NBA team for sale?

TRW

Heard on Colin Cowherd earlier today that an eastern conference team is possibly up for sale. I hope it's not us. Is it the Knicks? Will Supes are somebody in the know give me more intel. Don't know how reliable this Cowherd guy is.

Has all that New Orleans stuff completely calmed down? Benson paid off or started to pay off the ltd partnership with the NBA a few years ago I believe or did he buy it in a single transaction back then, not sure. He is also almost ninety years old and his faculties have been questioned in the past. This is a news clip from 2015.

Benson severed ties with his daughter, Renee, and her children, Rita and Ryan LeBlanc, and announced that he would leave the Saints and the NBA's Pelicans to his wife. The estranged heirs say the decision comes as Benson's health and memory have deteriorated following a series of recent knee surgeries, and claim he has subsisted on a diet of candy, red wine and soda pop.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2015/03/tom_benson_medical_records_sea.html

First, no way that guy has any inside info that guys at the Vertical haven't already posted.

Second, it's been fairly common knowledge that the Nets could be for sale.  That's probably what he's "reporting" IOW it's non news.

Third, despite what some jacklegs on here were saying earlier, it's highly doubtful our owners are gonna quick-flip the franchise after what 2 years.  Even if you believe they would, the franchise value hasn't increased enough to make that worthwhile.

Last, in what way is Supes "in the know"?

18 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Hmmmm...8 posts in and somebody thinks "supes" is in the know....

Smells fishy to me...how many accounts can be owned by Supes?...

IMG_9432.GIF

17 hours ago, TRW said:

Heard on Colin Cowherd earlier today that an eastern conference team is possibly up for sale. I hope it's not us. Is it the Knicks? Will Supes are somebody in the know give me more intel. Don't know how reliable this Cowherd guy is.

There is always talk around the league of teams on the market. In the past it was Memphis and a couple other smaller franchises but since the TV deal, I haven't heard nothing concrete. 

If I had to guess: 

1. The Wolves. They were the talk most in talks last year. The TV kinda changed things but I know they are one team. Maybe KG might get into this one.

2. Shaq has interest and he has cred, he could get into the action. Where, I don't know.

3. I would like for Stan K to sell the Nuggets but that's never happening. He loves his sports and loves the Colorado teams.  

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

First, no way that guy has any inside info that guys at the Vertical haven't already posted.

Second, it's been fairly common knowledge that the Nets could be for sale.  That's probably what he's "reporting" IOW it's non news.

Third, despite what some jacklegs on here were saying earlier, it's highly doubtful our owners are gonna quick-flip the franchise after what 2 years.  Even if you believe they would, the franchise value hasn't increased enough to make that worthwhile.

They aren't for sale. A lot of wealthy guys want Brooklyn and Mikhali has no interest in selling all of his shares or the majority. When he needs money, he just adds investors. Thanks to Trump, he is doing much better now than in 2015. 

26 minutes ago, Lurker said:

OP meant an EAST team. Not just anybody.

I haven't heard nothing. I don't see it happening. Gilbert to Detroit was killed when Gores brought the team. Who in the East wants to sell?

Chicago doesn't 

Most of teams have young owners or the teams make a lot of money. I just don't see it. DeVos clearly ain't selling. I just don't see it. Colin still be pushing the NBA illuminati

20 hours ago, TRW said:

Nets easily. I think they're just going to wait to see when Minnesota gets sold.

24 minutes ago, Thomas said:

An article from Nov. with a couple of guesses at best. Mentioned Detroit first.

https://www.quora.com/What-NFL-NBA-teams-will-be-up-for-sale-in-the-next-10-years-and-for-how-much

I'm not a fan of relocating teams. Takes away from the authenticity of the league. Even if it is the Pistons.lol. I don't want the Seattle Wolves or the Las Vegas Pistons. That's just horrible in my opinion. But I also understand the necessity due to lack of $.

5 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

But I also understand the necessity due to lack of $.

Weird that even with the lack of ticket sales that Gores could conceivably double his original investment. Nine digits worth, damn. 

They were purchased in 2011 for $325m. But you can bet that Tom Gores is seriously contemplating doubling his money and getting out. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2017 at 1:01 PM, NBASupes said:

They aren't for sale. A lot of wealthy guys want Brooklyn and Mikhali has no interest in selling all of his shares or the majority. When he needs money, he just adds investors. Thanks to Trump, he is doing much better now than in 2015. 

You my guy, Supers but sometimes you need to sit down, shut yer mouth and listen to your betters.

http://nypost.com/2017/04/21/prokhorov-to-sell-stake-in-brooklyn-nets/

The Russian billionaire announced his intention to sell a minority stake in December, and now says “49 percent of the Brooklyn shares are up for sale,” in comments reported by R-Sport.

I joke around here a lot but I don't pull shat outta the air, brutha.

20 minutes ago, kg01 said:

You my guy, Supers but sometimes you need to sit down, shut yer mouth and listen to your betters.

http://nypost.com/2017/04/21/prokhorov-to-sell-stake-in-brooklyn-nets/

I joke around here a lot but I don't pull shat outta the air, brutha.

Where did I say anything concrete. 

I constantly said guess and I haven't heard nothing. I made that clear. Don't troll me bro.