• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

+Rooting for a Cavs sweep of the Pacers

marco102

If the Cavs sweep the Pacers, I'm pretty sure the Pacers will be inclined to trade PG13.  I'm not sure if the Hawks will have enough assets to get him, but after the way he threw C.J. Miles under the bus after the game (http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19167326/paul-george-indiana-pacers-upset-take-final-shot-game-1-loss-cleveland-cavaliers), I'm not sure he wants to be there. If the Hawks happen to get to the ECF or even Finals :blink:, Atl may be a destination PG would want to go.  I know this is a pipe dream, but I believe Bud with PG, Milsap, Dwight, Thjr, and Schröder will find a way to wipe the floor with the Cavs.  Hell if things fall right this year, the Hawks may do it.   I'm bored and ready for tomorrow..lol

Thoughts? 

Sidenote:  The Cavs abused Jeff on the defensive end today. I was sad to see how poor his defense was. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

I used to be a George fan but not so much anymore.  Throwing Miles under the bus was classless (especially with the clock running out and Lebron denying him) and he's changed his game from being rooted in being a defensive stopper to volume 3 point shooter.  Butler is far more well-rounded with the better contract.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I used to be a George fan but not so much anymore.  Throwing Miles under the bus was classless (especially with the clock running out and Lebron denying him) and he's changed his game from being rooted in being a defensive stopper to volume 3 point shooter.  Butler is far more well-rounded with the better contract.

I agree it seems like PG wants to be a villain.  I just think PG fits Buds' system a little better than Jimmy Butler.  If the Hawks can get either, it'll be a Christmas Mircale.

Personally, I want more immediate gratification and see the Cavs struggle mightily and lose the series in a grueling seven games and hear numerous whiny quotes from LeBron, everybody under the bus style.

• Like 1

Personally, I want more immediate gratification and see the Cavs struggle mightily and lose the series in a grueling seven games and hear numerous whiny quotes from LeBron, everybody under the bus style.

The league will never let that happen. The Cavs don't even have that good of a team this year and they'll still make it to at least the ECF. I'm sure the league wants Stephanie / LeBrenda 3 for their ratings as they have to get a deciding rubber match to determine who the better team is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

The league will never let that happen. The Cavs don't even have that good of a team this year and they'll still make it to at least the ECF. I'm sure the league wants Stephanie / LeBrenda 3 for their ratings as they have to get a deciding rubber match to determine who the better team is.

@Dolfan23 Maestor Dolfan, how goes it?

2 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

It goes my good man. Ready to focus on the Hawks for the next few weeks!

Saddle up n ride!

IMG_9586.GIF

IMG_9587.GIF

Well I got my wish and per BSPN

Nate McMillian said the following:

"We know we have a big mountain to climb. We're not talking right now about winning the series. We're talking about staying alive. You could lose a lot more than just this game if you don't approach this game the right way," McMillan said before Game 4 (1 p.m. ET, ABC). "... If you go out there and lay down and give them the game ... you lose respect; there could be a lot of major changes. There could be a lot you could lose. The big thing is losing respect from your fan base and from fans all over."

Would you give up Taurean Prince, Bazemore (only way to make the trade work, possibly a three team trade), and three first rounders (only 1 of the Hawks) for PG13? 

Would he alone be enough to get the Hawks to the promised land?

Edited by marco102

2 hours ago, marco102 said:

"We know we have a big mountain to climb. We're not talking right now about winning the series. We're talking about staying alive. You could lose a lot more than just this game if you don't approach this game the right way," McMillan said before Game 4 (1 p.m. ET, ABC). "... If you go out there and lay down and give them the game ... you lose respect; there could be a lot of major changes. There could be a lot you could lose. The big thing is losing respect from your fan base and from fans all over."

Would you give up Taurean Prince, Bazemore (only way to make the trade work, possibly a three team trade), and three first rounders (only 1 of the Hawks) for PG13? 

It depends. Clearly Boston wants Melo since they don't want to trade their picks and while other teams have better assets, they don't want to trade them for a rental in PG. I would normally say hell no to any trade for a rental where we are trading serious assets but at the end of the day, Kessler wants to win. 

• Premium Member

I was saying the same thing today. PG13 is one of my favorite players and I think a change of scenery will do wonders for him. He seems more like a player who would thrive in a low pressure situation like ATL instead of playing in LA. 

It will take some pieces to get him though. I'm good with giving up draft picks but I do worry about our front office situation. We have to be smart with money - no more Bazemore contacts. Moving him for an expiring (or a team that can absorb his contract) would be key to making this deal happen. If we get PG13 I think ownership also needs to be willing to pay Millsap, otherwise we are probably where Toronto is.

