• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I expect this to be the starting lineup next season....

JTB

• Moderators

If there is a way to get Butler in the offseason then we do it and re-sign Sap.   If not we need to bring in some shooters.   Bud knows how to take advantage of having good shooters.   Ersan is a good option.  I'd consider going after JJ Reddick but if that's too much maybe Jodie Meeks.   I'd hate to see Sap go but it would free up a lot of money.   

31 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

If there is a way to get Butler in the offseason then we do it and re-sign Sap.   If not we need to bring in some shooters.   Bud knows how to take advantage of having good shooters.   Ersan is a good option.  I'd consider going after JJ Reddick but if that's too much maybe Jodie Meeks.   I'd hate to see Sap go but it would free up a lot of money.   

im ok with sap coming back at 2 year max 3rd year team option but he likely won't go for that so I say give sap 2 year max contact.

The issue with butler and george is that these guys aren't real true options for the hawks but i like their aggressiveness in trying to get these players. however the possibilities for star players to atlanta remains slim.

22 hours ago, JTB said:

Personally I prefer this lineup right now cause at this point there's nothing to lose. Hawks highest ceiling this season is either first or second round out (really typical season from recent years during this 10 straight playoff streak)

Anyhow I call this starting lineup "On to da future":

pg- Schröder aka "lil goldie"

sg- THJ (love when the arena announcer says T!...H!...J!....just sounds so star like! lol)

sf- Prince 

pf- Sap

c- Howard 

i believe the "on to da future" lineup give the Hawks the best possible out come going forward on both sides of the ball, while also developing chemistry among Dennis, THJ, Prince...who should be our starters at those positions for a very long time.

thoughts? If any?

Talk about a horrible shooting line up.....geez

34 minutes ago, JTB said:

im ok with sap coming back at 2 year max 3rd year team option but he likely won't go for that so I say give sap 2 year max contact.

The issue with butler and george is that these guys aren't real true options for the hawks but i like their aggressiveness in trying to get these players. however the possibilities for star players to atlanta remains slim.

Sap is too old to keep gambling on himself.
I don't know where, but he will sign at least a four year deal and cash out the last time in his career. 

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, JTB said:

I think Butler is an option.  George isn't because he's obvioiusly just going to the lakers when he can.   

No matter how you feel on Howard, if Millsap goes, that has to be a wrap on the Howard experiment too. It hasn't totally failed, but the success it's had is very limited and it's only succeeded in making the Howard fan club extremely happy in one game since the break (Boston), otherwise (I mean since the break)...

If what I see is correct and Howard is pouting because he's not getting touches to start the game (and who cares if he actually does! when he does get touches it only leads to a total stalwart!), imagine if Millsap were gone! It'd be a full season pout fest from Howard.

Edited by Lurker

2 hours ago, JTB said:

Gordon Hayward tho.... 

I think you all aren't being completely realistic! You just can't say we are going to get Butler or Paul George without speaking of a realistic trade to get these guys. And there's just no way Hayward chooses Atlanta at this point. The money would have to be ridiculous and to be completely honest I don't think Hayward is worth a crazy max amount.

• Moderators
46 minutes ago, JTB said:

I think you all aren't being completely realistic! You just can't say we are going to get Butler or Paul George without speaking of a realistic trade to get these guys. And there's just no way Hayward chooses Atlanta at this point. The money would have to be ridiculous and to be completely honest I don't think Hayward is worth a crazy max amount.

If Hayward isn't worth the max then Sap and Hardaway sure aren't.   

No way PG is coming here.   Butler i think the Bulls would move on a deal that included Dennis and a 1st but may have to include Prince too.