• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is Dennis the PG of the future? Can he win a playoff game?

Diesel

• Moderators

Baze takes a lot of heat and deservedly so but he's the guy who still seems to remember that this offense is about ball movement.    Wiz had 28 assists we had 18.   Baze and Dennis accounted for 12 of the 18 assists.   That's unacceptable.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Diesel said:

So,  he leads our team in field goals...

Our 4 time allstar takes 8 shots.  (63%)  but 1/2 of the number of shots that dennis takes.

By the way you know how they count FGAs? They don't count not converted shots on fouls. Sap had a lot of free throws... So I would guess you can add about at least 3 to 4 attempted shots... 

By the way Dennis not only lead the team in FGA and FGM,  but alos in PTS, 3PT%, FT% and Steals and he outrebounded at least Sap.

There are a lot of things Dennis could improve at. Most important is to become more consistent. But question his career playoff abilities after this specific game is ridiculous and looks like something some creatures from fairy tales might do...

• Like 2

Millsap allowed himself to be taken out of the game on his own in the 3rd by being frustrated over not getting calls and what Markieff was doing against him on the defensive end (remember, I didn't watch this game, this is what I'm getting from his own comments and what I saw on social media).

The Hawks would lose the backcourt matchup even if Jeff was at PG anyway, likely by a lot.

It is vital that Millsap shuts up about the referees right now. I'll say what I said again, but the stuff that he said only fuels Washington's players and if he continues to whine about it, like Lowry a couple years back, the Hawks are well on their way to a total embarrassment like that Toronto-Washington series.

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

THJ sign n trade

Bembry

2017 1st Hawks pick (19th)

2018 1st Minny pick (15th-20th prolly)

2019 1st Cavs pick 

Hardaway is a RFA. Teams don't hardly do sign and trades anymore. If a team wants Hardaway they'll put an offer out for him.

Bembry isn't a proven player. He's a raw role player.

19th and 15th picks aren't going to get you a star in a draft. Now, BOS having those Nets picks and Sixers having their own picks. Those are assets.

Cavs pick will be high.

• Like 1

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

Hardaway is a RFA. Teams don't hardly do sign and trades anymore. If a team wants Hardaway they'll put an offer out for him.

Bembry isn't a proven player. He's a raw role player.

19th and 15th picks aren't going to get you a star in a draft. Now, BOS having those Nets picks and Sixers having their own picks. Those are assets.

Cavs pick will be high.

I'm not advocating trading Dennis or Prince but if the Bulls decide to trade Butler then a package of Dennis/Prince/Baze/Dunleavy/1st for Butler/Rondo would likely get the bulls interested.  So we do have the assets to do it.   Not necessarily saying we want to but we do have the assets. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'm not advocating trading Dennis or Prince but if the Bulls decide to trade Butler then a package of Dennis/Prince/Baze/Dunleavy/1st for Butler/Rondo would likely get the bulls interested.  So we do have the assets to do it.   Not necessarily saying we want to but we do have the assets. 

Bulls don't sound like they're trading Butler.  CHI writer, KC Johnson said their ownership views this year as year 1 of the post-Rose rebuild so making the 8 seed is seen as an accomplishment by them.  He's certainly not going anywhere when they advance.

Sounding like we're going to have to get creative if we plan on vastly improving the team this offseason.

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

He's LA bound.   No point in trying to acquire him just to have him bolt.   

Ya for sure unless Grant Hill or Bud or somebody can talk him into ATL. Overall though if I had my choice I'd go PG13, all things not considered.

4 hours ago, macdaddy said:

And then he has the audacity to outrebound Millsap..........he won't even let Paul grab a rebound. 

I totally missed that Dennis OUTREBOUNDED Millsap.  That's harsh.

Awesome rant  @macdaddy lolololol.

4 hours ago, Bankingitbig said:

.......the make up of the lineup with Howard at Center. He isn't a Center that you can run a fluid, motion offense with. He isn't good at moving and doesn't set good screens. He clogs the paint standing only in the low block and he can't handle the ball. In fact, you can't even really pass to him when he is in the low block as a means of moving the ball because you know he will shoot an inefficient post hook. That said, I think Howard has performed well this year relative to what his expectations should have been. I just don't think he is a good fit for our offense.

That's a big problem wirh running the 1-5 PnR, there aren't many options out of that play. It's either a lob or Dennus takes the shot. Dwight barely sets a passable screen. He can't pass or doesn't look to pass much from the high post so half the time it's Dennis getting the ball back. 

I want to see more1-4 PnR with Millsap and Dennis in the middle. It gives ys more options but our wings have to move.

It's not only ball movement that's missing is player movement - too much standing around.

5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

And Hardaway checks in on the squawk....

giphy.gif

I see you Timmy, better start shimmying your way to some sort of offensive production.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I see you Timmy, better start shimmying your way to some sort of offensive production.

THjr had 1 bad game which has been rare during the 2nd half of this season...he'll bounce back tomorrow!

12 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The had 1 bad game which has been rare during the 2nd half of this season...he'll bounce back tomorrow!

I hope so because we need his points. 

Is this his 1st playoff start?

Agreed on the Sap/Dennis pick n roll and THR bouncing back tomorrow. I think we can win but is it possible to get better body language and energy from Sap Dwight Dennis..? Why do they move to damn nonchalantly, hate that. Move like Tony Allen or somebody that makes hard cuts and plays with some passion.

Damn,in the second half on Sunday all I could think was that the Hawks didn't get the memo that it's playoff time. Although they did play like it in the first half and during the beginning of the 2nd quarter they looked invincible for a minute or two. 

We need a 4 quarter game from the Hawks..not 2 or even 3.

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

THjr had 1 bad game which has been rare during the 2nd half of this season...he'll bounce back tomorrow!

“No, I don’t think so,” Hardaway said when asked if the effort to stop Beal contributed to his poor offense. “Not at all. I think the two fouls, I couldn’t be that aggressive coming out on both ends of the floor. I was kind of nervous getting a charge call or even touching a guy. With the first two fouls in the first quarter, you just have to be smart out there. That’s what I was trying to do instead of being aggressive. You don’t have to expect that from me the next game. I’ll be out there being real aggressive.”

So we have 3 first time starters in the playoff - Dennis, THjr and Prince. We need our vets Millsap and Dwight to step up or step off. They have to win their matchups.

14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So we have 3 first time starters in the playoff - Dennis, THjr and Prince. We need our vets Millsap and Dwight to step up or step off. They have to win their matchups.

A Millsap 45 point Beantown explosion might be needed in one of these games.