• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So what's the difference, Al or Teague?

gsuteke

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Impressive although the assist numbers suck but that's probably because no one else on the floor can score. 

Just another C-Viv error.  Since Schröder had 8 assists in the last game, it is not possible to average 2.5 assists over the last two games.  Probably rebounds and assist numbers should be switched.

• Like 2

On December 1, 2016 at 11:22 AM, StephenHawking said:

Mostly it's missing Horford. He did everything needed to make our sub - average wings look special. We miss his screen setting on offense and his perimeter D on defense. Also he was able to at least partially adjust his game to the opposing big. In comparison you have Howard. Hes as one dimensional as it gets. Hes only inside the paint rebounding well. Thats about it. 

I don't see that big of a difference between teagues and dennis' game. Yes Dennis lacks vision and decision making sometimes and has to work on his shot (floater esp.). But he provides other things and I don't think his flaws influence the others as much as Howards.

Only Korver and Baze weren't that good last year either despite Horford being in the lineup. It kind of kills the argument.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Moderators

Through December 2 last year:

PG:  2015 Teague + Dennis > 2016 Dennis + Delaney - we miss the ability to play the hot hand between two talented but inconsistent points

SG:  A wash.  Both sucked nuts.  THJr's contribution this year offsets Kyle defensive decline which outweights his improved ytd shooting.

SF:  2015 Bazemore >>>> 2016 Bazemore  (only mitigated by depth at the position better this year)

PF:  2015 Sap > 2016 Sap (question here is whether this is just sample or if the fit will make this a down season for Sap)

C:  2016 Dwight + Musc = 2015 Horford + Splitter They contribute in different ways but I don't think we can say too much about which has been better yet.  No real separation.

• Like 2

On 12/1/2016 at 6:11 PM, AUhawksfan said:

As for Teague, I just miss him for depth reasons.  It was nice having 2 starting calibe PGs to throw at a team for a full 48 minutes.

This is the reason.  Teague and Schröder are about just as good.  Which meant we always had a starting quality PG on the floor.  Now we have Delaney which is a huge dropoff.

I'll take Howard over Horford all day.

Also, we need to bring Korver off the bench for 15-20 minutes per game.

• Like 2

Choosing Splitter over Walter Eddy Tavares or Ryan Kelly for that matter is the biggest difference. We had a swag dominance and competition in every area when we had Eddy. Sometimes it's the little things or in this case the Big things that count.

• Moderators

The problem with the Hawks is that Bud's scheme is space and pace, ball movement, and shooters, yet are roster is a bunch of playmakers. Schröder would rather get 25 points than 10 assists. For our offense to work, he needs to be Tony Parker, Steve Nash, or Jason Kidd, not Allen Iverson. Also, our best shooter is aged and our second best shooter is Thabo. IMHO, we don't have a single starting wing on this team. We have quality rotational guys, but no one like Thompson or Butler that can shoot the lights out.

The Hawks need to make a trade. Dwight and Sap are only two that are safe unless you believe Sap bolts this offseason. Problem being is that there isn't a guy on the block that would be worth trading for. We need starters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk