• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Millsap: Howard should help Hawks ’ floor spacing

JTB

47 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Let's hope we gel.   Sap is going to take off if this season ends up being a lot of Dw-ama.

That's why I'm a little afraid of Dwight...still

• Premium Member

Wow. That comment about DS17 and Teague tells me who he really wanted to run the point. IMO, he basically said he would have liked to keep Teague a little longer.      

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, QuantumHawkz said:

Wow. That comment about DS17 and Teague tells me who he really wanted to run the point. IMO, he basically said he would have liked to keep Teague a little longer.      

No doubt Teague is the better player right now.   But I think the team will come around because of Dennis' D.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, QuantumHawkz said:

Not a wow for me - we've all said Dennis is still learning.

• Premium Member

I like the fact that Sap Acknowledges that Dw8 is a dedicated "roll guy".  For so long we haven't had one of those.  The pressure that Dw8 will put on defense will be massive.  Everytime they see a pick, I suspect that they will go into panick mode.   The reason being is that Bigs don't play that way anymore.  Maybe Marc Gasol or Amare but the latest bigs are SAWFT in the paint.  I'm looking for this from now on... THEME SONG

• Like 3

On August 4, 2016 at 0:34 PM, Diesel said:

I like the fact that Sap Acknowledges that Dw8 is a dedicated "roll guy".  For so long we haven't had one of those.  The pressure that Dw8 will put on defense will be massive.  Everytime they see a pick, I suspect that they will go into panick mode.   The reason being is that Bigs don't play that way anymore.  Maybe Marc Gasol or Amare but the latest bigs are SAWFT in the paint.  I'm looking for this from now on... THEME SONG

Never thought about it but since you brought it up...when I try to name the Bigs that roll hard to goal on a consistent basis in this new 3pt happy NBA era, I can't think of many at all.

Putting pressure on the rim is huge! Look at lebron for example...he plays heavy isolation but when he gets serious he puts pressure on the rim forcing teams to double him consistently and he makes great passes out the post or out of his driving to wide open teammates.....works every time including sweeping the east with his pinky toe on to the championship the last 6 years.

• Like 3

Yeah, with D8 back there we should really be able to stay tighter on the Cavs three point shooters no matter what position they play. Help defense causing open shots will be less of a thorn for us moving forward. Feels so different just thinking about it.  

• Like 1

On 8/4/2016 at 11:21 AM, QuantumHawkz said:

He also may have been challenging DS17. You wanted it kid, you got, its time to roll.

I like that he is speaking of his new teammate , Howard, in a positive light; and somewhat agrees by mentioning it that to some extent him and Horford were duplicating similar roles. Sap is a better post player, but they both developed the ability to stretch the floor under Bud.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
On 8/5/2016 at 1:31 PM, JTB said:

Never thought about it but since you brought it up...when I try to name the Bigs that roll hard to goal on a consistent basis in this new 3pt happy NBA era, I can't think of many at all.

Putting pressure on the rim is huge! Look at lebron for example...he plays heavy isolation but when he gets serious he puts pressure on the rim forcing teams to double him consistently and he makes great passes out the post or out of his driving to wide open teammates.....works every time including sweeping the east with his pinky toe on to the championship the last 6 years.

Exactly.

Lebron is not a gifted player with a shot like Korver or even ball handling skills like Steph.  However, they give him credit for being like Magic and Jordan.  However, in all truth, Lebron is Shaq.  He does all this playing around but when he's serious, he's attacking the rim because he knows that either he will get a bucket or a trip to the line.   It's a lost art... somebody being Shaq.  Finesse doesn't win many championships.