• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2017 playoff discussion

Alex

Gregory no likey Zaza ...

"Totally unnatural closeout that the league has outlawed years ago, and pays great attention to it," Gregg Popovich told reporters on Monday. "And Kawhi's not there, and you want to know how we feel about it? You want to know if that lessens our chances or not?

"We're playing very possibly the best team in the league ... and 9.75 people out of 10 would figure the Warriors will beat the Spurs.

"Well, we've had a pretty damn good season -- we played fairly well in the playoffs, I think we're getting better, and we're up 23 points in the third quarter against Golden State -- and Kawhi goes down like that ... that's how we feel."

I like Zaza but ....

wsod

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Gregory no likey Zaza ...

I like Zaza but ....

wsod

I love Kawhi and really really want the spurs to win it all.   But I'm just not seeing malicious intent or 'unnatural' close out on that play.   He challenges the shot and then turns around.   At best you can call it slightly clumsy but it's friggin crazy to me that a lot of the same people who are calling this a dirty play called Delladouche's rolling up Korver's leg 'hard nosed basketball'.   

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I love Kawhi and really really want the spurs to win it all.   But I'm just not seeing malicious intent or 'unnatural' close out on that play.   He challenges the shot and then turns around.   At best you can call it slightly clumsy but it's friggin crazy to me that a lot of the same people who are calling this a dirty play called Delladouche's rolling up Korver's leg 'hard nosed basketball'.   

Both plays were dirty as hell. Zaza knew what he was doing. Zaza might have been clumsy in 2004...not now...there's no excuse for that cheap bullshit play and I hope karma gets the Warriors..oh and Delly, the people calling that a hard nose play are a bunch of f***in idiots.

4 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Both plays were dirty as hell. Zaza knew what he was doing. Zaza might have been clumsy in 2004...not now...there's no excuse for that cheap bullshit play and I hope karma gets the Warriors..oh and Delly, the people calling that a hard nose play are a bunch of f***in idiots.

:cry:

15 minutes ago, Colin said:

:cry:

I still love Zaza...I think I just love Kawhi and the Spurs a lot more and now this series is gonna suck. I won't ever stop loving me some Zaza though. He brought a lot for us.

Couldn't stand the Celtics in the late sixties and can't stand them now. Hate that they have made the ECF which I'm very sure ever so pleases just about all of the media, oh and David Stern is giggling with glee somewhere as well.

17 hours ago, macdaddy said:

It was a dirty play, sir.  He didn't pinpoint the guy's ankle but he knew all he needed to do was be in the vicinity.

On top of that, f*ck the Warriors.  I mean motherf*ck them guys.  For them to come out after the fact and refuse to acknowledge that the game changed once Leonard went out was the height of arrogance and plain out bullsh*t.

I can't stand Dreymond Green but I give him credit for at least acknowledging that things did indeed change.  But, motherf*ck Kan'tDoItHimself and sCurry acting like it was an inconsequential injury.  Let them tell it, it's like friggin Slomo Anderson went out.

Man, these boobs makin' me a Lebron fan again for the rest of the playoffs.  Sh*t!

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

On top of that, f*ck the Warriors.  I mean motherf*ck them guys.

I've seen a lot of growth in you the last few years and I gotta say, I think you're up for a Mod position.

Ive really enjoyed your posts, with this one getting me the most excited...

22 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I've seen a lot of growth in you the last few years and I gotta say, I think you're up for a Mod position.

Ive really enjoyed your posts, with this one getting me the most excited...

I'm definitely mod-material if I do say so myself.

I'm trying out the "KantDoItHimself" moniker for Durant.  Too much?  Not enough?

• Moderators

This season gets worse and worse.   Celts to the ECF?  The only thing that can save us now is a 4 game shellac ing by the Cavs, a Kawhi recovery, and a spurs victory parade.  Then we'll get the chance of Pop going to the white house.   Oh please please please .

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

How is it that the Warriors key players never get injured. They haven't had a key injury for a few years I think. Roids?

That's bush league, Spud2.  I mean, really.  Do we have no level of decorum and respect around here anymore?

Just because they're not getting the injuries that everybody else is, it doesn't mean they're on steroids.

Besides .... it's 2018 dude, they're clearly on HGH!

Don't you think they learned anything from the master Barry Bonds?  They're in the Bay Area, man.  C'mon, Spud2.  Even Ray Charles can see that connection.

Your boy sCurry goes from having ankles made of paper mache to being an iron man?  Yeah, that was normal (sarcastic voice).

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

That's bush league, Spud2.  I mean, really.  Do we have no level of decorum and respect around here anymore?

Just because they're not getting the injuries that everybody else is, it doesn't mean they're on steroids.

Besides .... it's 2018 dude, they're clearly on HGH!

Don't you think they learned anything from the master Barry Bonds?  They're in the Bay Area, man.  C'mon, Spud2.  Even Ray Charles can see that connection.

Your boy sCurry goes from having ankles made of paper mache to being an iron man?  Yeah, that was normal (sarcastic voice).

Ya no kidding...it's just irritating if they come out in 10 years and say ...oh there's a Bonds type investigation for Curry...stop the hgh now NBA damn.

Is anyone else sick of Pop?  He's a whiner and a jerk.  LMA clearly tried to hurt Durant last night and not a peep out of anyone about it.  Pop has scared the media and nobody wants to be on his bad side.  

13 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Ya no kidding...it's just irritating if they come out in 10 years and say ...oh there's a Bonds type investigation for Curry...stop the hgh now NBA damn.

You and @kg01 got it all wrong.  Bay Area is the tech capital of the world, some tech giant outfitted Curry with bionic ankles and infused the rest of the guys with nanites.  Only Bogut refused because being an Aussie he's seen Mad Max more than the average person and knows the horrors of a post-apocalyptic world.  Don't be surprised to see Curry leading SkyNet's army after Judgment Day though.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

You and @kg01 got it all wrong.  Bay Area is the tech capital of the world, some tech giant outfitted Curry with bionic ankles and infused the rest of the guys with nanites.  Only Bogut refused because being an Aussie he's seen Mad Max more than the average person and knows the horrors of a post-apocalyptic world.  Don't be surprised to see Curry leading SkyNet's army after Judgment Day though.

Lmao I love it!

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Alex said:

Is anyone else sick of Pop?  He's a whiner and a jerk.  LMA clearly tried to hurt Durant last night and not a peep out of anyone about it.  Pop has scared the media and nobody wants to be on his bad side.  

I like Pop.   I don't find him to be a whiner at all.  A jerk maybe.   I didn't see the LMA incident you are referring to though.  What happened?   

Sucks for everyone that Kawhi is out.   Would have been an epic series. 

12 hours ago, Alex said:

No.  Everyone in the media understands he's usually not being serious.  They're basically in on the joke.

Most of the media I've heard speak on the Zaza play have rightfully called Pop out for supporting Bruce Bowen who's openly talked about doing the same 'get in their airspace' closeout.

I think the difference in the Zaza play was how he turned his body which did seem unnatural IMHO.

I also agree LMA tried to 'Zaza' Durant but turnabout is (un)fair play.