• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is this what the Hawks are?

Alex

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, kg01 said:

My goodness.  I'm not even that big a Howard fan but even I'm starting to feel bad for the guy.  It's like Hitler, Stalin, Dwight Howard.

HOU fans are saying his exit is what's spurred their resurgence.  Nevermind the new coaching staff and commitment from management, etc.

Now Hawks fans look to blame him for issues we've had for multiple seasons prior to his arrival.

Clearly most people have made up their minds about the guy and are just trying to make the narrative fit at this point.

#AgendaSquawkStrikes ....

Yes.   The Rockets resurgence was spurred by the exit of one of the guys in this picture.   Hint: It was the guy who wasn't a team leader the year before when the Rockets went to the WCF.

j.b.-bickerstaff.jpg

• Like 1

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, StephenHawking said:

As SOTHRON already said people miss the bigger picture. 

Its a chain of reactions. People see the bad play of the wings. specifically their fg%. The reason for this is Howard failing to set a solid screen or being a good passer. 

People also see our horrific d. The reason for this is Howard being bad at trapping, PnR and PnP defense. Kyle being to old and slow and Milsap sagging into the paint. 

But the bigger picture is that the ultimate reason for both issues are Bud and the other coaches. 

The lack of adjustments are the problem.

1.: We should've made trades for wings in favor of Howard. Our wings can't simply play to their strengths. They are spot up shooters and cant create.

2.:Bud plays the same defensive scheme even though we now have the contradictory d player to Horf. There's no way it'll work that way. Stop trapping. Force them into the paint. Defend the 3. 

I can see that we still have to figure out how to get it done with our wings with wrong skillsets. It looks like KK tries to take 2 dribbles and fake more often and Baze trying to penetrate and dish even though I'm not sure that this'll work out.

I hope Bud will adjust on d sooner than later. It has to be done. 

I so completely disagree with so much of this. Blaming Dwight Howard because our wings are missing wide open shots is simply insane. You are hating on Howard and the agenda is showing.

Dwight is not bad at PnR defense. I've pointed this out to you before. Opposing teams are not even HAVING TO isolate him on the perimeter. They just blow past our wing defenders or not having our players switch out well and get a hand in the face leads to wide open outside shots.

None of that is on Dwight. Dwight gets to set up on the inside and block shots and rebound. He is crushing that. Our wing players are so bad defensively teams don't even HAVE TO try and switch with Dwight.

We have other problems as well. Millsap and Moose are just not trying hard enough on defense. Horford is not here to help them out with weak side help or chasing up into a guy for a quick double team/trap. Howard is simply not capable of that.

I DO agree with you about changing our defensive schemes. We need to chase people out to the three point line. Put hands in faces. Force them to come inside where Dwight can get blocks. He still moves at a very good level inside the paint to deflect/influence shots.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, kg01 said:

My goodness.  I'm not even that big a Howard fan but even I'm starting to feel bad for the guy.  It's like Hitler, Stalin, Dwight Howard.

HOU fans are saying his exit is what's spurred their resurgence.  Nevermind the new coaching staff and commitment from management, etc.

Now Hawks fans look to blame him for issues we've had for multiple seasons prior to his arrival.

Clearly most people have made up their minds about the guy and are just trying to make the narrative fit at this point.

#AgendaSquawkStrikes ....

Honestly I am getting sick of it. Dwight is having an All Star season, same as Dennis I might add and instead of getting praise they are by far the most hated Hawks. It literally makes no sense whatsoever. We got guys bumming it up or just flat out done (see: Kyle Korver) who get ZERO heat.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Yes.   The Rockets resurgence was spurred by the exit of one of the guys in this picture.   Hint: It was the guy who wasn't a team leader the year before when the Rockets went to the WCF.

j.b.-bickerstaff.jpg

Ooh, ooh can I play!?  Is it the guy who, if his last name was Rogers instead of Bickerstaff, he wouldn't ever sniff the coaching bench much less be named interim HC?

Whaddo I win?

Acceptance speech prepared: "Yes, I wanna thank my momma and jeebus.  Shout out to tha homies in tha cul de sac."

18 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Honestly I am getting sick of it. Dwight is having an All Star season, same as Dennis I might add and instead of getting praise they are by far the most hated Hawks. It literally makes no sense whatsoever. We got guys bumming it up or just flat out done (see: Kyle Korver) who get ZERO heat.

I'm amazed our wangs aren't getting more heat.  Teams are like, uh do I craft some elaborate scheme to attack the Hawks defense or do I just give the ball to an average ballhandler and let him just blow past Kyle/Kint to totally break down their D and create open shots?  Hmmmm

BLAME DENNIS/DWIGHT tho!

5 hours ago, AHF said:

Please.  The numbers show our wings get among the most wide open shots in the entire league and suck badly at shooting them.  That isn't on Howard.  In fact, we saw that last year.  I bitched repeatedly about THJr's bad jumper last year, Bazemore's broken J the second half of the season, Thabo (well, he has never shot particularly well so I don't complain about that), etc.  It isn't a Howard issue.  These guys are just not very good shooters and they get out of control at times (well, again that doesn't really fit Thabo).  I don't credit Dwight for THJr's greatly improved 2pt shooting this season - he just has shot the ball better from that range.  I don't blame Dwight for the bricked 3's either.  

Can Dwight improve his passing and screening?  A definite yes on the screening.  Passing I'm not holding my breath.  But our wings have sucked on even the most basic shot - the open jumper - and that is nobodies fault but their own.

