• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jose Calderon Hawks prime target for PG search

GameTime

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Are you pulling a 'Supes' :laugh:

Of course, pulling a Supes at this point seemingly should have a positive connotation, right?... unless, on the other hand, you're referring to the Hawks inability to get to a "yes" on a deal that Supes' contact reveals.

• Premium Member
59 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

I got word from my connect the pg we pick up is going to be a surprise. Better than Calderon apparently

Unless it's Fredette, it would almost have to be someone who we didn't know has a buy-out in his overseas contract. Shane Larkin just got a MVP for February in his league. Andrew Goudelock is someone else who has distinguished himself overseas, and has twice played beside Dwight (in LA, and more recently in HOU), but has yet to stick in the NBA.

"Better than Calderon," of course is going to be a matter of perspective, regardless.

1 hour ago, sturt said:

Of course, pulling a Supes at this point seemingly should have a positive connotation, right?... unless, on the other hand, you're referring to the Hawks inability to get to a "yes" on a deal that Supes' contact reveals.

LOL, I wish we got him like all of ya'll. My contact can't force a team to trade their player regardless of our offer. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Not likely. It's been reported for a fact that his contract with CSKA ends July 1. Then again, who knows if he has some opt-out clause of some sort. But as recently as this week, the Nets were said to be ready to target him this summer.

• Premium Member

I really doubt that very many of these guys can opt out of their Europe contracts just based on past history. But if there's one player who maybe we should be rooting for, it might be this Georgia native....

2017-03-02_2324.png

Watch this, and you might be like me and come away with the thought, "This guy might be a chucker"... simultaneously as memories of Downtown Freddy Brown and World B. Free flood your brain...

In my brief reading, it seems that Teodosic and this guy are considered the top 2 PGs in the league.

Hey guys, can we all get together and execute an intervention on @sturt so he can stop touting these DelaneySucks clones?  It's for his own good, y'all.

Andrew Goudelock is a middle-class man's DelaneySucks.  EZ Pass Lane, bro.

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, sturt said:

I really doubt that very many of these guys can opt out of their Europe contracts just based on past history. But if there's one player who maybe we should be rooting for, it might be this Georgia native....

2017-03-02_2324.png

Watch this, and you might be like me and come away with the thought, "This guy might be a chucker"... simultaneously as memories of Downtown Freddy Brown and World B. Free flood your brain...

In my brief reading, it seems that Teodosic and this guy are considered the top 2 PGs in the league.

I thought the pick was going to be a true PG.   2.9 assist looks SG to me.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Calderon fits Bud's style like a glove, but I don't think they are going to sign him now.   Calderon is a great shooter, pass first point guard, a floor leader who is not a great defender.

I just have a problem with Buds front office player judgement.  We got Ersan because philly was giving him away, although he was a good pickup.  

Goudelock isn't really a true PG, but we have to realize that Euroleague assist rules are quite a bit different than American assist rules. I think in Euroleague an assist only comes when the guy shoots immediately after catching the ball from someone else. You can't put the ball down, not even just once/twice. If you do it's not an assist.

He can play PG but he's more of a shooting PG....which most PGs are today anyway.

48 minutes ago, sturt said:

Just trying to lay out the menu, guys and gals... not my fault that it's McD's rather than Red Lobster... hehe.

@MaceCase just lifted his nose up and left the room. He wants caviar...

4 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

IMG_9056.GIF

That's way less dignified than MCase sees himself.

Anyways, now that Jose is (allegedly) in, let's get Scola up in dis bish.  Shiiii even as a practice body.  Is anybody else out there.  Let's just sign up all tha cuttees. #TalentUpgrade