• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

THJ vs Waiters....who fits Buds system better?

JTB

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

#WestCoastBias

Lol...I do love the west coast...we got better ballers in the Bay (not the stupid warriors ...streetballers than y'all in the A..) And here comes the mob....YOU BASTARDS GET AWAY FROM ME WITH UR TORCHES!!!!!

ps You don't watch enough Blazer games...;-)

IMG_0275.GIF

On 6/4/2017 at 11:44 AM, Dolfan23 said:

I feel like I post this every year but as the resident Syracuse fan on here I say no to Waiters. He's a high usage guy who's very streaky and his first thought is always to try and score. Problem is that he's not that good at taking his man off the ball, he's not a very good pull up shooter and compared to Hardaway they're not even in the same realm in finishing at the basket. 

He's one of the best 6th man types in the game because he can get hot and he has no conscience but he's no Jamal Crawford or Lou Williams. I would take either of those guys over Waiters.

Hardaway has the skills to be an upper 2nd tier scorer in this league and the athletic ability to be at least an average defender so if it were me I would bet on him improving over Waiters changing. 

As the other resident Syracuse fan, I agree with your assessment of Dion, and would rather have THj over him.  Having said that, if it were a way to sign them BOTH without breaking the bank, I'd be all for that.

Dion could be on the verge of becoming a more consistent offensive threat, much like Jordan Crawford showed this year.  Dion isn't as creative of a shot maker as Jordan, but he can knock down shots in spot up situations and off the dribble. 

Dion can also function as a playmaker from the SG spot.  He can handle and pass the ball well enough to pull it off.  

Put it like this.  If we could spend 14 mill total and lock them BOTH up, I wouldn't be against it.  If we could get away with a Bembry - Hardaway Jr - Waiters 3-guard attack off the bench, that might be interesting.

You guys are funny though.   Like some of you don't remember this game.  He was one of the main reasons why Miami kicked our butts twice this season.

And he had a monster game vs Golden State in which he was the main reason why they won.

This dude isn't a scrub, and could easily crack the Hawks rotation.

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

You guys are funny though.   Like some of you don't remember this game.  He was one of the main reasons why Miami kicked our butts twice this season.

And he had a monster game vs Golden State in which he was the main reason why they won.

This dude isn't a scrub, and could easily crack the Hawks rotation.

Oh I don't think anyone is disputing him being able to crack the lineup...talent wise he would prolly start or be the 6th man. 

Problem is he's not all there in the brain department...he's a loose canon. If we give him a big contract and he pouts and whines in year 1, we are screwed...combine that with the fact that Dwight is in our locker room ...oh boy. 

Ya sign him, it's a great way to extend a rebuild plan from 5 years to 10. 

1 minute ago, Spud2Nique said:

Problem is he's not all there in the brain department...he's a loose canon. If we give him a big contract and he pouts and whines in year 1, we are screwed...combine that with the fact that Dwight is in our locker room ...oh boy. 

Is there a way Spoelstra's psychology magic comes with Waiters if he is signed by us.

2 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Oh I don't think anyone is disputing him being able to crack the lineup...talent wise he would prolly start or be the 6th man. 

Ya sign him, it's a great way to extend a rebuild plan from 5 years to 10. 

Either we want talent, or we don't.  Give me a loose cannon who can ball, over a great character guy who can't.

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Give me a loose cannon who can ball, over a great character guy who can't.

Hopefully those two types aren't the only options for us.

7 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Is there a way Spoelstra's psychology magic comes with Waiters if he is signed by us.

RILEY...mastermind manipulator.

8 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Either we want talent, or we don't.  Give me a loose cannon who can ball, over a great character guy who can't.

I do understand the frustration...it's loooong overdue...give the loyal fans a title ..

25 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Hopefully those two types aren't the only options for us.

If it is, you don't pass on "troubled" ballers over "good guys" who can't really play.

Malcolm Delaney is a "good guy".  But I'd replace him and have Dion as a combo guard at the point, alongside THj or Baze off the bench, in a heartbeat.

10 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If it is, you don't pass on "troubled" ballers over "good guys" who can't really play.

Malcolm Delaney is a "good guy".  But I'd replace him and have Dion as a combo guard at the point, alongside THj or Baze off the bench, in a heartbeat.

Comon now you know you can't compare the two because of salaries...Waiters will prolly get paid 15X what Malcolm will get paid.

Apples and oranges.

15 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Comon now you know you can't compare the two because of salaries...Waiters will prolly get paid 15X what Malcolm will get paid.

He will command what Tim will most likely or even more so making that choice is, ugh.... Will take Tim and the fact he did more than expected to slow down Beal for five out of six games. Start hitting shots in the playoffs (pretty fracking please) and there is no looking back. Definitely affects the draft strategy but the unavoidable risk is the draft is first and we can't handle FA until afterwards. JJ is another positive can of worms that may indeed change everything, the rest of draft and FA for us.  

• Like 1