• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Boston/Philly

Thomas

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

c

I would puke if the C's got Butler.  The Boston Media would be even more unbearable.  Even if the Celtics get Butler, they still are not as good as the Cavs, so there's that.  Please Lawd don't let this happen.

• Like 1

• Admin

Trade is done ... i like Fultz next to Simmons ... he can shoot from the outside and he doesn't need to completely run the offense ... that allows Ben to do his thing.  They need a sg now who can consistently hit the 3.  Potential nice future for this team ... big issue is that all of these potential stars will be up for contracts around the same time

30 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Trade is done ... i like Fultz next to Simmons ... he can shoot from the outside and he doesn't need to completely run the offense ... that allows Ben to do his thing.  They need a sg now who can consistently hit the 3.  Potential nice future for this team ... big issue is that all of these potential stars will be up for contracts around the same time

I don't think the fit is great.  Fultz is a high usage guy, but so is Simmons and Embiid.  Fultz isn't going to shoot it well enough to space the floor for Simmons and Embiid, two none shooters.  

Philadelphia is truly the poster child on why it is foolish to bank everything on the lottery.  They will make this trade and end up no closer to the playoffs than they were 3 years ago.

• Admin

My question is Celtics are hot for Johnson ... they already have Crowder and Brown ... they also want to go after Haywood ... does that make sense???

they really need a PF or Center ... they should blow their cap on Blake or someone like that

4 hours ago, DBac said:

The original details were much better for both sides. Now I think Philly won outright.

I agree.  The pick protections (assuming any amount of natural progression by the Lakers and Kings) could have Boston picking 6th or worse in 2019.  The #3 and #6* aren't a terrible overpay for #1. 

If Butler is the end goal for Ainge then this doesn't improve that outlook either, he already had more than sufficient ammunition to get Butler with either Nets pick, I don't see how #3 and a wildcard pick would be more enticing to Chicago.

Ainge is always able to squeeze a first rounder out of folks whenever anyone is willing to deal with him it seems. Hate the guy but he has been really good for the green guys, on and off the court.

• Like 1

First off, f*ck Adam Silver for trying to give us Lakers/Celts rivalry again...

Potential Celts picks:

So worst case scenario is:
2016 Celts #3 Jalen brown
2017 Celts #3 Josh Jackson (flipped for Butler)
2018 Celts #1 Michael Porter
2018 Celts #2. (From Lakers)

and more to come...

I hate Adam Silver, I hate Billy King, I hate Danny Ainge, I hate Larry Drew..

(the last one I just threw in there again lol)..

So Adam Silver wants:

2015-2019- Warriors/Cavs

2020-2025- Celtics/Lakers/Sixers/Bucks

:-/

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

So, what does it say about Jaylen Brown that the Celtics are apparently targeting Josh Jackson?

In today's game...they can play together in the frontcourt at SF pf.