• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What if the Hawks intend to overpay Millsap

ISOJOE

The only way you're really getting me on board with trading Dennis is if it's for a pick in the 10-12 range and honestly the only team that makes sense with doing it is Sacramento (young bad team that has a lot of young talent).

Y'all know I like Zach Collins but have also said that he's not going to be there at #19 and he's another C/PF that isn't ready (like Patton, it's because of his body mainly). That'd be my target if I decide to trade Dennis and move up.

If by some chance this happens, I'd try to sign Jrue Holiday to play PG. But I doubt it does.

48 minutes ago, ISOJOE said:

What is your offseason plan if you have to include an overpayment of Millsap?

Trade Dwight. (Toronto for Val and Joseph.  That gives you a backup PG.) or To Portland for Leonard (he kinda sucks) and one of the 3 1st (#20 - I think)  they have in the 2017 draft.

Trade Baze anywhere that'll take him

Re-sign Thjr and Illyasova.

Get Richaun Holmes from Philly for 2-2nds.

Draft #19 and #31.

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Trade Dwight. (Toronto for Val and Joseph.  That gives you a backup PG.) or To Portland for Leonard (he kinda sucks) and one of the 3 1st (#20 - I think)  they have in the 2017 draft.

Trade Baze anywhere that'll take him

Re-sign Thjr and Illyasova.

Get Richaun Holmes from Philly for 2-2nds.

Draft #19 and #31.

Toronto would likely trade Valanciunas to save cap space in order to sign Ibaka and Lowry. Trailblazers are already way over the luxury tax and that would put them another $10M over plus I think they are decently happy with Nurkic. Would love either of those options, but I think we are stuck with Howard unless we throw in sweeteners (first round picks), which I don't think is worth it. Fortunately it's only two more years and his production isn't that bad. Just need to figure out chemistry with him.

If we can't trade Howard or Baze and we resign Millsap, then I think that is likely going to be it for our offseason (except for the MLE). Don't see us resigning Ilyasova or THJ in that case, but I think we would still try and resign Muscala. Just hope that Prince and Bembry progress and we make solid selections this year.

35 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

Toronto would likely trade Valanciunas to save cap space in order to sign Ibaka and Lowry. Trailblazers are already way over the luxury tax and that would put them another $10M over plus I think they are decently happy with Nurkic. Would love either of those options, but I think we are stuck with Howard unless we throw in sweeteners (first round picks), which I don't think is worth it. Fortunately it's only two more years and his production isn't that bad. Just need to figure out chemistry with him.

If we can't trade Howard or Baze and we resign Millsap, then I think that is likely going to be it for our offseason (except for the MLE). Don't see us resigning Ilyasova or THJ in that case, but I think we would still try and resign Muscala. Just hope that Prince and Bembry progress and we make solid selections this year.

If we are bringing back Millsap and can't move Dwight and/or Baze then it should be luxury tax time for the Hawks. If we are signing Millsap it means we are still trying to win (what I'm not sure). So not bringing back Illy and THjr just made us weaker since we definitely won't have capspace for ANYBODY else worthwhile.  At least with THjr and Illy we have their bird rights so we can exceed the cap to resign them.  

This is a worse case scenario.

However, we can also resign them and trading them later depending on how the season progresses.

Any offseason that resigns Millsap and doesn't at least try to dump one or both of the Dwight/Bazemore contracts is a failure, and it's a failure not just due to on the court play, it's a failure because if you do that and resign THJ, that's it. You're not getting anyone else.