• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

F it! Prince got shades of Kawhi Leonard. He looks a lot like him

NBASupes

A squawker mentioned when we drafted him that he could be our Kawhi.  Come get your trophy whoever you are.

Edit: The closet I've found so far is @dalamchops who said 

rather have Claw 2.0 :)

The Taurean Prince Thread...

• Premium Member
On 9/22/2016 at 9:20 AM, aali34 said:

Most people say that he is going to be the next Demarre Carroll.  I think that he could be somewhere between Harrison Barnes and Kawhi Leonard. He is very similar to them when they were coming out of college physically and unlike Leonard he has a pretty good jump shot( Leonard was a terrible college three point shooter). The main difference is that Prince isn't as athletic as either of them and that could hinder him from being as good. I am not saying he is unathletic, but from what I've seen he is a good lob target, but isn't a guy that posterizes people much. I don't  know if its a lack of athleticism or his dribble slowing him down but he can still be a great player.

Thank you

I also would like to change my previous opinion on his athleticism, he has won me over so far.

Edited by aali34
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

The constant moving off of the ball. 

The quick first step. 

The elite quickness off the ball on defense. 

The instincts. 

The ability of improving each and every day. 

The natural scoring mentality. 

Making smart reads. 

The ability to get to parts of the court when he wants to. 

The ability to finish in traffic. 

I am telling you, he's special. He's going to elite. I know he is. This might be the first player outside of Horford and Nique I been extremely hyped on. Not just, he can be an all star like Dennis or Edy but like special, franchise player type. Those are not a dime a dozen. He really fits this system and it shows. I think the sky is the limit. 

Even the measureables are similar. 

Leonard is 6'7 w/shoes, 227, 7'3 wingspan, 8'10 standing reach, 32 inch max vert. 

(9.8 inches long, 11.3 inches wide  hands. No comparison. 

Prince is 6'8 w/shoes, 220, 6'11.5 wingspan, 8'11.50 standing reach with a 36 inch max vert. 

Hand Length (Inches): 9.0
Hand Width (Inches): 8.5

So maybe Bud has hit a homer with two different franchises. Don't have a clue as to him being a franchises type player or not but think with the way he contributes everywhere on the floor he will be someone we have to have to get by the Cavs down the road. Timeline of course is a huge variable. Looks like he was well coached at Baylor. 

• Moderators

Honestly you can tell that both rookies are ready to work.   It's very unlikely we fall out of the playoffs.   I'd sacrifice some early season games in the name of getting those guys minutes and then finish strong and beat the crap out of Indy, boston or toronto in the first round.   

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Thomas said:

So maybe Bud has hit a homer with two different franchises. Don't have a clue as to him being a franchises type player or not but think with the way he contributes everywhere on the floor he will be someone we have to have to get by the Cavs down the road. Timeline of course is a huge variable. Looks like he was well coached at Baylor. 

I would say Scott Drew is an average coach who is an elite recruiter. Most of his players tend to only moderately improve during college. Most have gotten  much better in the NBA and most tend not to have a reliable skill-set in the NBA. 

As for comparisons, he's not as athletic as Leonard from an explosiveness stance nor is he as athlete as Barnes. Where he shines is his court vision and court feel vision which is vital for High BBIQ players.  That's where Kyle is so effective while lacking a lot of talent and athletic ability. That's the ability to always find the right place on the court and see how to get the other player open while not literally being the other player. He has better PG skills than either player by a mile. 

I am impressed. During the SL, I was like, he's talented but he's more like Crash but watching him in the real system, he's so much better than even I though. He really has an excellent feel for the game. Crash biggest issue was he was a mainly on the ball offensive player who couldn't shoot for a lick. Just wasn't an elite BBIQ type of guy. Had decent BBIQ but it was more like Tim and not like Kyle or Al.

14 minutes ago, hazer said:

Or save the money and this:

Shredder

Bembry

Blaze

Prince

D8

Bazemore is still a solid player right now. Bembry, for all of his talent is very raw in parts of his game. He might have the potential but Bazemore has potential as well. I doubt Atlanta let's Sap go. He's a need now that Al is gone.

You don't go from 15th man to starter in an offseason for nothing. 

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Bazemore is still a solid player right now. Bembry, for all of his talent is very raw in parts of his game. He might have the potential but Bazemore has potential as well. I doubt Atlanta let's Sap go. He's a need now that Al is gone.

You don't go from 15th man to starter in an offseason for nothing. 

See my post right before that one then :approved:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, hazer said:

Re-sign Sap and run with this next year:

Shredder

Blaze

Prince

Sap

D8

That team could hold opponents to the low eighties on many a night. Also would probably keep our shooting coach fairly busy. Does seem like a very likely starting lineup in '17-18.

• Like 1

A lot of us didn't necessarily like where he was taken (I was really surprised) but we are very glad to have Prince. Now with hardly any time in the system he looks so much like a natural for us that we are pretty sure he will improve dramatically under Bud and company and was a very sound pick. He is going to be a quality mainstay for us and we're just beginning to see what he brings. A strong future. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AHF said:

As in, you told us he would be a star or you are telling  us he won't?

I was in love with the pick from the beginning and argued with a couple of people about it. I don't see "star" in him but I see maybe Gordon Hayward level potential. Just being a snob, lol.

Edited by TheFuzz
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Thomas said:

A lot of us didn't necessarily like where he was taken (I was really surprised) but we were very glad to have Prince. Now with hardly any time in the system he looks so much like a natural for us that we are pretty sure he will improve dramatically under Bud and company and was a very sound pick. He is going to be a quality mainstay for us and we're just beginning to see what he brings. A strong future. 

The biggest issue was via film of the games I watched. He really wasn't in the right system or personnel grouping to look like he's looking now in college. Baylor was constantly missing reads, constantly calling meh plays, constantly undercoached, the zone defense which hides defenders both good and bad and constantly relying on creating iso shots for their personnel grouping. 

So on tape, I seen the movement, I seen the vision, I seen the quickness and the ability to get to his spots on the court but I also seen the weaknesses. Atlanta kinda hides his weaknesses like San Antonio and Kawhi