• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks are not interested in making a major deadline trade

BigDog90

You can't say we were asking him to do too much, if we asked him to do what got him to the All-star game.   and when he couldn't do it we sent him packing.  Sorry we don't have Lebron.   If this is what you are arguing I misunderstood.  I give on that mentality.  I can't go around this merry go round again.  We don't have one the top 5 players in the league.  So yeah guys are going to have a tougher time.  

giphy.gif

• Moderators

On Kyle the issue is simple from my perspective.  Give him space and he can score.  Place him with other perimeter shooters and he has more space.  Let opponents focus on him and you shut him down.

In 2014-15, he had space until the playoffs and just killed it.  Teams saw how tight marking shut him down and adjusted.  Thereafter guys sold out to stay with him and he had to take some tougher shots or simply not shoot nearly as much.  This was because he didn't have the space and we couldn't create it (without other real threats on the perimeter there was no reason for a defender to leave him for fear that another shooter would get a good look if Kyle's defender sold out to stay with him).

Now playing for Cleveland people aren't focusing so closely on him anymore and he has space again.  Guess what?  His TS% is literally the exact same for 2014-15 and this season for Cleveland:  .699%.  

I don't think Kyle was pressed to do too much for us it was more a matter of teams taking away what works for him because we didn't have the other threats on the floor to punish them for marking him so closely.  Someone like Baze on the other hand clearly feels he is responsible for passing and penetration that he isn't capable of.  My $.02.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, AHF said:

On Kyle the issue is simple from my perspective.  Give him space and he can score.  Place him with other perimeter shooters and he has more space.  Let opponents focus on him and you shut him down.

In 2014-15, he had space until the playoffs and just killed it.  Teams saw how tight marking shut him down and adjusted.  Thereafter guys sold out to stay with him and he had to take some tougher shots or simply not shoot nearly as much.  This was because he didn't have the space and we couldn't create it (without other real threats on the perimeter there was no reason for a defender to leave him for fear that another shooter would get a good look if Kyle's defender sold out to stay with him).

Now playing for Cleveland people aren't focusing so closely on him anymore and he has space again.  Guess what?  His TS% is literally the exact same for 2014-15 and this season for Cleveland:  .699%.  

I don't think Kyle was pressed to do too much for us it was more a matter of teams taking away what works for him because we didn't have the other threats on the floor to punish them for marking him so closely.  Someone like Baze on the other hand clearly feels he is responsible for passing and penetration that he isn't capable of.  My $.02.

But, is that Bud asking Kent to do those things?  I  don't think so.  He wasn't asked to do all that before and we paid him for what he had done for us.   Now maybe I'm wrong, but I think Kent is asked to play the JYD role.  He chooses to do the other facets of his game that may or may not work.   Bud has him bring the ball up and isolate like 5% of the game.  And only in a pinch.

• Moderators
58 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

But, is that Bud asking Kent to do those things?  I  don't think so.  He wasn't asked to do all that before and we paid him for what he had done for us.   Now maybe I'm wrong, but I think Kent is asked to play the JYD role.  He chooses to do the other facets of his game that may or may not work.   Bud has him bring the ball up and isolate like 5% of the game.  And only in a pinch.

I think having two wings who can't dribble, shoot from the perimeter or pass the ball particularly well (Thabo and Baze) forces a lot of people to do unnatural things on the court.  

(Real point and softball to kg and spud),

• Like 3

16 hours ago, AHF said:

I think having two wings who can't dribble, shoot from the perimeter or pass the ball particularly well (Thabo and Baze) forces a lot of people to do unnatural things on the court.  

(Real point and softball to kg and spud),

Unnatural things on the court?  Exhibit A:

The dip