• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Korver should not be a starter.

NiquesBiggestFan

I think he should for this team. As much as we hate it, him and Bazemore are our best two wings. Bembry and Prince have more talent but those two are two to three years away.

Truth is, Atlanta has to upgrade the wings. Especially without Horford who can do a lot of little things that we do not have a player for anymore. 

This team is lottery bound. They need the bench to consistently performance at an elite bench level to win games. That's not possible. Even Portland of the 2000, had bona-fide starting five to back having an elite bench. 

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I think he should for this team. As much as we hate it, him and Bazemore are our best two wings. Bembry and Prince have more talent but those two are two to three years away.

Truth is, Atlanta has to upgrade the wings. Especially without Horford who can do a lot of little things that we do not have a player for anymore. 

This team is lottery bound. They need the bench to consistently performance at an elite bench level to win games. That's not possible. Even Portland of the 2000, had bona-fide starting five to back having an elite bench. 

They'd still suck WITH Horford - just stop.

vor 6 Minuten, JayBirdHawk sagte:

They'd still suck WITH Horford - just stop.

I gotta admit supes is kinda right.

As much as Howard is of a rebounding force he isn't providing anything else. Horford however wasn't a rebounder but did everything else pretty good. You think that with Howard you'd score more inside and therefore you have more space for the outside shooters. But that's not the case. Howard simply has no postgame. He shoots as much airballs off the hook shot as he hits. Also by always staying in the paint. Millsap has no space inside to score from short range and has a rather bad fg from their consequently now. Due to this there's no space outside because we can't provide inside scoring. The all around fgs go down. We score less. Second problem is our shooters can't dribble to save their lives. However Horford came up for this in setting good screens. Neither Howard nor Millsap set good screens. They roll way too fast. Thats why we don't play efficient PnR, why Dennis and Korver look worse. 

The only thing speaking for Howard is that he gives us a favorable match up against Tristan Kardashian and the Cavs

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StephenHawking said:

I gotta admit supes is kinda right.

As much as Howard is of a rebounding force he isn't providing anything else. Horford however wasn't a rebounder but did everything else pretty good. You think that with Howard you'd score more inside and therefore you have more space for the outside shooters. But that's not the case. Howard simply has no postgame. He shoots as much airballs off the hook shot as he hits. Also by always staying in the paint. Millsap has no space inside to score from short range and has a rather bad fg from their consequently now. Due to this there's no space outside because we can't provide inside scoring. The all around fgs go down. We score less. Second problem is our shooters can't dribble to save their lives. However Horford came up for this in setting good screens. Neither Howard nor Millsap set good screens. They roll way too fast. Thats why we don't play efficient PnR, why Dennis and Korver look worse. 

The only thing speaking for Howard is that he gives us a favorable match up against Tristan Kardashian and the Cavs

This. You guys dislike I constantly been up Al but there is a reason he's the 2nd highest paid player in the NBA. 

With that said, we need for our bigs to do more. Ask for our wings to do more is stupid. They couldn't even consistently do what little in comparison to Sap and Al they had to do last year. 

We need Sap to play more like Horford or Howard to or we will lose a lot more games.

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

No mention of Thabo?  He's an obvious upgrade over either of them.

6 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

No mention of Thabo?  He's an obvious upgrade over either of them.

He sucks worse than  those two as a starter. His best role is off the bench. He doesn't have the stamina to play his style for extended minutes like Kyle and Kent does.

1 minute ago, StephenHawking said:

We would be immensely better if Howard and Sap could set a solid screen. 

I don't expect that but I do want them to move off the ball on offense.

Both tend to stand in place and it limits Bazemore to only backdoor cuts which is never available or Kyle to wasteful movement.

• Like 1

vor 1 Minute, NBASupes sagte:

I don't expect that

I gotta admit that I'm still new to basketball as a whole as I started following basketball and the Hawks with Dennis' Draft in 2013. Thats why I have a question due to your comment: 

Is it that difficult to set a useful screen? I mean you just gotta position yourself right and wait for the dribbling player to go around you. 

6 minutes ago, StephenHawking said:

I gotta admit that I'm still new to basketball as a whole as I started following basketball and the Hawks with Dennis' Draft in 2013. Thats why I have a question due to your comment: 

Is it that difficult to set a useful screen? I mean you just gotta position yourself right and wait for the dribbling player to go around you. 

Screens are not easy. They can create injuries, you have to understand timing, you have to communicate non verbally with the PnR handler, you have to understand the angle to take and see two moves in advanced, you have to be willing to sacrifice your body for multiple possessions. 

This may seem easy to a fan but to scouts, players, coaches and management, they know this takes skill. The more you can do with it, the better. Guys like Trevor Booker who is limited, can make life a lot easier for a PG. Obviously, the best ones have the best ability to also force the D to make a decision like Horford or Prime Tyson Chandler. 

Dwight is okay at it. His problem is, he's good for one or two good screens but for the most part, he's lazy and terrible at it. Just like Horford and rebounds, think Dwight  and screens. For such a screen heavy team, it's like a damn cancer since most of our players can't create their own offense.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They didn't suck this bad. They look horrible. The problem is, all of our wings look horrible starting but solid off the bench. 

Huh?

We started the season last year 7-1.   After that we went 5-7 to close out 2015 including 2 losses to the Twolves (one by 20 points), losses to Jazz and Nets, and total drubbings by the Spurs and Cavs.   For some reason Horford didn't save us. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Huh?

We started the season last year 7-1.   After that we went 5-7 to close out 2015 including 2 losses to the Twolves (one by 20 points), losses to Jazz and Nets, and total drubbings by the Spurs and Cavs.   For some reason Horford didn't save us. 

Jeff Teague was playing horrible to start last year.