• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jose Calderon Hawks prime target for PG search

GameTime

Just now, Spud2Nique said:

Riiiiiiiicccooolllaaa...I mean ummmm...Luiiiisssssss Scooooolllaaa...:-|

IMG_9059.PNG

IMG_9060.JPG

IMG_9061.JPG

Oh das skrong, Spud2.  You got your pre-Calfs game-face on early.

That's obviously Mace.  The scarf and dbag Nor'easter shades gave him away.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Goudelock isn't really a true PG, but we have to realize that Euroleague assist rules are quite a bit different than American assist rules. I think in Euroleague an assist only comes when the guy shoots immediately after catching the ball from someone else. You can't put the ball down, not even just once/twice. If you do it's not an assist.

He can play PG but he's more of a shooting PG....which most PGs are today anyway.

This is how I've always understood it, as well.

To me, it comes down to this decision gauntlet...

First, who gives you the most-est between offense and defense? If no one stands out, then...

Second, of those who stand tallest in that first criterion, is there a player who is so familiar with the system that Bud runs (which mainly means past experience on our, SAS, UTA, or BRK rosters) that he can pick right up and be plugged-in right away. And if there's no one who stands out in that way, then...

Third, who brings significant experience to the court, and conceivably even can help mentor your current PGs a little over these last months of the season?

So, yeah, Calderon seems to be the natural choice, whether on the first or the third points.