• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NBA Rumor: Hawks to acquire Russell Westbrook for Dennis Schröder, two first round picks

Twinblade

1 minute ago, High5 said:

"It should be noted that this is just a suggestion and there no confirmed reports of the two teams discussing a trade."

So he just decide to create a clickbait title? Figures, which is why I said take it with a grain of salt. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

About the author:

I'm a Golden State Warriors fan since 2000, a supporter of Borussia Dortmund and I watch wrestling because it's still real to me.

Can anyone confirm the author's not @LucastheThird?

• Premium Member

IF we were to go for Westbrook..

It would clear up some of the roster space if it were Dennis, Splitter, and Thabo and 2 first rounders for Westbrook. 

What we would be saying is that we're going after the championship now...

The real question is Would Westbrook work with everybody and Budball?

But... as we have said... It's just clickbait. 

Just now, Diesel said:

IF we were to go for Westbrook..

It would clear up some of the roster space if it were Dennis, Splitter, and Thabo and 2 first rounders for Westbrook. 

What we would be saying is that we're going after the championship now...

The real question is Would Westbrook work with everybody and Budball?

But... as we have said... It's just clickbait. 

It's all wishful thinking at this point. 

• Premium Member

Another thought on Westbrook.

If you were to trade for Westbrook now... then in Dec, you could look to move Westbrook for Russell and Ingram if you thought that there was more future in those two.

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

If he wants out of OAK, he would need too.

No he wouldn't.  He'll just go through one last season then head into free agency.  He has all the leverage.  If OKC thinks he won't re-sign, they'll have to trade him for whatever pkg they can get from a team willing to take the risk that he may/may not re-sign.

Just now, kg01 said:

No he wouldn't.  He'll just go through one last season then head into free agency.  He has all the leverage.  If OKC thinks he won't re-sign, they'll have to trade him for whatever pkg they can get from a team willing to take the risk that he may/may not re-sign.

I wouldn't trade first round picks then.

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I wouldn't trade first round picks then.

I would ... depending.  Speak with his reps, get a sense for what he wants, trade for him if you feel you got a shot at re-signing.

If we could get Westbrook for Dennis and two first round picks we should jump on it.Take a chance on a talent like Russy .Even if he does not agree to an extension up front ,I would still roll the dice.know it's not going to happen so let a girl dream,lol.