Our wings were a liability last year with Horford and they are one again with Howard.  It isn't the fault of either big man.

Most people seem to want to forget this part - we lead the league in wide open shots last season - just ended up bricking them.

It was a problem last year, it's a problem this year - that's not on Dwight.

I just want to make clear that Im not "blaming" Dwight. Im just saying that he is what he is and people shouldnt expect to much from him. That we need more talent and better chemsitry all together. Im a great fan of his rebounding and easy buckets and I enjoy that each game, fully knowing how we lacked that previous years. Yes, I actually enjoy each and any Dwight rebound. As much as the FT's going in..

Edited by DS17Fanboy

vor 5 Stunden, Sothron sagte:

I so completely disagree with so much of this. Blaming Dwight Howard because our wings are missing wide open shots is simply insane. You are hating on Howard and the agenda is showing.

Dwight is not bad at PnR defense. I've pointed this out to you before. Opposing teams are not even HAVING TO isolate him on the perimeter. They just blow past our wing defenders or not having our players switch out well and get a hand in the face leads to wide open outside shots.

None of that is on Dwight. Dwight gets to set up on the inside and block shots and rebound. He is crushing that. Our wing players are so bad defensively teams don't even HAVE TO try and switch with Dwight.

We have other problems as well. Millsap and Moose are just not trying hard enough on defense. Horford is not here to help them out with weak side help or chasing up into a guy for a quick double team/trap. Howard is simply not capable of that.

I DO agree with you about changing our defensive schemes. We need to chase people out to the three point line. Put hands in faces. Force them to come inside where Dwight can get blocks. He still moves at a very good level inside the paint to deflect/influence shots.

The problem with all of you is that you simply can't read. Really. 

How can you see a Howard-Agenda in any of this when I pointed out that Bud is the issue. Its a Bud - Agenda.

Howard is a great player in the wrong system. Its on Bud to adjust. I'll stay with my narrative. And we all can see in front of our eyes what opens up the shooters PnR play btw Ds17 and Sap and driving and dishing. Last year PnR was Horfords thing. This year it should've been Howard. But that's not his game and I'm very pleased that bud at least made this adjustment throughout the stretch of bad games.

Still Bud has to made adjustments that's what holding us back from being the 3-5 seed in the east. 

• Like 1

vor 5 Stunden, kg01 sagte:

I'm amazed our wangs aren't getting more heat.  Teams are like, uh do I craft some elaborate scheme to attack the Hawks defense or do I just give the ball to an average ballhandler and let him just blow past Kyle/Kint to totally break down their D and create open shots?  Hmmmm

BLAME DENNIS/DWIGHT tho!

I think everybody knows that they are plain awful in most games. I personally don't get at them anymore because I'm done with both of them. I also know that they simply aren't capable of constantly good play. They are what they are.

1 hour ago, StephenHawking said:

How can you see a Howard-Agenda in any of this when I pointed out that Bud is the issue. Its a Bud - Agenda.

Howard is a great player in the wrong system. Its on Bud to adjust. I'll stay with my narrative. And we all can see in front of our eyes what opens up the shooters PnR play btw Ds17 and Sap and driving and dishing. Last year PnR was Horfords thing. This year it should've been Howard. But that's not his game and I'm very pleased that bud at least made this adjustment throughout the stretch of bad games.

Still Bud has to made adjustments that's what holding us back from being the 3-5 seed in the east. 

We played PnP with Horford, he rarely rolled to the basket. His midrange shot was money. What he started doing more of was PnP and floating to the 3pt line.

We are playing sone PnR with Dwight, the difficulty is teams are really focused on guarding it and doubling Dwight a lot off of it which has lead to turnovers from trying to force the issue. He's not a great passer from the PnR if the easy score is unavailable. So sometimes it's a bad shot or turnover.

The PnR with Millsap and Dennis works better because Millsap is versatile enough to step out and shoot it, roll to the basket for a score or make the right pass.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, StephenHawking said:

You specifically spent most of all of our posts blaming Dwight Howard for everything. I'm sure he's the cause for climate change too. When myself and others point out that our wings are HORRIBLE and missed wide open shots LAST SEASON when Dwight was NOT here...you say nothing.

But I have the reading problem.

I do agree Bud needs to change up some of his sets and plans. Absolutely agree with that.

vor 11 Minuten, Sothron sagte:

You specifically spent most of all of our posts blaming Dwight Howard for everything. I'm sure he's the cause for climate change too. When myself and others point out that our wings are HORRIBLE and missed wide open shots LAST SEASON when Dwight was NOT here...you say nothing.

But I have the reading problem.

I do agree Bud needs to change up some of his sets and plans. Absolutely agree with that.

Without looking into the stats I'm pretty sure the both play worse than last season. Because now they have two issues instead of one. Last season the couldn't make many open shots. This year they get less open shots and still don't make many and consequently have to create which they simply can't.

& yes I see Howard as the reason for some problems. Not because of Howard playing bad but because of Bud missing to adjust the schemes to the new C 

• Moderators
On 12/21/2016 at 0:04 PM, kg01 said:

Ooh, ooh can I play!?  Is it the guy who, if his last name was Rogers instead of Bickerstaff, he wouldn't ever sniff the coaching bench much less be named interim HC?

Whaddo I win?

Acceptance speech prepared: "Yes, I wanna thank my momma and jeebus.  Shout out to tha homies in tha cul de sac."

enhanced-11271-1442332034-3.png

• Like 1