• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

DS17 improved 3pt shooting.

LikejRod29

I've been very happy with his long ball shots,he's shootings 39.1 from the 3 and really hoping that he can keep it going bc it's will make it even tougher too guard the pick and roll with DH8. That was 1 of his flaws that needed work and now it's the turnovers which I think will get better with time. Go hawks  

• Like 4

To me its encouraging that he now is also able to make walk-in threes and corner-threes.

He has to work on his off the dribble -j. It goes too short most of the times.

Also his finishing a round the rim has to improve. I kinda dont like that he has one go-to layup and never switches hands or goes up and under. 

Other than that and his tos im very surprised by his performances yet. He got very calm but still has that fire in his eyes which lets him explode especially against top 5 opponents. 

Hes only going to get better with his work-hard-attitude. We have good  reasons to be optimistic folks.

vor 8 Minuten, benhillboy sagte:

His release does seem a little quicker and fluid.  I couldn't believe Jeff was .400 for most of last year, which bailed the team out late on a number of  occassions.  If Dennis can hover around where he is now I'll be ecstatic.  If opponents start honoring his shot and closing out it'll open a whole new dimensional realm to our offense.  He'll be throwing alley oops every other play like Houston did in the playoffs a couple years back.

What's much more surprising is how you beat @DS17Fanboy to this analysis.

No suprise. No it is not suprising. I brought it up in the "early thoughts on Schröder" thread few days ago. FYI

If the shooting is somewhat realistic he has one more final step to take and it's really about finding a happy medium between modes. There are times where fast and aggressive isn't the right mode.

I'd be pleased if he averaged 16 PTS, 6-7 AST, on 45% shooting and 36% 3PT shooting and 3.5 TO by per 36.

He's never going to be a guy that is good at taking care of the ball, but he can get better.

Dennis shot has always been streaky. He had months of 40% 3P before. I hope he will hold his current percentage longer this time. He seems to select his shots better the last four of five games. His problems of shooting to short sometimes seem to be caused by fatigue not the kind of shot.

Edited by rd79

6 hours ago, rd79 said:

Dennis shot has always been streaky. He had months of 40% 3P before. I hope he will hold his current percentage longer this time. He seems to select his shots better the last four of five games. His problems of shooting to short sometimes seem to be caused by fatigue not the kind of shot.

It's the early shot clock 3s that are my issue - he's taken less of them.  Taking a 3 in rhythm in the flow of the offense - he's been better at that.

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It's the early shot clock 3s that are my issue - he's taken less of them.  Taking a 3 in rhythm in the flow of the offense - he's been better at that.

Yeah it's amazing how just taking shots in the flow of things can help you improve.  A lot less head scratching this year with the 3's he's taking.

6 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

I'd rather him shoot than pass!  This year his shot is much better than his court vision

The most concern with Dennis coming into the season was his shooting -so far so good in the early going.

What he is struggling with at the moment is his natural instinct to score vs setting up his teammates and keeping everyone involved.  Off the bench he was all about getting it and go.  He is thinking the game more as opposed to playing off pure instinct.  He'll get there - he just has to find that happy medium and balance.

• Moderators
On 11/16/2016 at 6:49 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

The most concern with Dennis coming into the season was his shooting -so far so good in the early going.

What he is struggling with at the moment is his natural instinct to score vs setting up his teammates and keeping everyone involved.  Off the bench he was all about getting it and go.  He is thinking the game more as opposed to playing off pure instinct.  He'll get there - he just has to find that happy medium and balance.

Great on the 3's.  Not so good on the 2's.