• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CBS Sports: Hawks starting lineup ranked #10, bench ranked #20

TheNorthCydeRises

But you won't like the lineup ranked at #7.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/ranking-all-30-nba-starting-lineups-hint-warriors-are-pretty-good/

Hawks rookies aren't factored into their bench rankings.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/ranking-all-30-nba-benches-a-non-playoff-team-secures-top-spot/

So I guess by these 2 rankings, a former Hawk will be on the most improved team in the league, seeing that they have a top 5 starting lineup and bench.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Wow.  Not factoring in Delaney, Prince and Bembry at all is a bad mistake.  Those guys will total some real minutes this season.

Looking at other spots on the list it is hard to understand why they included some rookies and excluded others.  Tyler Ulis is in the mix despite all the PGs in Phoenix but none of the swingmen taken in the late lottery and after are going to be in their teams rotations?  Wha?  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

Wow.  Not factoring in Delaney, Prince and Bembry at all is a bad mistake.  Those guys will total some real minutes this season.

Looking at other spots on the list it is hard to understand why they included some rookies and excluded others.  Tyler Ulis is in the mix despite all the PGs in Phoenix but none of the swingmen taken in the late lottery and after are going to be in their teams rotations?  Wha?  

Smacks of lazy modern "journalism".  Rationale will be ... "uh, we wanted to get folks talking and we succeeded therefore we are a success".  SMDH

Even without factoring in the rookies, if Jack and Splitter recover well from their surgeries and THJ plays at a similar level to how he played after the break (hoping for more improvement) then our bench is certainly better than 22. Maybe I'm being a homer, but I feel like Jack / THJ / Thabo / Scott / Splitter with Humphries filling in at either position is a really nice veteran unit. Health is definitely a concern, though. And prison. But that's why we also have Delaney, Prince, Bembry, and Edy as options. I'm pretty excited about our bench situation.  

P.S. Nothing personal, Moose. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, High5 said:

Even without factoring in the rookies, if Jack and Splitter recover well from their surgeries and THJ plays at a similar level to how he played after the break (hoping for more improvement) then our bench is certainly better than 22. Maybe I'm being a homer, but I feel like Jack / THJ / Thabo / Scott / Splitter with Humphries filling in at either position is a really nice veteran unit. Health is definitely a concern, though. And prison. But that's why we also have Delaney, Prince, Bembry, and Edy as options. I'm pretty excited about our bench situation.  

Thabo got some justice finally, Bud resolved his DUI,  it'd be nice for Mike Scott to get his case overwith so there are no more pending trials for Hawks.   

3 hours ago, High5 said:

If Jack gets 100%, healthy our bench is good to go with our backcourt!