• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Assets or Untouchables?

BigDog90

I know in the past ATL overvalued Josh and Al which cost ATL opportunities to get a return before they let the Hawks in FA.

I wonder with this current team are there any untouchables or could any player be moved for the right deal?

I could imagine Korver is an untouchable.

Nope.  Hawks have no, and I repeat, no one player or group of players

that we "Just can't do without" if the offer is juicy enough.

There are a few teams, but not many, who would refuse to trade one of their

players, regardless of the offer.  Not us.

Perhaps some of our players would come with a high price.  Just don't make

the offer too sweet or you have yourself a deal !

• Like 2

I'd say none...anyone can get dealt. Personally I'd keep:

Dennis

Prince

Thabo

Sap (I love him but he's a FA in the summer).

Don't get me wrong though, I'd even give those guys up in the right deal. I'm like the Blazers and Sonics old GM Bob Whitsitt aka Trader Bob. I will trade anyone if the right deal comes along.

@BigDog90 I doubt Kyle is untouchable but I also doubt he can land you good value in return.

No bench player is untouchable.

We still need a wing so I could see us trading away Baze. Sap could be traded if they get the feeling they can't resign him.

I'd say Dennis and Dwight are the Untouchables at the moment because their loss would create new holes in the starting five and I don't see why they should be traded in position. If they want a total rebuild they could trade D8 too but even in this scenario there is no reason to trade Dennis.

So it seems I'll hang around here some more years :cool:

Edited by rd79
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, rd79 said:

I'd say Dennis and Dwight are the Untouchables at the moment because their loss would create new holes in the starting five and I don't see why they should be traded in position.

Believe we should add Prince in there as well because his trajectory is very high. Keep thinking about Pop and Buford drafting Kawhi Leonard based on Bud's exuberance over him. Bud gave up Jeff for this guy.

• Like 1

Only Dennis, for this year, primarily from BYC issues.  A team has to match his new salary while Atlanta can only take back his current salary.

For Prince I get the Kawhi/Hill comparisons but it took more guts to get rid of Hill for the Spurs than Teague for Hawks because they controlled Hill's contract and didn't have to worry about losing him altogether in a year.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Sothron said:

I think the OP is more asking who we think the TEAM considers untouchable. Not what WE would do.

Frankly I don't think they would trade Korver or Thabo. My worst fear is resigning both of them.

I think Korver will re sign for just about anything.   Thabo i would think we'd let go since Prince is right on his heels.  

28 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Believe we should add Prince in there as well because his trajectory is very high. Keep thinking about Pop and Buford drafting Kawhi Leonard based on Bud's exuberance over him. Bud gave up Jeff for this guy.

Did the Spurs trade George Hill for Kawhi? 

George Hill was a huge fan favorite in SA if I remember correctly. 

• Moderators
53 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I think the OP is more asking who we think the TEAM considers untouchable. Not what WE would do.

I read the OP the same but agree with Jay that no one is untouchable.  Offer up Durant, etc. and the management will drive anyone on our team to the airport. 

The finer point question is who on our roster our management values so much more than their actual value that they are practically untouchable (even if available 'for the right price').  Under that scenario I could see Korver fitting that revised definition where we would deal him but our asking price would be high enough that no deal is practically possible.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, capstone21 said:

no untouchables on this team ... anyone can be had for right price

Yes. Kind of how @AHF's football fantasy team players should have been treated this year.....

• Moderators
On 12/10/2016 at 11:00 AM, Spud2Nique said:

Yes. Kind of how @AHF's football fantasy team players should have been treated this year.....

It was not a good year given my top 3 WRs were:

2nd Round:  Keenan Allen (out for season)

3rd Round:  Sammy Watkins (out for most of season)

5th Round:  Donte Moncrief (out for most of season)

At least I still crawled into the playoffs.  D eliminated me so I'll be rooting for him against you in the semis next week.

:cheer:

37 minutes ago, AHF said:

It was not a good year given my top 3 WRs were:

2nd Round:  Keenan Allen (out for season)

3rd Round:  Sammy Watkins (out for most of season)

5th Round:  Donte Moncrief (out for most of season)

At least I still crawled into the playoffs.  D eliminated me so I'll be rooting for him against you in the semis next week.

:cheer:

Ya you did really well with all those injuries for sure. That Keenan Allen hit was the biggest by far in my opinion as he would have been a top 5 wideout.

Your gonna root for Diesel? Whyyyyyyyy? He just eliminated you! Oh I get it, it's like you want the team that got you to go all the way right?....riiiiight? Or is it just me. :-( lol

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Ya you did really well with all those injuries for sure. That Keenan Allen hit was the biggest by far in my opinion as he would have been a top 5 wideout.

Your gonna root for Diesel? Whyyyyyyyy? He just eliminated you! Oh I get it, it's like you want the team that got you to go all the way right?....riiiiight? Or is it just me. :-( lol

The team that got you but now that you mention it...

23 minutes ago, AHF said:

The team that got you but now that you mention it...

Deeeeeack! Lol just kidding I get it.

Although this brings up an interesting argument. Do you, as a Hawk fan, root for the team that beat us in the playoffs to go all the way, or would you want them eliminated. Let's say that team that knocks us out ISNT the Celts or Cavs.

I want that team to lose, whereas my gf doesn't understand why I wouldn't want that team to go all the way. I couldn't really explain it to her so I said.."what do u want I'm a hater lol".

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Deeeeeack! Lol just kidding I get it.

Although this brings up an interesting argument. Do you, as a Hawk fan, root for the team that beat us in the playoffs to go all the way, or would you want them eliminated. Let's say that team that knocks us out ISNT the Celts or Cavs.

I want that team to lose, whereas my gf doesn't understand why I wouldn't want that team to go all the way. I couldn't really explain it to her so I said.."what do u want I'm a hater lol".

Depends on the team and who they are facing.  Like if we get knocked out by Toronto in the ECF and they roll in to face GS then I'm rooting for the Raptors.  If those same Raptors roll on to face the Spurs, I am rooting for the boys in SA.  As you point out, difficult to come up with a scenario where I would ever root for Boston or LeBron's latest superteam but I can likewise dig up some hate for other teams as well which can influence that call.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AHF said:

Depends on the team and who they are facing.  Like if we get knocked out by Toronto in the ECF and they roll in to face GS then I'm rooting for the Raptors.  If those same Raptors roll on to face the Spurs, I am rooting for the boys in SA.  As you point out, difficult to come up with a scenario where I would ever root for Boston or LeBron's latest superteam but I can likewise dig up some hate for other teams as well which can influence that call.

Agreed I think it's the opponent but I'm always pretty upset with the team that knocks out the Hawks.