• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Building a team to compete for titles

Lurker

Not exactly sure how to title this, but I got the idea for this thread from the other one and multiple discussions elsewhere. Simple role playing question:

Let's say you're the GM of a team that has a few good, but not elite young players, and some older players that don't really play well together. You were a 45-50 win team, but the owner wants the team to be elevated to legitimate title contender status. The owner also doesn't want to have to even retool, and if you try to strip the team down to the ground, outside of those few good young players, he will fire you.

What do you try to do?

22 minutes ago, Lurker said:

The owner also doesn't want to have to even retool, and if you try to strip the team down to the ground, outside of those few good young players, he will fire you.

What do you try to do?

I'd just quit.

Invite this clown to an upcoming Cavs vs. Warriors.   Point to Lebron and say if you want a title we need him, but we can't get him.    So he goes that's not a acceptable.  I point to Steph, Klay, Green, Iggy etc. and say he beat them last year.  Point to KD and say he beat him years ago so he came and joined these guys.  Give me a twenty year contract and I will build you a team that beats these two teams.  The kicker is they might not be able to beat the Bucks or the Pelicans when I'm done.