• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bud should target Rudy Gay

JTB

On 7/8/2016 at 9:06 PM, capstone21 said:

I have been thinking about it more and a Splitter / Thabo trade would work ... If we resign Hump we take care of the backup center issue ... Gay would bring that other weapon we have been needing ... Coming to Buds system might be right for him and for us  ... Bembry / Prince get a chance to fill Thabo's shoes ... Still a lot of free agent backup point guards out there who will be forced to,sign a small contract

The one good thing about Gay's contract is I think it can be extended. Whoever he goes to would be an idiot not to get the extension agreed on 1st. I am sure the Kings will want some sort of youth included in the deal as in rookie contracts and/or picks. You don't send those type of assets away for a one year deal. Especially in this new NBA.

Edited by Buzzard

People need to get over this idea that Hardaway might get traded.

IT'S NOT HAPPENING...

Think it through. He's 24 years old. Is still on a rookie contract. We have his full Bird rights when he becomes a restricted free agent next year. He is going into year 2 in Hawks University, which we've all seen is often when a player takes a huge jump in development here.

But the biggest logical reason he won't be traded is because he has almost ZERO trade value to another team right now. He was recovering from injury last year, and spent most of the rest of the year getting spot minutes and working on his game. We all know he's liable to take a huge jump this season, which means he'll have trade value then. But other teams don't know that right now, not until they see it on the court. He is a much more valuable asset to us at this time than he is to another team.

Now that we've established that, we need to move on to the fact that Bud actually traded a 1st round draft pick for the guy because he saw serious potential in Hardaway. With Korver and Thabo both aging vets that don't have much time left, Bud isn't going to just throw the 24 year old Hardaway away. In 2017 our likely top 3 wing rotation is going to consist of Baze starting for certain, along with Hardaway and Prince in come combination of starter and first wing off the bench. 

If any wing gets traded this offseason, it's going to be one of the two older and more expensive Korver or Thabo.

Edited by RandomFan

• Moderators

Who knows if THJr will be on the team after this season.  If he bombs, you'd think we'd just cut ties.  If he succeeds, like every other wing, he will get paid serious dollars.  I do agree that he has little trade value right now.  When the limelight was on and the Hawks desperately needed an alternative to Korver in the playoffs, THJr couldn't crack 30% from the floor and ended up DNP-CD.    Everyone saw Korver get suffocated and the Hawks didn't have that backup with a pulse who could take on 20 minutes of action.  For our 2016-17 season, he needs to step up and fill that role.

• Moderators

Who knows if THJr will be on the team after this season.  If he bombs, you'd think we'd just cut ties.  If he succeeds, like every other wing, he will get paid serious dollars.  I do agree that he has little trade value right now.  When the limelight was on and the Hawks desperately needed an alternative to Korver in the playoffs, THJr couldn't crack 30% from the floor and ended up DNP-CD.    Everyone saw Korver get suffocated and the Hawks didn't have that backup with a pulse who could take on 20 minutes of action.  For our 2016-17 season, he needs to step up and fill that role.

• Premium Member

I'll give this a shot...

Where SAC is concerned, PG has to be their focus seemingly, and all the more so with Collison involved in courtroom drama now. Best PG on the market that seemingly could be made available is our old friend Shelvin Mack who suddenly is going to be doing mop-up minutes now that Hill has arrived in SLC and Exum is back on the court. Where UTA is concerned, Snyder certainly would have to smile at the prospect of upgrading his back-up C from Withey to Splitter for the price of his 3rd PG.

So here we go...

To SAC

- Shelvin Mack ($2,433,334)

- Lamar Patterson ($874,636)

- Rights to 2018 MIN 1st Rd Pick

To UTA

- Tiago Splitter ($8,500,000)

To ATL

- Rudy Gay ($13,333,333)

Then, to remedy the hole left by Tiago's departure, we use our MLE room to sign Jordan Hill who still remains on the market. (Not sure I do this deal, btw, w/o having an agreement w/ Hill first.)

We end up with these 15....

2016-07-12_0517.png

Sigh, why do I bother with realgm.  A guy there cited sources are saying a 3-team deal is imminent:

- to SAC: Crowder

- to LAC: Gay

- to BOS: Flake Griffin

Fkn kidding me with these pro-Selltic trade "rumors".

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Sigh, why do I bother with realgm.  A guy there cited sources are saying a 3-team deal is imminent:

- to SAC: Crowder

- to LAC: Gay

- to BOS: Flake Griffin

Fkn kidding me with these pro-Selltic trade "rumors".

Boston would need to give up 12 Million somewhere, which would be Amir Johnson's salary.  Not a bad move but Horf gets stuck at Center for the foreseeable future.  I guess they would bank on Blake being their banger in the paint.  I don't see why LAC makes this trade though.

