• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

3 games out of 2nd in East

2 hours ago, StephenHawking said:

Lol lets see how long it takes till we yet again scream trade sap :D damn you rollercoaster hawks. 

You shut your filthy keyboard, StephenHawking!

• Moderators

I just can't handle a trade of Sap.  Seriously.   Al leaving was tough but my anger with the way he walked helped that.   I didn't want to see Teague go but knew it had to be done.   I understand the Kyle situation but still think sending out to the Cavs is a huge mistake.   But Sap for garbage and some picks will be too much.    

Think about watching Dennis try to score on every play not just 50% of them and think about Dwight just milling about the lane while chuckers just throw up shots and miss.   It's too much for a fan to bear.   

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I just can't handle a trade of Sap.  Seriously.   Al leaving was tough but my anger with the way he walked helped that.   I didn't want to see Teague go but knew it had to be done.   I understand the Kyle situation but still think sending out to the Cavs is a huge mistake.   But Sap for garbage and some picks will be too much.    

Think about watching Dennis try to score on every play not just 50% of them and think about Dwight just milling about the lane while chuckers just throw up shots and miss.   It's too much for a fan to bear.   

Well, imagine paying Sap $35mil per year.  Imagine paying him $47mil as a 37 year-old.  Problem solved?

16 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I honestly don't believe it will take that to keep him.  

20 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Well, imagine paying Sap $35mil per year.  Imagine paying him $47mil as a 37 year-old.  Problem solved?

Imagine having all this cap space and a broken team. It's not my money I want our FO to pay players to stay here and at least attempt to mount something capable of being competitive.

• Like 3

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, swanlee said:

Imagine having all this cap space and a broken team. It's not my money I want our FO to pay players to stay here and at least attempt to mount something capable of being competitive.

Exactly.   What's our team look like without Sap the the next two years?   We don't have a real NBA quality starting PF on the whole roster right now.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Exactly.   What's our team look like without Sap the the next two years?   We don't have a real NBA quality starting PF on the whole roster right now.   

Yep we should try and keep our core players while building around them. Sap is our most talented core player

Just now, macdaddy said:

All I'm saying is that we're seeing a net talent loss.   Top 4 teams in the east besides the Hawks will now all feature a former Hawks All-star or starter.   That's f'd up.   

Yea I'm tired of helping our opponents. At least trade out of the conference. At this point I'd rather have SAP walk next year then trade him this year in our conference and get draft picks that never pan out. At least we'd still be competitive this year while he is still here.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I honestly don't believe it will take that to keep him.  

You could be right.  I honestly think a 2-year max will be enough.  Question is, do we pay that?  We're aiight as a team with him as our headliner, but we're not winning a title or are even close to it.

You really ok with that?  There are alternative strategies.

21 minutes ago, swanlee said:

I guess what I'm saying is, trading Sap is not necessarily tantamount to us throwing in the towel.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

You could be right.  I honestly think a 2-year max will be enough.  Question is, do we pay that?  We're aiight as a team with him as our headliner, but we're not winning a title or are even close to it.

You really ok with that?  There are alternative strategies.

I guess what I'm saying is, trading Sap is not necessarily tantamount to us throwing in the towel.

Well I can agree there.   If we actually bring talent back in trade.   But we haven't done that in forever.   I can't remember a trade where we weren't dumping talent for picks or money.   So it's hard to imagine getting good assets for Sap.   The one actual sourced rumor we heard was we were looking for a 'quality' 1st rounder for Sap.   To me that means rebuild.  Serious rebuild, because you're talking about 1st round picks that are 1-3 years away and then they have to develop.   What are we doing in the meantime and why do we even have Dwight on the team?    

And if we trade Sap and don't bring back a real PF then we're talking about Moose starting.   I've got nothing bad to say about Moose but seriously Baze/Thabo/Moose as our 2-4?   That's throwing in the towel.   No offense to any of those guys.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Well I can agree there.   If we actually bring talent back in trade.   But we haven't done that in forever.   I can't remember a trade where we weren't dumping talent for picks or money.   So it's hard to imagine getting good assets for Sap.   The one actual sourced rumor we heard was we were looking for a 'quality' 1st rounder for Sap.   To me that means rebuild.  Serious rebuild, because you're talking about 1st round picks that are 1-3 years away and then they have to develop.   What are we doing in the meantime and why do we even have Dwight on the team?    

And if we trade Sap and don't bring back a real PF then we're talking about Moose starting.   I've got nothing bad to say about Moose but seriously Baze/Thabo/Moose as our 2-4?   That's throwing in the towel.   No offense to any of those guys.   

I'm no hawksfanatic, but I don't think we can trade Sap for just a 1st.  It'd be for a 1st + a young vet that can help us stay competitive.  That's my opinion, anyways.

I think your trepidation is unwarranted.  Trust me, macd.  Have I ever steered you wrong?

6 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

Not my money. I would still want him in the team.

But, in a cap-driven league, what we pay one player can directly impact what kind of team we have.  Therefore, despite the fact that it's not your money, you still have to consider it.