• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would knocking CLE out in the playoffs be a success.

LamarHampton

• Premium Member

What I can say is that it's definitely possible for us to knock out the Cavs and not have enough firepower to contend with the Warriors ... if it went down that way.  AND if we did, we'd be the new villains of the NBA because everybody wants the superpowers rematch.  I would be happy to play spoiler.   However, I think it works best if we knock them out on our way to the finals.   For once, we would get the limelight... even if it's bad press. 

• Like 2

Playing good defense on the chosen ones does seem to be be considered villainous by ESPN I guess because of the fewer highlight reel moments. Game ending defensive rebounds don't really make their news. Would be nice not to have LeBron versus the Warriors in the finals for a third year in a row and if we can have anything to cause a disruption to that I believe its good for the game itself, not necessarily revenues. Its too monotone on who is going to be there right now.  

• Like 2

Right now, with the Hawks, beating any NBA team at any time

must be considered a success.

Yes, any team that could knock King James and his merrymen

out of the playoffs would be a huge success.  But, it ain't happening.

He's too good and he gets too many close calls (and some not so close)

that goes his way because of who he is.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Yes, any team that could knock King James and his merrymen

out of the playoffs would be a huge success.  But, it ain't happening.

He's too good and he gets too many close calls (and some not so close)

that goes his way because of who he is.

Same old MJ rules in that whoever sales the most shoes, jerseys, other stuff and of course tickets gets an ever so slight edge (being extraordinarily polite here) in the unbiased world of NBA reffing. Just ask Utah about MJ and Sactown about Kobe. Capitalism at its best/worst or anything in between. 

• Like 1