• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Adreian Payne

Admin

So has anyone seen his stats in summer league this season? Guy put up bug time numbers, grabbed boards and shot well beyond the arc. They're saying he won't find much time in Minnesotas rotation due to their incredible depth. With Scotts situation and seeing Moose regress he could get big minutes here so I'm wondering... Would we be interested in sending Minny their 1st round pick back in order to get Adreian?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• Moderators

F no.  I'm not giving up a first for one or two years of control of Payne.  Plus, you are talking summer league when the guy is 6 years older than some of the people competing in the summer league.  He makes Dion Glover look young in his MVP year.  Further, Payne sucked #$#* last year too - 36.6% FG% from a big man.  

You also have the ugly dynamic that this would mean we gave up Payne for 1.5 years of development on our watch for literally nothing because everything we got for him we just gave back.

I'd want BudCox's head if they did this.  

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

So has anyone seen his stats in summer league this season? Guy put up bug time numbers, grabbed boards and shot well beyond the arc. They're saying he won't find much time in Minnesotas rotation due to their incredible depth. With Scotts situation and seeing Moose regress he could get big minutes here so I'm wondering... Would we be interested in sending Minny their 1st round pick back in order to get Adreian?

I'm pretty sure somebody hijacked ur account. If somebody is messing around with Dolf please stop cuz this isn't even funny. 

Come on Dolf, ur better than this.

• Moderators

((This thread is incomplete without the input from one particular poster!))

Even though I hope he excels elsewhere, it was good to see him ballin' outta control last night. I'm partial to my ex-Hawks... most of 'em anyway!

~lw3

• Like 3

3 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

((This thread is incomplete without the input from one particular poster!))

Even though I hope he excels elsewhere, it was good to see him ballin' outta control last night. I'm partial to my ex-Hawks... most of 'em anyway!

~lw3

Al's too busy to bother with you cretons.

See what I did there?  You know he mad

I look at it like we sent him away to our farm club and had him seasoned while we completed for the title (in the East) and then we brought him back right when he was ready to play. I know it's summer league and yada yada but the guy was a legit 1st round talent with skills that aren't common for a guy his size. It's not like we are talking about a 30 something either. Nor are we likely to get much other than 2 second round picks from Minny if we don't cash that draft chip in.

22 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

There is no way any team will give up a 1st for him right now based on his actual NBA play.  He can be had for a future 2nd.

Well make the deal then lady! He's a steal for a future 2nd!

• Moderators
On 7/19/2016 at 8:28 PM, Dolfan23 said:

I look at it like we sent him away to our farm club and had him seasoned while we completed for the title (in the East) and then we brought him back right when he was ready to play. I know it's summer league and yada yada but the guy was a legit 1st round talent with skills that aren't common for a guy his size. It's not like we are talking about a 30 something either. Nor are we likely to get much other than 2 second round picks from Minny if we don't cash that draft chip in.

I think his play has shown he was definitely not a legit first round talent which is why Bud pulled the ripcord and unloaded him.  As he has shot less than 40% for his career, he has actually put up negative win shares both seasons and sports a 6.9 PER.  Next season he is 25.  Bleh.

23 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think his play has shown he was definitely not a legit first round talent which is why Bud pulled the ripcord and unloaded him.  As he has shot less than 40% for his career, he has actually put up negative win shares both seasons and sports a 6.9 PER.  Next season he is 25.  Bleh.

Does negative "win shares" mean he's point-shaving?  I think 'yes'.

7 minutes ago, AHF said:

No surprise.  You'd be on board trading the Minny pick for Mauteen Cleaves.

Nah, not trying to re-create the basketball version of the Longest Yard.

Al wants to brang bak Charlie Bell.  He still got a few vet minutes in them knees.  :laugh: Dude used to wear some XL Pat Ewing knee braces.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Nah, not trying to re-create the basketball version of the Longest Yard.

Al wants to brang bak Charlie Bell.  He still got a few vet minutes in them knees.  :laugh: Dude used to wear some XL Pat Ewing knee braces.

He would help out our rebounding numbers.

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Alex said:

He would help out our rebounding numbers.

Really?  Because his rebounding looks a lot like Mike Muscala.

Rk Player From To G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
1 Mike Muscala 2014 2016 120 8 1282 5.3 10.6 .505 0.6 1.8 .328 4.7 8.8 .542 1.9 2.2 .859 3.0 5.1 8.1 1.9 0.9 1.6 1.7 4.3 13.1
2 Adreian Payne 2015 2016 84 24 1225 4.2 10.7 .395 0.3 1.2 .244 3.9 9.5 .414 1.4 2.1 .653 2.0 6.0 8.0 1.7 1.0 0.6 2.4 4.8 10.1
Provided by Basketball-Reference.com: View Original Table
Generated 7/21/2016.