• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Paul Millsap: Hawks said I won't be dealt before trade deadline

GameTime

2 hours ago, pimp said:

If they want to win big , then they need to move Splitter ,Baze , and Scott , and bring in some guys that can help us compete.
Let Splitter come back and play 1 game so teams can see that he's healthy, then trade him before he gets hurt again.

I like the way this guy thinks. Good call @pimp.

Hell, even if we have to pull a Weekend at Bernie's with Splitter, let's give it a whirl to try and get some takers.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, pimp said:

If they want to win big , then they need to move Splitter ,Baze , and Scott , and bring in some guys that can help us compete.
Let Splitter come back and play 1 game so teams can see that he's healthy, then trade him before he gets hurt again.

Lol...literally this! Most teams audition players for a few weeks or a month..Splitter..1 game lol

• Premium Member

I'd rather keep Millsap than most of those offers. I don't see how the Hawks could trade him after Paul has come out and said to the public the team said they won't trade me. If the Hawks wanted to own that conversation they would have already said we didn't say that to him to the media.

• Like 1

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, terrellgroup said:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2686279-nba-trade-deadline-2017-10-early-predictions/page/4

i still feel Milsap will be traded , once I read this article , I now know, I am not alone.

The logic in the article is pretty suspect though.   They are saying that the Hawks are just saying 'up the ante' and the postulate that the Raps will only be willing to give " Millsap helps them make the most of it—provided he doesn't cost more than Terrence Ross, a pick and filler. "

Not sure that will get it done but what do i know.   I see no way that Denver or Portland trades for a guy who's going to walk at the end of the year.   What good would that do them?   

4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I'd rather keep Millsap than most of those offers. I don't see how the Hawks could trade him after Paul has come out and said to the public the team said they won't trade me. If the Hawks wanted to own that conversation they would have already said we didn't say that to him to the media.

Why would you trust what Sap or the Hawks organization say when you can trust Bleacher Report?  Rookie moov, Soth.

• Premium Member
Just now, Ropadope said:

I really like Allen Crabbe (44% from 3) but what else would Portland have to offer that would interest the Hawks? Aminu? His offense is putrid. How does a PF shoot 35%??

I've always liked Myers Leonard. My wife is a University of Illinois grad so we watch a lot of their games. He has range and size. He used to have a good post up in college as well.  I'd def consider Crabbe and Leonard and a first from them. Crabbe is a good wing player, the Nets tried to RFA this past offseason.

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I've always liked Myers Leonard. My wife is a University of Illinois grad so we watch a lot of their games. He has range and size. He used to have a good post up in college as well.  I'd def consider Crabbe and Leonard and a first from them. Crabbe is a good wing player, the Nets tried to RFA this past offseason.

But he would be a backup C? Leonard would not be on the court the same time as D8. We need a serviceable stretch 4 to play with Howard.

Edited by Ropadope

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Whu?

Miles Linnid (as Nique calls him) is an awful basketball player.  Awful.  Don't tell your wife I said that, but it's true.  Crabbe is only slightly better than Skip and he's on a worse deal.

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Whu?

Miles Linnid (as Nique calls him) is an awful basketball player.  Awful.  Don't tell your wife I said that, but it's true.  Crabbe is only slightly better than Skip and he's on a worse deal.

Crabbe is a legit shooter. Baze < 30% from 3....Crabbe > 43% from 3

As a matter of fact, Crabbe has been shooting at over 50% clip from 3 since December began.

Edited by Ropadope

2 minutes ago, Ropadope said:

Crabbe is a legit shooter. Baze < 30% from 3....Crabbe > 43% from 3

You're not wrong, however, POR desperately wants to trade him as badly as some of us want to jettison Skip.  

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Ropadope said:

But he would be a backup C? Leonard would not be on the court the same time as D8. We need a serviceable stretch 4 to play with Howard.

He can play stretch 4, he's slimmed down since college. He started falling in love with hitting threes and he can hit them. He also can block shots. He was really trending up. He isn't playing as effectively esp. on defense this season but I think that is fixable.

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Whu?

No, that is simply plebe talk there buddy. Myers can play. He just should get back to more dirty work inside and less wanting to live on the outside. Crabbe is a good player, really surprised you don't like him. I thought the Nets were smart as hell to go after him as a RFA. He can hit from 3 and plays excellent defense.