• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jonathan Jeanne

KB21

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

He knows how to play ball.  He hasn't been playing in rec leagues like AAU that emphasize one on one isolation.   He's only a project because you have to shape his body, but he's not a guy that you are going to have to teach skill to him.  He's got that already.  He's far more skilled than his similar aged counterparts in this draft. 

Yeah he needs to add a whole lot of weight, but the skills are there. He's not a project because he needs to learn the skills as much as the consensus first round big men, he just needs to add muscle which will take time. Dwight has two more years here if he isn't traded. Hopefully by then he could have had the time to become a legitimate NBA sized center.

1 minute ago, CP61 said:

Yeah he needs to add a whole lot of weight, but the skills are there. He's not a project because he needs to learn the skills as much as the consensus first round big men, he just needs to add muscle which will take time. Dwight has two more years here if he isn't traded. Hopefully by then he could have had the time to become a legitimate NBA sized center.

Yep, and as in depth as the Hawks health, medical and developmental staff is now, you stick this guy with a nutritionist and the Hawks developmental guys, and he will be 240 lbs by his 2nd year.

8 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Yep, and as in depth as the Hawks health, medical and developmental staff is now, you stick this guy with a nutritionist and the Hawks developmental guys, and he will be 240 lbs by his 2nd year.

He's got the frame to carry that much weight, but that's a whole lot of muscle to add that quickly. I'd like to see how much weight similarly sized prospects have gained in their first two years.

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

He knows how to play ball.  He hasn't been playing in rec leagues like AAU that emphasize one on one isolation.   He's only a project because you have to shape his body, but he's not a guy that you are going to have to teach skill to him.  He's got that already.  He's far more skilled than his similar aged counterparts in this draft. 

He has intriguing skills for sure. But he's completely lost on the floor at this point. He has that unicorn upside don't get me wrong... my main point is I don't know how you can like this guy but dislike 1 and done prospects on the basis of them not being NBA ready until their contract is almost up. I don't think you're going to start to see returns from Jeanne for a while.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, KB21 said:

That much added weight over 1 year will crush his bones. When we drafted Bebe he needed to add weight as well, it damaged his knees because it wss the wrong kind of weight too fast.

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That much added weight over 1 year will crush his bones. When we drafted Bebe he needed to add weight as well, it damaged his knees because it wss the wrong kind of weight too fast.

Ben Simmons had the frame and added that kinda weight too.  Result?  Out for year with potentially recurring broken bone in foot.

IOW, you can't just look at a guy and think, "Oh yeah, add 30 lbs and he'll be just as agile and ready to bang .. oh, and it'll have no impact on his health."

27 minutes ago, DBac said:

He has intriguing skills for sure. But he's completely lost on the floor at this point. He has that unicorn upside don't get me wrong... my main point is I don't know how you can like this guy but dislike 1 and done prospects on the basis of them not being NBA ready until their contract is almost up. I don't think you're going to start to see returns from Jeanne for a while.

This years Bruno Cablaco.

28 minutes ago, DBac said:

How is he lost on the floor?  He is much more aware of where he is at on the floor than Justin Patton is, that's for sure. 

Also, I'm not expecting this guy to come in and immediately play, but I can definitely see him having a Rudy Gobert type of progression.  I'm much more willing to take a chance on a guy like Jeanne because his skill level is so much better than the overhyped counterparts.

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

How is he lost on the floor?  He is much more aware of where he is at on the floor than Justin Patton is, that's for sure. 

Also, I'm not expecting this guy to come in and immediately play, but I can definitely see him having a Rudy Gobert type of progression.  I'm much more willing to take a chance on a guy like Jeanne because his skill level is so much better than the overhyped counterparts.

Too reliant on his length. Doesn't really read the ball on rebounds / box out. Just tries to go get it without a plan and often times this leads to the other team getting the ball because he has terrible position. Tries to block everything which gets him out of position. Very careless with the ball which leads to a lot of turnovers. 

56 minutes ago, KB21 said:

That's exactly like a guy looking at Wiggins and thinking, "Oh, he's got Kobe potential."

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Sad to report, "he's got Isaiah Austin potential."

French center Jonathan Jeanne, who was expected to be a first-round selection in the 2017 NBA draft, has been diagnosed with Marfan syndrome, a potentially career-ending disorder, agent Bouna Ndiaye told The Vertical.

https://sports.yahoo.com/first-round-prospect-diagnosed-potentially-career-ending-disorder-233438983.html

~lw3

• Like 3

Awful, awful news.  Hope he can make it back.  Austin was cleared to resume his career not long ago so there's hope for Jeanne.  Hope the league looks out for him the way they did with Austin.