• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Assets or Untouchables?

BigDog90

Have been applying that mindset to the actual games myself though I don't know what you guys are talking about if its with that alternate reality league stuff or are you actually talking about humanoid Hawk's stuff again? Either way Hawks are my number one priority and LeBron and Warriors can lose lots of blood battling it out if we're not there. No need to mention the scourge in Boston.   

There isn't a single player I would be the least bit upset about if he was traded.  There isn't a current player who I really root for on this team either.  I mean I love Korver, but his time has come and gone.

• Premium Member
On 12/9/2016 at 4:27 PM, AHF said:

I read the OP the same but agree with Jay that no one is untouchable.  Offer up Durant, etc. and the management will drive anyone on our team to the airport. 

The finer point question is who on our roster our management values so much more than their actual value that they are practically untouchable (even if available 'for the right price').  Under that scenario I could see Korver fitting that revised definition where we would deal him but our asking price would be high enough that no deal is practically possible.

Untouchable by value are the following:

Dennis

Korver

Prince

If we were to make a trade, we have to get back just as good as we are giving up.  To that end, I think that Dennis by virtue of PPP, Korver because he's a 5 Million dollar 6th man/Starter and Prince becuase he has great potential are the three guys that we would hesitate to offer up.   There are.. however, some trades that I can see us going for with Dennis.  Even though he's PPP and he's our starting PG, I can see us trading him for a good Vet PG who we believe would run the offense better.  George Hill for Example. 

5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Untouchable by value are the following:

Dennis

Korver

Prince

If we were to make a trade, we have to get back just as good as we are giving up.  To that end, I think that Dennis by virtue of PPP, Korver because he's a 5 Million dollar 6th man/Starter and Prince becuase he has great potential are the three guys that we would hesitate to offer up.   There are.. however, some trades that I can see us going for with Dennis.  Even though he's PPP and he's our starting PG, I can see us trading him for a good Vet PG who we believe would run the offense better.  George Hill for Example. 

Then we should have just kept Teague and traded Dennis - this makes no sense. :ermm:

15 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Then we should have just kept Teague and traded Dennis - this makes no sense. :ermm:

Unless we hated Teague too lol. I dunno it's so hard with this team that's filled with vets across the starting lineup and roster in general but we have a super young pg. We kind of need to decide to either go young and flip our vets at some point or if we think we have a legit shot, I guess try and trade for a veteran pg or something.

26 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

There's no reason to reason with Diesel, he is always going to believe that if the Hawks had Teague, they'd be clicking big time already and be 17-7 or 18-6. He views Teague as an MVP caliber facilitator.

Let's go ahead and continue to dance around the real issue all afternoon long and it's that Baze and Kyle have to feed off of a big that is a willing passer... You can put James Harden on this team, heck....CP3 and nothing would change. You can tell Dennis that passing should be your first, second, and third options and Baze and Kyle would still be failing to perform even at a decent role player starter level.

Let's go ahead. Ignore the real issue. Ignore it while Kyle performs better with Howard not in with him, even if Dennis is still playing with him. It's a mistake!

Edited by Lurker