17 minutes ago, ATLSmith said:

Boston would need to give up 12 Million somewhere, which would be Amir Johnson's salary.  Not a bad move but Horf gets stuck at Center for the foreseeable future.  I guess they would bank on Blake being their banger in the paint.  I don't see why LAC makes this trade though.

Like you said, first of all, why in the actual feck would LAC give up Griffin and only get back Gay?  That's my overall point.  I'm sick of these dumb, pro-Selltic, lopsided trade rumors.  I'm not even spending brain cells (I only got a few left) on breaking down whether or not it works on the court.

36 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Pleeeeease no Gay. The guy is absolute garbage. 

You know, the other thing that's funny about all these rumors is one of the more popular ones has Cousins going to BOS to allow Alicia to be a 4.

Do they not realize those two don't get along?  Or maybe they're eggspecting Alicia to b*tch-out and cater to Demarcus despite taking several cheap shots from him over the years.

Just now, kg01 said:

You know, the other thing that's funny about all these rumors is one of the more popular ones has Cousins going to BOS to allow Alicia to be a 4.

Do they not realize those two don't get along?  Or maybe they're eggspecting Alicia to b*tch-out and cater to Demarcus despite taking several cheap shots from him over the years.

I hope Boston does get Cousins. It would be fun to watch them unravel lol. 

• Admin
On 7/9/2016 at 8:55 PM, CJB said:

OR 

3 way between ATL/SAC/MIN http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zuokb39

ATL: Gay/Koufos

SAC: Rubio/Scott/THJR

MIN: Tiago/Thabo/Picks

That is actually a well thought out and viable trade ... works for all parties ... I would like it for us and I think Sac/Min works well too ... each team answers some needs and I really like getting Kourfos to backup Howard ... nice

• Like 1

• Admin
6 hours ago, sturt said:

I'll give this a shot...

Where SAC is concerned, PG has to be their focus seemingly, and all the more so with Collison involved in courtroom drama now. Best PG on the market that seemingly could be made available is our old friend Shelvin Mack who suddenly is going to be doing mop-up minutes now that Hill has arrived in SLC and Exum is back on the court. Where UTA is concerned, Snyder certainly would have to smile at the prospect of upgrading his back-up C from Withey to Splitter for the price of his 3rd PG.

So here we go...

To SAC

- Shelvin Mack ($2,433,334)

- Lamar Patterson ($874,636)

- Rights to 2018 MIN 1st Rd Pick

To UTA

- Tiago Splitter ($8,500,000)

To ATL

- Rudy Gay ($13,333,333)

Then, to remedy the hole left by Tiago's departure, we use our MLE room to sign Jordan Hill who still remains on the market. (Not sure I do this deal, btw, w/o having an agreement w/ Hill first.)

We end up with these 15....

2016-07-12_0517.png

that is not bad too ... Sac gets their backup point guard and the minny pick could be enticing ... Utah gets big depth although they just got Diaw to backup C  so I don't know if they need / want splitter 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

that is not bad too ... Sac gets their backup point guard and the minny pick could be enticing ... Utah gets big depth although they just got Diaw to backup C  so I don't know if they need / want splitter 

Well, yeah, but Diaw plays whatever position isn't otherwise on the floor... imo, he's penciled-in as a back-up PF, but it depends on the day and the opponent.

So, but I realized after I posted this, I missed something on the 15-man.... did you or anyone else catch it? (I bet @RandomFan did.)

• Admin
1 hour ago, sturt said:

Well, yeah, but Diaw plays whatever position isn't otherwise on the floor... imo, he's penciled-in as a back-up PF, but it depends on the day and the opponent.

So, but I realized after I posted this, I missed something on the 15-man.... did you or anyone else catch it? (I bet @RandomFan did.)

Hill???

1 hour ago, sturt said:

Missed more than one thing :tongue:

Both Scott AND Hardaway.

Also that Patterson and Splitter's contracts wouldn't be enough outgoing salary to allow us to absorb Gay.

Edited by RandomFan

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Missed more than one thing :tongue:

Both Scott AND Hardaway.

Also that Patterson and Splitter's contracts wouldn't be enough outgoing salary to allow us to absorb Gay.

1. I've been counting out Scott all along, but I could still yet be wrong or right on that, of course. Through it all, though I've been counting him out, I've been hoping to be wrong b/c he represents so much value at $3.3m even under the old cap.... all the more, now. He's shown a capacity to dominate for a quarter or two, particularly in the scoring column where we can use all we can get.

2. Splitter ($8.5m) + Patterson ($874k) = $9,424,636

x 150% = $14,136,954

+ $100,000 = $14,236,954

Gay = $13,333,333

2016-07-07_2202.png

What am I missing?

3. Yes.... *ding* *ding* *ding*.... correct answer is, I forgot Hardaway. Oops.