Gersson Rosas, Assistant GM of the Houston Rockets

Travis Schlenk, Assistant GM of the Golden State Warriors

Tommy Sheppard, VP of Basketball Operations of the Washington Wizards

Mark Hughes, Director of Player Personnel of the New York Knicks

Trajan Langdon, Assistant GM of the New Jersey Nets

Possibly Troy Weaver, Assistant GM of the Oklahoma City Thunder

• Like 1

COMONNNNN MIKE ZARREN!!!!

Sources told ESPN that the Hawks have conducted interviews with both Sheppard and Schlenk this week and continue to have interest in ESPN television analyst Chauncey Billups as well as Boston Celtics assistant general manager Mike Zarren as they search for a new lead voice for basketball operations.

6 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

COMONNNNN MIKE ZARREN!!!!

Sources told ESPN that the Hawks have conducted interviews with both Sheppard and Schlenk this week and continue to have interest in ESPN television analyst Chauncey Billups as well as Boston Celtics assistant general manager Mike Zarren as they search for a new lead voice for basketball operations.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19425349/atlanta-hawks-interview-tommy-sheppard-travis-schlenk-front-office

There is the link to Stein's story.

I'd have to say that with the list of guys who are lining up to take this job, it would be a let down to see it go to Chauncey Billups.

Edited by KB21
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, kg01 said:

(where there's no record to be subpoenaed in case someone gets murk'd).

Like I've said a few times before, your really pretty scary cat.

Looks like Hawks were also interested in Niel Olshey of the Blazers, but were denied permission to speak with him.  I think it's crazy that teams can deny talks like this.  I would think this causes some bad blood between the candidate and the team denying talks, unless they have a really good understanding.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources-blazers-deny-hawks-permission-interview-neil-olshey-job-022925814.html

Interesting that the article says the Hawks were particularly interested in Niel's good draft history.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, KB21 said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19425349/atlanta-hawks-interview-tommy-sheppard-travis-schlenk-front-office

There is the link to Stein's story.

I'd have to say that with the list of guys who are lining up to take this job, it would be a let down to see it go to Chauncey Billups.

My main takeaway from that...

Didn't we just learn yesterday that the Warriors had given permission?

And assuming Stein is accurate, when again is he saying we already interviewed the Colonel?

... thus...

Lesson seems to be that, like most things, whatever we're hearing at any given moment is almost certainly a few days old and not the most current status.

Not rooting for any particular candidate, me.... just seems to be too much I can't possibly know about any of these guys for me to get too excited or, for that matter, too down on any one of them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Whatchu talkin bout, @sturt.

The guy was talking about the Blazers not granting permission.

The reason they didn't grant permission is because he's currently their GM....so why would they? They shouldn't and with good reason.

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Like I've said a few times before, your really pretty scary cat.

He shld see what I do to cats that use your instead of you're .... Mwahahhahaaaa .... did i say that out loud?

44 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

The reason they didn't grant permission is because he's currently their GM....so why would they? They shouldn't and with good reason.

Ressler is about to ask if he can date Portland's owner's wife.

44 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Too bad we can't do like they do in football and offering a title or a made up position in order to make it be a promotion instead of lateral move. Something like General Manager and President of Basketball Operations and Top DAWG or whatever. 

11 minutes ago, CP61 said:

Ressler is about to ask if he can date Portland's owner's wife.

LMAO...I like Ressler...he's crazy but I like him...haha.

13 hours ago, KB21 said:

There is a pretty nice list of interviewees lined up:

Gersson Rosas, Assistant GM of the Houston Rockets

Travis Schlenk, Assistant GM of the Golden State Warriors

Tommy Sheppard, VP of Basketball Operations of the Washington Wizards

Mark Hughes, Director of Player Personnel of the New York Knicks

Trajan Langdon, Assistant GM of the New Jersey Nets

Possibly Troy Weaver, Assistant GM of the Oklahoma City Thunder

I like it, this is how it's done. Results were lacking, owner shakes it up, some great names being brought in, serving notice. LMAO at some of the salty comments across several threads: "SMDH" "Same ole Hawks" "This has Gearon written all over it" so forth. Single voice who says the buck stops with him getting $hit done bringing in smart choices.

• Like 2