• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Braves to call-up Dansby Swanson

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/08/braves-to-promote-dansby-swanson.html

Well it is finally happening. I would figure Ozzie Ablies will be called-up in Sept.  Hopefully these two will be our anchors up the middle similar to Whitaker and Trammel or more recent Utley and Rollins for the next 10-15 years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WraithSentinel said:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/08/braves-to-promote-dansby-swanson.html

Well it is finally happening. I would figure Ozzie Ablies will be called-up in Sept.  Hopefully these two will be our anchors up the middle similar to Whitaker and Trammel or more recent Utley and Rollins for the next 10-15 years.

Just saw this on fb...our next superstar!!!

Sure, the season is lost.  No question about that.  Calling up Swanson now gives him time

to become accustomed to the major leagues.  Our future second baseman will undoubtedly

be added after Sept 1st, when rosters expand.

• Moderators

Despite being forever done with the braves I'm actually going to the game tonight.   So I hope Swanson plays.   Got tix on stubhub so the braves wouldn't get any of my money.   Well except for the $50 i spend for 3 beers.   Stubhub tix are hilarious too.  I think you can sit IN the braves dugout these days for about $6.

• Like 1

• Moderators

He looked good at the plate.  Even his first at bat, hitting a line drive out with 2 strikes was pretty good.   

Man the Ted these days is one depressing place.    Walked in the second inning and from the gates you would have thought there wasn't a game going on.     And the team.  I know they are young and there are some bright spots but it's not major league quality out there.  

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I really like about Swanson is his poised. He doesn't look overwhelm out there and got his head in the game. His defense has look really good as well.  I am assuming he will eventually turn into a 15-20 homer SS with time. It look like he will primarily be hitting singles and doubles.  It look like he will use the entire field.

With Jace actually playing better this year. I think the Braves can actually afford to let Ozzie spend another year in the minors. Speaking of Jace I think the Braves finally found their new Omar/Prado super utility player. He has held his on no matter where the Braves played him.  So when Ozzie eventually get called up Jace value will still have value to the team.