• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks are not interested in making a major deadline trade

BigDog90

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Ekyo said:

not so much because of this season. The question is rather what will happen in the off season when they do not act now.

Exactly.   There is opportunity to bring in pieces for next year.   Our chances this summer of doing anything but re signing Sap and Tim are pretty slim.   So nothing at the deadline means we have basically the same team next year.  

3 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

Really hope this is just posturing to better position themselves for a trade.  Going to be really disappointed if they do nothing at the deadline. 

Yeah because I'm like if think Millsap going to stay with the team just because they didn't trade him, that's dumb.

I would think ATL got to show him something besides selling him on the potential of Dennis and Hardaway getting better to show he can win a title in ATL if he stays.

He doesn't have time to wait especially when he's going to NO next week and going to be around superstars who would want him on their team.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ISOJOE said:

Portland sends Mason Plumlee a 2018 second round pick for Nurkic and a 2017 first-rounder (via Memphis), league sources tell @TheVertical

Why didn't we offer Muscala+secondrounder for nurkic?

Because Moose kinda sucks. Plumlee is what I wish Moose was.

14 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If Muscala's gonna absolutely SUCK defending/reboarding, why not just trade him for a JAG like Bogdonavich.  At least he can drain 3's at a decent clip.

I would weigh in on your Plumlee assessment but I can't tell them dudes apart.

4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Why not just keep playing Hump instead of Moose.

That's the million dollar question, macd!  Especially considering Hump is good depth and is a free agent to be IIRC.  Keep him happy-ish.

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

That's the million dollar question, macd!  Especially considering Hump is good depth and is a free agent to be IIRC.  Keep him happy-ish.

I mean he's shooting 38% from 3 and his per36 is 14/10.   Not sure what else he has to do to get more minutes. 

• Like 1

Been like this the whole year minus a handful of games early season. Kris way outplays Moose and can help in the paint defensively whereas Moose gets whipped by his own shadow in the paint. We all know that Moose should never see minutes at center and as few as possible at pf, well all of us but our head coach.

vor 16 Stunden, JayBirdHawk sagte:

Did you realize that DEN added a Firstroundpick that will be in the 20 range? moose > giving up a Firstroundpick + Plumlee. Plumlee won't be cheap in the summer. 

Edited by ISOJOE

• Premium Member

Yeah I think Denver made a mistake. Nurkic is a hoss in the making. They needed a better PF to put with Jokic but that's not Plumlee. He is not a bad player but he's pretty much a center. Jokic can't play PF.

Denver gave up a lot for Plumlee and he might just be a half season rental.

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Yeah I think Denver made a mistake. Nurkic is a hoss in the making. They needed a better PF to put with Jokic but that's not Plumlee. He is not a bad player but he's pretty much a center. Jokic can't play PF.

Denver gave up a lot for Plumlee and he might just be a half season rental.

Yeah, this was a bad moov for DEN.  Probably panicked when they saw Howard bullying Jokic and figured since he's a weak-ish C, maybe he's a PF.  I disagree.  He's a 4 like wHorford's a 4.  Sure he could play 4 but his primary effectiveness is as a skilled-5.   JMEO.

This is why I want us to trade with ORL or PHX.  Bad, possibly soon-to-be-fired GM's make mistakes/reaches.  ORL's GM seat is somewhere between volcanic lava and the surface of the sun in terms of heat.