• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Concessions for Dennis.

Diesel

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Watchman said:

The only way he gets an all-star spot is if Bud is the East coach.

If Bud is the East Coach then Maybe Dennis will deserve it... but the Line of PGs in front of Dennis is Long.  Didn't Wall show that he was the superior talent in the playoffs.   Dennis got a long wait to go... and while we have been talking about his offense... Did anybody say anything about his defense?

• Like 1

Just was the best player in the playoffs in his first year as a starter and against one of the best PGs in the whole league in a golden era of PGs. Let's bash him some more, morons.

This forum is a joke with people like Diesel creating 3 threas within half an hour and all are stupid as f***. Unbearable.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kurupt said:

Just was the best player in the playoffs in his first year as a starter and against one of the best PGs in the whole league in a golden era of PGs. Let's bash him some more, morons.

This forum is a joke with people like Diesel creating 3 threas within half an hour and all are stupid as f***. Unbearable.

I think Wall would disagree with your first statement.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kurupt said:

Best player o nthe Hawks. My goodness. You are like a child.

You want to keep a locker room cancer and someone who has no clue how to be a point guard, you'll probably get your wish.  Replace Curry with Schröder, and they would not have won the title this year.

29 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Let's see.  Irving, Wall, Rondo, Lowry, Walker, Thomas, Dragic, Lin... hell even Payton... Yeah... Dennis makes the Allstar game if he catches all those guys with a Tonya Harding pipe to the knee or something.

Dennis is the 4th best PG in the East next year... only ones better are Kemba,Irving,and Wall

21 minutes ago, Diesel said:

If Bud is the East Coach then Maybe Dennis will deserve it... but the Line of PGs in front of Dennis is Long.  Didn't Wall show that he was the superior talent in the playoffs.   Dennis got a long wait to go... and while we have been talking about his offense... Did anybody say anything about his defense?

If you're under the impression Dennis is the reason why we lost round 1 you're just hating.... 

• Like 1

I get a sick feeling in my stomach (like @Spud2Nique when he eats more than his gastric bypass allows) when I have to agree with @Diesel but I was getting hype and schwifty all over people last week saying the same thing. Someone mentioned ISO-Dennis and unfortunately that's the type of PG that he is right now. That may be fine to win with in the current NBA though. If Schlenk thinks Dennis is the guy then I will trust him since he knows what type of PG wins in the modern NBA. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

I get a sick feeling in my stomach (like @Spud2Nique when he eats more than his gastric bypass allows) when I have to agree with @Diesel but I was getting hype and schwifty all over people last week saying the same thing. Someone mentioned ISO-Dennis and unfortunately that's the type of PG that he is right now. That may be fine to win with in the current NBA though. If Schlenk thinks Dennis is the guy then I will trust him since he knows what type of PG wins in the modern NBA. 

You need use some prison enzymes n shit ja feel? Lol...I think your step nephew @kg01 will hook it up.

20 minutes ago, StephenHawking said:

I'm just curious what kind of wonders you ask for from a 17th pick. He became the starting PG of a playoff team and made the former allstar pg expendable. He played a solid first season as a starter. Still has lots of potential to grow. 

Nobody knows if he's gon be able to actually reach his potential but at least he has the mentality, the dog in him to try. 

I don't consider realizing a players limitations as being negative anymore than recognizing his skills as being positive. 

If you can't admit that he's not a natural passer or a pure PG then that to me is just as bad as someone being overly negative.

vor 8 Minuten, Dolfan23 sagte:

I don't consider realizing a players limitations as being negative anymore than recognizing his skills as being positive. 

If you can't admit that he's not a natural passer or a pure PG then that to me is just as bad as someone being overly negative.

Sure he's a me first guy so far in his career. But it's first of all not the end of the road and secondly was partially (precisely when he played bu pg) wanted by the coaching staff. Also the Howard Dennis duo just didnt work out. Thats why they got Dennis a pnr threat now as 4/5. Hes hopefully the piece to make dennis flourish as a passer.

But yeah i understand that he's very lackadaisical with his passes and sees his own opportunity first. 

Still to me the glass is half full and not half empty as to you guys.

34 minutes ago, StephenHawking said:

Sure he's a me first guy so far in his career. But it's first of all not the end of the road and secondly was partially (precisely when he played bu pg) wanted by the coaching staff. Also the Howard Dennis duo just didnt work out. Thats why they got Dennis a pnr threat now as 4/5. Hes hopefully the piece to make dennis flourish as a passer.

But yeah i understand that he's very lackadaisical with his passes and sees his own opportunity first. 

Still to me the glass is half full and not half empty as to you guys.

