• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The final piece

TRW

Brandon Knight is the final piece we need to add to our team. He'd be the perfect backup point guard behind Schröder.   The only issue is he makes around 14 million a season but that's a bargain in this new NBA.  He's under contract for the next 4 seasons,  he can shoot, handle, and run a team. Can also play at the 2. How about Thabo, Patterson and a future 1st.

• Premium Member

14 mill is alot for a backup PG. Knight would be a great addition to our team,but to trade the Hawks best wing defender would be a mistake. What about bringing back Hinrich?    

• Admin

He is a really nice scorer ... Not really a point guard but can play it a little bit ... He doesn't defend and he is undersized for shooting guard ....I would rather Baz be the 2 and we find a 3 ... I don't know if BK is an answer for us

I think we'll miss Teague and his scoring and I see Knight as a bigger more aggressive version of Teague. Having two quality point guards has been great for us. He could play a Jamal Crawford role.  Winning is more important than a starting role, he would still get his minutes. Dennis will need to be pushed just like he pushed Teague. 

His price tag is similar to Rudy Gay meaning similar principles apply - we'd lose our backup C, PF and 1 or 2 wing players for a backup PG and have no money left to adequately filled two major positions.

1 minute ago, sturt said:

Well, technically.... if you can strike a deal that takes the team over the cap, we gain that $5.6m MLE that could yield another rotation player as a bonus.

Things change so much I can't keep up with it. I thought exceptions were to given out right after the draft, so teams could use them at the start of free agency.

9 minutes ago, sturt said:

Well, technically.... if you can strike a deal that takes the team over the cap, we gain that $5.6m MLE that could yield another rotation player as a bonus.

We would need 2 rotation players - backup C n PF for the $5.6 MLE?

• Premium Member

Yah. True, true.

Comes back to whether one accepts the thought of Delaney as the 2nd PG. I do, but I take it that the OP doesn't. Also comes back to what is actually in the trade, ie, if there are other parts to it.

16 minutes ago, sturt said:

Yah. True, true.

Comes back to whether one accepts the thought of Delaney as the 2nd PG. I do, but I take it that the OP doesn't. Also comes back to what is actually in the trade, ie, if there are other parts to it.

I'm not saying it can't be done but there will be more moving parts with us getting back more than just a PG to help round out the roster.