• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Gary Neal aka "El Dookie"

willthepureshooter

Looks like the Neal experiment may be coming to an end.  Hawks looking at other PGs.

Perth Wildcats star Bryce Cotton has committed to remaining with the club for the rest of the season after a rejecting a 10-day contract from the Atlanta Hawks. Cotton was given the chance to spend a short time in the NBA but with the NBL season reaching the business end, will remain in Perth.

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Looks like the Neal experiment may be coming to an end.  Hawks looking at other PGs.

Perth Wildcats star Bryce Cotton has committed to remaining with the club for the rest of the season after a rejecting a 10-day contract from the Atlanta Hawks. Cotton was given the chance to spend a short time in the NBA but with the NBL season reaching the business end, will remain in Perth.

Hmmm...I'm fine with it as Neal couldn't show us his potential, whether from lack of minutes or defensive liability I'm not sure. I guess in the few minutes that I saw him play I'd give his performance a C- at best. Hope we can land a good pg...no offense to Cotton but damn can we get in on a dude with some kind of track record. Where the hell is my boy Jarrett Jack?

11 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Isn't it time to bring Lou Williams home yet?

I love Lou and think he's great but I'm half with you on this and half with capstone...I hate his size..more than likely in the playoffs, a team will scheme against his height and try and shut him down. I also don't love his defense. But offensively, id say Lou, Craw and Flip were my favorite put it in the hole guys outside of @kg01...:-|

(I allllmost made a normal post..:-()

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I love Lou and think he's great but I'm half with you on this and half with capstone...I hate his size..more than likely in the playoffs, a team will scheme against his height and try and shut him down. I also don't love his defense. But offensively, id say Lou, Craw and Flip were my favorite put it in the hole guys outside of @kg01...:-|

(I allllmost made a normal post..:-()

I agree on the D but for limited minutes off the bench he may provide some scoring punch.   I think he's a better defender than crawford.   Flip can probably still score as good as anyone we have.   

• Moderators
On 1/21/2017 at 11:09 AM, willthepureshooter said:

Watching Gary Neal hoist up bricks last night made seriously question Buds end game. Neal looks out of shape and has no lift on his jumpshot. He's freaking old Bud! I rather us bring back Lamar instead. He's doing well in the D-League this year. Only Bud smh.

@willthepuregm

~lw3

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Lou is perfect, imo, for the role we need, also imo. But I don't see LAL letting him go until the deadline in what amounts to an eBay auction... and his $7m sticker price is just enough to make it difficult to get him given the assets and contracts in our stable.

Personally, I'd go with.... welllllll... you know who I'd go with....

But alas, Stein's been hot lately on his Hawks wiretap, so maybe Lamar's coming back.

Rather have him than Neal, but I still say the bigger need is to find a scorer who is also quick enough to guard other PGs so that you can conserve some of these minutes that currently are loaded on two PGs.

5 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

@willthepuregm

~lw3

Haha! @willthepuregm. I guess I know a little bit about the game of b-ball, but lets not get too carried away. 

But in regards to Lamar, he's playing really loose in the D-League and its working. He's playing a lot with the ball in his hands. I think we let him go too soon, and there's a lot more to his game than we've seen. I hope we bring him back for the remainder of the season.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Is this Duane's son?

Middle name is Duane, but no, I looked into that a few days ago and I think his dad's name is Kevin... no one writing about him even indicates there's some relation.