I do not see the glass as half empty. I'm not someone who believes we are tanking. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

I can't wait to start the count of how many other players fault it is that Dennis fs up.   So far... D8 and Millsap.  Plumlee, Collins, Moose... get ready for your share of Blame. 

His chemistry was perfectly fine with Millsap. I was mainly saying that with Dwight.

Maybe you will throw up your hands and finally give up when the Dwight era fails at teams five more times. Because oh yes. It's failing in Charlotte.

Edited by Lurker

Zitat

Your point of Dennis being a ball hog and terrible hinges primarily on the fact that he doesn't "feed the post". You convieniently ignore all the stats me (and others before me) showing that Dwight Howard got the most post touches of all f***ing players in the whole f***ing league and he is pretty shit converting on these opportunities. You also ignore the fact that he could have be an elite roll-man, but didn't want to do it. And somehow Schröder is to blame for everything although he is already an average passing PG on a shitty shooting team in his first year.

Zitat

Let’s look at ball hog Schröder. Among 113 Guards (some players like Antetokounmpo are listed as Guards also) with at least 20 games played and 20 mpg, Schröder is 16th with 57 passes per game. He is 14th in assists (tied with known ball hog Mike Conley), 8th in Secondary Assists (the “hockey assist”), 13th in potential assists and 25th in Asts/TO ratio. Considering the Hawks had the 8th worst 3-point shooting percentage (with the 16th most shots) and were only average on converting 2-point FGs, these numbers seem pretty okay.

So if your pont is that a 17th pick in his first year as a starter is only an average passer, you are correct. If you think THAT is the problem, you are being an idiot (once more).

[Also the San Antonio system doesn't produve high assist numbers for PGs anyway - especially if the team can't shoot the 3]

I just need to quote my old posts. This is amazing. I was also spot-on on Dwight 8 weeks ago:

Zitat

First of all, I think that Howard did well this season. He did what could be expected of him and until a few days ago, I would have complimented his overall attitude, because he did not (publicly) complain – but I have to scrap that part. If he is not satisfied with what he got this season and isn't looking to improve filling out this role, his worth is severely diminished.

Now, to the matter at hand. Dwight Howard is 11th in post touches in terms of frequency (excluding Edy Tavares with 1 game and Papagiannis with not enough minutes/plays). He is 33rd in points per possession on post touches. There are only about 40 players that average 2 post touches per game and he is the 7th worst in PPP. This is due to his (at best) average 47% FG%, his high turnover rate and bad free throw shooting. You can also look at Post Touches (i.e. a pass and reception within the paint). Amongst players with at least 20 mpg, Howard leads the league here with 7.0 per game. Amongst the same group, Howard is also 1st in the league with 8.0 Paint Touches (getting the ball within 8 5ft of the basket).

In my opinion this clearly shows that he arguably is overused on post-ups and not the other way around. He is essentially one of if not THE player in the league, that is most used as a traditional big man.

Now let’s look at him as a Pick&Roll player as the rolling man. Among 107 players that have more than 1 possession of this kind and have played more than 20 games, Howard has the 9th lowest frequency as the roll man with 10.1%. Paul Millsap, for example, is at 23.4% (33rd). Dwight Howard scores 1.18 PPP on these plays, which is 15th among qualified players (Millsap has a paltry 0.86 PPP). Howards FG% of 66% is the 7th best and his TO% 40% lower than on post-ups.

There is no way the Hawks should involve Howard in more post-plays. He already is used a ton compared to all other players and he is not very efficient at it.  He should be involved more often as the roll-man in P&R plays. But as Budenholzer already publicly said: he has to come out and set screens in the first place (and decent ones) to do that. His scoring would skyrocket. But Dwight doesn’t want that.

Edited by kurupt
  • Like 3

vor 22 Minuten, kurupt sagte:

I just need to quote my old posts. This is amazing. I was also spot-on on Dwight 8 weeks ago:

Thank you man. On here are many arrogant dilettantes. Not talking bout you Dolfin.

But many people on here are mocking others due to their opinion and dont even make more reasonable posts.

15 hours ago, StephenHawking said:

Just wait and see guys.

Mentality sucks mightily in this fanbase. 

I'd say in here 75% are pessimistic bumheads and 25% reasonable optimistic people. What you actually call a fan. At least what European people consider as fan

Yeah I don't get most Hawks fans. I stayed off this board for years because everyone is so pessimistic. I haven't seen that or of any other fanbases. It's all "woe is me" "we can never have anything nice" "we will always be mediocre". I hate it. It's why the only time I come to places like this is during draft season. When people are actually positive.

• Like 2