• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Draft Pick Introductory Press Conference

marco102

Just now, marco102 said:

Please post your thoughts here. 

Guess what @sturt, Bud wasn't on the stage.   He was there front row though. :).

That is really weird.  I don't recall having ever seen something like that.  He either has to be a good boy and accept his demotion and shut up about it, or hit the road.

1 minute ago, Watchman said:

That is really weird.  I don't recall having ever seen something like that.  He either has to be a good boy and accept his demotion and shut up about it, or hit the road.

Actually it happens all the time.  You'll probably see him on stage with the new free agent signings.

It is normal for teams to just have their GM introduce the draft picks. That said, in 2013 Bud was on stage with Ferry (man has Bud put on a lot of weight since then). But I wouldn't read too much into this. I think it is probably best for Bud to distance himself from the GM role right now because he likely has talked with Millsap prior to Schlenk coming and told Millsap that he wants him back. Now Schlenk comes and Millsap being resigned doesn't look as certain.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Dnice said:

Only able to see a pic on IG,, I see our future is gonna rock 0.

Sorry Dnice, forgive an older man for not knowing modern terminology, but what does "rock O" mean?  Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

3 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Sorry Dnice, forgive an older man for not knowing modern terminology, but what does "rock O" mean?  Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Well "rock" also refers to crack so ... our draft pick is on crack apparently.

Or it could mean he's wearing 0 as his jersey number.

You decide.

• Premium Member

Hoping someone will post a link once the recording is up somewhere. Can't find it on anything from Fox Sports or on the Hawks Facebook page, but maybe I'm just not looking in the right place.

• Premium Member

Watching the selected clips on that Twitter feed, one thing that really comes across is a maturity level that's pretty impressive. Not sure I can agree with Schlenk that this is the most "versatile" collection of draft picks, but I definitely agree with him that they appear to have hit a home run where it concerns character.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CP61 said:

I like 20 better anyway. As a football fan first, people wearing 0 has always rubbed me the wrong way.

God.  This is how worldly I've become.  When you said football fan, I thought is he talking "American Football" or soccer....Damn you Atlanta United!

• Like 3