• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel's trade of the DAY. No diesel not the core

Diesel

Diesel I hate to say this, but man this may be the biggest hometowning trade I have ever seen you come up with.

You think Reef/injured CC can get us Franchise/Griff/and Mo T?

There isnt a chance in hell of that happening. Maybe we could get Griff/Mo T for Reef, but I wouldnt do that.

The second part of the deal is pretty realistic I suppose, but no way would the team destroy the chemistry and unity by sending out JT and Reef the same year and bringing in all these new guys in a year they are promising the playoffs.

Hey I wouldnt complain if this deal could happen, but it just couldnt.

• Premium Member

Mo T is a waste of salary cap. It was between him and Cato and I figured... What's the difference... They both suck.

Francis is the basis of the trade, but Houston would be willing to trade him because of HIS MIGRANES and the fact that they have: Moochie Norris and NOW Tito Madux to play PG.

Francis however, IS NOT Worth SAR alone....

Griff also is not worth SAR.

Maybe I can change the first part and go with my first mind of:

SAR/Glover for Griff/Francis/Cato.

Then

JT/Hendu for Brand/Dooling.

Francis/DD

DJ/Dooling/Ira

Griff/Toni/CC

Brand/Cato

Theo/Nazr

What happens when we lay down the defensive smack with:

Francis/DJ/Ira/Griff/Theo??

Thats much more possible than the first deal, night and day difference actually..........but still you are destroying the teams chemistry trading our two best players and even though we are getting 3 good ones back, how long will it take them to gel? We are definitely getting the better end of the deal talent wise, but man I believe that would kill our season.

Steve Francis is one of the NBA's top vote getters for the Allstar

game,he is good for 21/6/7 along with being young, and has alot

of fan support.Reef couldn't get him and if he could Memphis

would have probably have done it.

Taylor puts up respectable scoring numbers but can't rebound

worth a damn.He is a more offensive Hendu basically...

• Premium Member

Houston is shaky.

First.

Houston has a very weak Frontcourt. Always has let them down. They put in a temporary fix with Yao Ming... But really, nobody knows. Right now, Houston would love to have a Big Man that can bring them 20/10 to play next to Yao. They have candidates, but all are flawed. Reef is the BEST PF IN THE EAST. That alone makes him better than What they give up.

Second...

Francis may be a question mark for Houston. Nothing was really said about Francis after he missed about 2 months of playing time because of Migranes. If you ask E-Dump.. there is really no cure for Migranes either. Just sleep in the dark cold room for days until it goes away. I noticed a hush fall over Francis talk after he returned, but at the same time, I noticed that they picked up Tito Maddux and were not unimpressed by Moochie Norris.

The way it makes sense for them is that they get to cover their weak spot using a player that has value but is no longer neccessary. Sorta like if Frisco would have traded Joe Montana when Steve Young was ready... What could they have gotten?

LASTLY

The last thing is an added benefit. They get to dump Useless Salary. If the trade is:

SAR/DG for Cato/Francis/Griff

then they get to dump Cato's useless a** upon us. They get two good players and regaurdless of what you say they will fair very very well.

no way they give up Griff AND Fracis for Reef. That will NEVER happen. In addition, I can't imagine that LAC would give up Brand for JT either. Brand and Reef are about the same talentwise and I damn sure wouldn't trade Reef for JT.

If LAC trades Brand, they had better be getting back an All Star in return.

I don't think it is...because Francis MIGHT end up being a top 10

player while Reef is unlikely to reach that level.And sadly Francis

sales tickets but Shareef doesn't....teams want players that will

draw fans and make more money for the franchise.

I found this out yesterday, to my surprise, that the Rockets had the lowest attendance number in the league last year and were 2nd to last the year before......so obviously Francis doesnt sell too many tickets. Reef is a better player than Francis is, he just doesnt take as many shots and he plays a less glamorous position.

The low ticket sales is due to Houstons record.If they start winning

next year the fans will be back.I knew they had the lowest attendance

this year cause I heard it somewhere....but that's cause of the win-loss

record.

And while I think Reef is right there with Francis right now,but Francis

has more upside than Reef has.

• Premium Member

I was reading an article in Sports Illustrated Feb 19, 2001. It was ranking the players of the league... Position by Position.

When it came to PFs, Reef was top 5.

1. Webber

2. Duncan

3. KG

4. Reef

5. Malone.

While this was an article from 2001, Reef had a much better season this yr than That yr. IN other words, Reef is the best in the East and he's probably better than Even KG.

I saw KG's new commercial.

20/10/5 is KG's reason for being paid 22 million dollars.

Reef is 20/10/3....

KG plays better defense but KG gets more opportunities to score or make a play.

A good Big Man is better than a great small man. That's to say tat Reef being top 5 PF in the league is far far better than Francis who maybe falls in the top 5 of PGs?

Kidd

Miller

Davis

Payton

Francis?

Please!

Webber better than Duncan?lol

Jermaine O'Neal will be better than Shareef this year.

Walker is also right there......

Actually KG is 21/12/5

Any article that puts Webber over Duncan had no creatiblity

anyway.

First of all, I'm not sure that Reef is a top 5 PF in the NBA anyway. Duncan, KG, Nowitzki and Webber are better than Reef FOR SURE and guys like Brand, Wallace, McDyess Malone and Walker can certainly be mentioned in the same breath as Reef. When Duncan, KG, C Webb and Nowitzki see Reef coming, they respect him but they know that if they play their games, Reef is just not as good as they are. I don't care what the stats say, I watched Reef matched up with all of those guys last year and he didn't have a prayer of stopping Duncan, KG, C Webb or Nowitzki.

On the otherhand, NONE of the top PGs can stop Francis when he's on. He is not nearly as good a distrubtor as Kidd but he is the most explosive scorer of the bunch. He also rebounds with the best of them. I think Kidd is the best PG in the league but after that, I'd take The Franchise over all of them. GP MIGHT still be a little better but he won't be for long. Davis is still a very good player too and its close between him and Francis as well. I think Miller is a step below the top 4. I'd put Miller, JT, Marbury and Bibby in the next group.

As I said in an earlier post, I think a Francis for Reef straight up deal is reasonable but Francis AND Griffin for Reef? No way!