My dream lineup is: Schröder/THJ/PG13/Sap/Dwight 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, marco102 said:

Funny that Nate has been there one year and his comments seem more like something you would hear from Vogel or Bird. He should also be looking at himself, that was a talented team on paper.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It depends. Clearly Boston wants Melo since they don't want to trade their picks and while other teams have better assets, they don't want to trade them for a rental in PG. I would normally say hell no to any trade for a rental where we are trading serious assets but at the end of the day, Kessler wants to win. 

Boston is so stubborn with their assets, as of today they are lucky Rondo got hurt. We will see how the series plays out. 

First, BOS does not want Melo.  They have illusions that they can sign a real top-flight free agent.  Call it Horford fool's gold.  They don't want to tie up capspace paying Melo even just for 2 years.

Second, it seems George feels being in a low pressure, small market situation is hindering his career.  IOW, he'll be venue-shopping to get to LAL or some such big market.

Seeing how Prince has fared, and how George has topped out .... gives me pause here.  I mean, he ain't coming in to share the ball.  He wants to be an mvp guy.  I.e. he wants touches.  I'm not sure about this one anymore.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

First, BOS does not want Melo.  They have illusions that they can sign a real top-flight free agent.  Call it Horford fool's gold.  They don't want to tie up capspace paying Melo even just for 2 years.

Second, it seems George feels being in a low pressure, small market situation is hindering his career.  IOW, he'll be venue-shopping to get to LAL or some such big market.

Seeing how Prince has fared, and how George has topped out .... gives me pause here.  I mean, he ain't coming in to share the ball.  He wants to be an mvp guy.  I.e. he wants touches.  I'm not sure about this one anymore.

You bring up a valid point @kg01.  Today, he had Jeff Teague wide open for the three to tie the game, but he took it upon himself to shoot a contested shot that completely missed everything. However, Bud seems to have Dwight under control, maybe he can get PG13 under control.  Also, I'm not 100% sold on him going back to L.A. has Woj confirmed this?  If so, he will surely realize he will never get a title out there with the best teams in the West being relatively young.

The better alternative, believe or not, is Carmelo.  He's on a two year deal (with an opt out after one).  This gives the Hawks some scoring they need and after two years, they can let Taurean Prince take over the SF position as he enters his prime! 

Just to add a little fuel to the fire

Indiana Pacers forward Paul George did everything in his power to keep his team competitive against the Cleveland Cavaliers. Unfortunately for George, he simply did not receive enough help from his supporting cast in what ended up being a four-game sweep by LeBron James and Co.

It’s just a continuation of what has been a drawn-out process between George and the Pacers’ organization. Simply put, the All-Star is in no way happy with how the roster has been built around him. It led to speculation about a potential trade from Indiana back in February (more on that here).

Now, with his Pacers eliminated from the playoffs, George himself will not commit to playing with the team next season.

In no way should this be considered a surprise.

First off, George is coming off an exhausting first-round matchup that saw him log 172 total minutes in four games. Secondly, there’s definitely been a rift between George and his team’s front office over the past several months.

While George himself has been linked to the Los Angeles Lakers, he is not set to become a free agent until following the 2017-18 season. This means that the All-Star forward would either have to request a trade to Los Angeles or play out the remainder of his contract with the Pacers.

George, 26, averaged 28.0 points, 8.8 rebounds and 7.3 assists in the first round against Cleveland. He remains one of the top-five small forwards in the game. Should the Pacers and George decide to part ways during the summer, the trade market for his services would be plentiful.

6 hours ago, kg01 said:

RealGM stated that they want Melo and they do not want to trade their Brooklyn picks for no one. 

4 hours ago, marco102 said:

You bring up a valid point @kg01.  Today, he had Jeff Teague wide open for the three to tie the game, but he took it upon himself to shoot a contested shot that completely missed everything. However, Bud seems to have Dwight under control, maybe he can get PG13 under control.  Also, I'm not 100% sold on him going back to L.A. has Woj confirmed this?  If so, he will surely realize he will never get a title out there with the best teams in the West being relatively young.

The better alternative, believe or not, is Carmelo.  He's on a two year deal (with an opt out after one).  This gives the Hawks some scoring they need and after two years, they can let Taurean Prince take over the SF position as he enters his prime! 

The reason Melo isn't an option is because he only wants to go to several teams and Atlanta is probably not on that list. 

I'm straight on George.  His stat line looks great in the series, but what did he do to stop Lebron?  Nothing.  Lance, in his weird, controversial style, played better than he did the last two games.  If you have an "All-NBA" player you shouldn't get swept, point blank.  His contract has an All-NBA kicker but he can forget that with Giannis, Lebron, and Kawhi, let alone Butler and KD. 

He never used to take plays off defensively.  He does it all the time now.  A tell-tale sign of a player slacking off is his FT attempts steadily dropping below his three point attempts.  His body language used to be great, now it's poor.  He's a damaged goods diva who jumps at every chance to throw teammates under buses.  Wildly diminishing returns on a max.  

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3