• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Media Day and Training Camp 2016

2 hours ago, capstone21 said:

I don't think it matters because I think Moose is also gone ...

He is the 16th man on a 15 man roster.

Getting cut will end up being:

Costello, Bynum, Kelly,  Solomon and ...

Moose

I think we can get a 2nd round pick for Moose. Send him to Brooklyn to be with Kenny. They can use a stretch 4.

Story by KL Chouinard
Twitter: @KLChouinard

Kyle Korver, on the what he saw in pre-camp 5-on-5 sessions of open gym:

“We have a really competitive group. Our group the last couple of years had a real steadiness to us. And that was good, but sometimes it wasn’t good, too. I think maybe this group has a little more fire and is a little more vocal, a little more expressive. ‘Expressive’ is a good word.  We have a lot more expression on this team and I think it’s going to help us. I think it creates a higher ceiling. You’ve got to ride that wave of emotion a little bit. There may be a couple of stinkers because of it, but I think at the end of the day, that’s the biggest thing that I see."

Dwight Howard, on keeping the ball moving in a pass-focused offense:

“I’ve done that before. The offense is similar to Orlando’s, except it’s more spread out here. All of the passing out of double teams and passing out of the post, those are things that I’ve done my whole career. I think a lot of that stuff has gotten lost because of the past couple of seasons, but all that stuff is behind me now. This opportunity that I have in front of me, I’m going to take full advantage of it.“

Taurean Prince, on growing nine inches in high school and changing positions:

“I was 5-foot-9 in my freshman year, and I got to 6-foot-6 by my senior year. I was on the wing a little bit growing up. As soon as I got to 6-foot-3, I moved to (center) and I was a permanent center in high school. I switched to (power forward) for my college years, so I wasn’t playing on the wing for about four or five years straight, and then one of my former teammates got injured, so I moved to the wing and I just started taking it seriously from there and getting better in that area."

Mike Scott, on watching the TV show Atlanta:

"I watch it every Tuesday night. That’s a dope show.  I like how they’re really in the city of Atlanta. Some shows that film in Atlanta, they don’t show the real Atlanta. The show Atlanta shows the real Atlanta and I like that." 

"I like how they use Bankroll P.J. They use the Migos. They use people that are from Atlanta, and they use them in the shot. I like that."

(Scott was torn on picking his favorite character from the trio of Earn, Darius and Paper Boi, but was leaning toward Darius for being funny.

http://www.nba.com/hawks/features/4-quotes-worth-reading-first-week-hawks-camp?cid=16trainingcamp_social_092816_twitter_trainingcampquotes

Mike Scott, on watching the TV show Atlanta:

"I watch it every Tuesday night. That’s a dope show.  I like how they’re really in the city of Atlanta. Some shows that film in Atlanta, they don’t show the real Atlanta. The show Atlanta shows the real Atlanta and I like that." 

Bad choice of words Mike (?)

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Yeah, had the same spit-take, @Watchman.

Didn't comb the posts above to see if it was said, so if recently mentioned, but the AJC reporter who covered Scott's arraignment hearing in July (not CViv) indicated that he was told a fall court date should be expected. Who knows. Maybe continuance after continuance gets granted, and Mike gets his final year. But it's always made sense to me that Budcox didn't just happen to have 16 fully or partially guaranteed contracts on the roster... but rather, for this very reason, ie that they can't predict what would happen with Scott before opening night, Moose remains on the roster.

Someone wrote somewhere in the last month or so that they thought Taveras actually might be more vulnerable than Moose. And, I can understand the argument to a degree, but no, while Edy still isn't a player you can reasonably expect to go to war with for 82 games, he advanced too much between his first season and his second season to not be optimistic about how much he maybe can still advance between last and this season. He has a feathery touch that is self-evident at the foul line, and maybe it's just me, but I'm intrigued to see if, with more maturity on the court, he can translate that in some consistent way to become an actual threat from 15 feet and in.