• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

SI.com Top 100

TheNorthCydeRises

33 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

How is Dennis not on the list but guys like Tyler Zeller and Brandon Knight made the list.

As a Hawks fan and a squawk dynasty 2016 member I can only say they are messing with my guy....

image.gif

38 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

How is Dennis not on the list but guys like Tyler Zeller and Brandon Knight made the list.

I don't believe Zeller made the list, JBizzle.  I've purposely not read any of it, but I just can't believe that guy made any top list.

Anyways, Dennis not making this list may be the best thing for him.  Stay hungry, Young German.  Prove 'em wrong.

Lastly, great gif'n @Spud2Nique  

• Admin
3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Dennis has not proven anything yet ... he has been a backup point guard who has at times been very inconsistent where some days he is a highlight film and others take his team out of games ... this will be his year to prove himself and if he can live up to his potential and show some growth/maturity he will definitely be on the list next year

1 hour ago, capstone21 said:

Dennis has not proven anything yet ... he has been a backup point guard who has at times been very inconsistent where some days he is a highlight film and others take his team out of games ... this will be his year to prove himself and if he can live up to his potential and show some growth/maturity he will definitely be on the list next year

Fine but what the hell has Tyler Zeller proved?

12 hours ago, capstone21 said:

Horford is finally getting respect. Nice to see Sap in the top 15. I agree. 

A lot of players have to prove themselves on this roster. Dennis need to become a top 25-50 player. 

Dwight needs to prove that he's a top 10 player. I don't even think he's a top 40 player but if he's better in this system and is healthy, I think he could special. 

Bazemore clearly needs to improve but he's a top 100 player. I agree. 

TH Jr needs to improve, I want to see him become a top 100 player. 

I need more from Tiago. 

Hopefully Jack is a top 30-35 PG. If he is, the Hawks have a chance if Dennis has a breakout year. 

On 9/16/2016 at 3:44 PM, AHF said:

That he doesn't belong on a top 100 list.

Agreed. 

On 9/15/2016 at 9:55 AM, AHF said:

You are right.  Put up or shut up time for Boston.  First round exit = massive fail.

They should be a the ECF. They are better than everyone not named Cleveland. 

Atlanta, Indiana, New York, Chicago and Toronto have a lot to prove. 

20 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Hahaha.  All the egg-sperts points to Boston adding Al but nobody mentions what they lost.

I'm not sure why you add Toronto to the list of 'prove it' teams: they still have the core of their roster,  a healthy DMC. They lost Biyombo who secured a big contract by having 1 20 rebound game in the playoffs. He was nothing special during the regular season.

Every team behind Cleveland, then Toronto have a lot to prove because of their roster changes.

12 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Sorry my friend but BOS is a 4/5-level team.  No one factors in the improvement they'll see in their division opponents and in the East overall.  No one talks about how important Evan Turner was to them as a pg at times, since the Thomas guy is a 2 and a defensive liability (at best).  Does their FAgent addition improve them?  Sure but his presence alone does not mitigate the other factors that are being ignored.

Putting them on a level above the TOR/IND/ATL's of the world is an error IMHO.  Putting NYK/CHI in the same level as those others is laughable.

11 minutes ago, AHF said:

Baby steps.

I'm giving you some major side-eye right now.  That was bad.  I'm talking UK football-level bad (shots fired, shots fired).

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'm giving you some major side-eye right now.  That was bad.  I'm talking UK football-level bad (shots fired, shots fired).

He earned the 285th most minutes last season.

He had the 303rd highest PER in those minutes last season.

He had the 232nd most win shares last season

What about that says that 101-200 isn't the right target for next year?

I'm hoping he contributes like a 150th guy this year not somebody bumping Bazemore from near the bottom of the top 100.  Of course, I'd like him to win MVP and NBA Finals MVP but trying to be more realistic.

Bleacher Report NBA 200: Ranking the Best Overall Players Heading into 2016-17

10. Paul Millsap, Atlanta Hawks (PF)

10. Paul Millsap, Atlanta Hawks (PF)

Ed Szczepanski-USA TODAY Sports 

Scoring

17/20

Paul Millsap is capable of creating his own looks from anywhere on the court and can destroy a defense with a veritable arsenal of moves. Whether he's knocking down jumpers, using a devastating pump fake and driving to the hoop or working away from the primary action, he scores in just about every conceivable way. Were it not for a surprisingly shaky perimeter stroke, he'd have a chance to establish himself as one of the NBA's best scorers.

Non-Scoring Offense

11/15

Millsap's passing earns a perfect score in the facilitating subsection, as he kept the ball moving in the Atlanta Hawks' pass-heavy schemes without turning it over too often. Especially when you include his 0.7 secondary assists per game (the third-most of any power forward analyzed for NBA 200), he was unquestionably elite. His floor-spacing ability, however, wasn't quite up to the same standard during a season in which he shot just 31.9 percent from beyond the arc. 

Defense

36/40

Although he wasn't a top-tier rim protector (allowing 49.2 percent shooting at the hoop), Millsap could do everything at an above-average level on defense. His versatility and quick hands helped the Hawks force action toward the painted areabecause he could trap them and prevent easy outlet passes. Without his ability to guard opponents on the interior and perimeter, Atlanta couldn't have functioned at such a high level. 

Rebounding

14/15

Millsap's long arms and the springs in his legs have always helped overcome his lack of height for the position (6'8"), but this was his best season yet as a rebounding force. Though his conversion rate couldn't stack up against the best of the bunch, his ceaseless effort and ability to successfully pull down boards in traffic helped him stand out more than most. 

Durability

10/10

After playing 81 games, Millsap's durability shouldn't be questioned. According to ICE data provided by B/R Insights, only Drummond, Gordon Hayward, Marcus Morris and Paul George finished with higher total physio loads.

Overall

88/100

Millsap was the Hawks. His play represented everything that helped this team remain near the top of the Eastern Conference, whether by his diverse offensive contributions featuring skill and ball movement or his defensive versatility that helped anchor unique schemes. There's no telling whether he'll be able to maintain this level of play during his age-31 season, but he was a top-10 player in 2015-16. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2653585-br-nba-200-ranking-the-best-overall-players-heading-into-2016-17/page/42