• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who is giving Kobi Simmons advice??

capstone21

• Admin

I mean the kid as a freshman averaged 8 points per game and shot under .400 ...  who in his right mind would think that would get him drafted?  Being good in high school doesn't mean you are ready for the NBA ... man whoever is in his ear should be ashamed of themselves.  I know he got a summer league contract with the Grizz but Nate Britt (who really sucks) got one with us so that mean absolutely nothing.

• Like 2

I'll keep saying it, if he wanted to leave 'Zona, he should've just transferred back to the place where he should've gone in the first place (GT).

Transferring from 'Zona to GT for pt worked out fairly well for Will 'the Thrill' Bynum.

• Moderators

If I had people chanting my first name over and over all the way through high school I'd have probably thought I was a future first-ballot HOF'er too. "KO-BI!" "KO-BI!" "KO-BI!"

If he was merely Acii Simmons IV this wouldn't have happened.

~lw3

A lot of good Atlanta area players don't have that great of guidance. I mean he really should have either stayed in state at UGA or GT, if not gone to UK. Deciding to hit the league I assume is based on either family or academically struggling. Arizona is good but not the ideal one and done school for any top prospect. 

I just hope with time Georgia players start getting smarter with their decision making, cause I wasn't entirely in love with Jaylen Brown's decisions either.

• Like 1

UGA isn't exactly the best place for NBA caliber prospects either until Mark Fox gets fired. And I'm not saying it because of the NBA players they turn out or anything like that. Fox uses an old, out of date offensive system that is not going to prepare anyone for the NBA unless they are going to the Knicks.

Edited by Lurker

4 hours ago, Flight said:

A lot of good Atlanta area players don't have that great of guidance. I mean he really should have either stayed in state at UGA or GT, if not gone to UK. Deciding to hit the league I assume is based on either family or academically struggling. Arizona is good but not the ideal one and done school for any top prospect. 

I just hope with time Georgia players start getting smarter with their decision making, cause I wasn't entirely in love with Jaylen Brown's decisions either.

Man, that is everywhere when it comes to the AAU handlers.  We had one who just transferred out at Mississippi State in Mario Kegler.  He is going to Baylor.  Mario was unhappy that he wasn't playing small forward and that Ben Howland's plan was to move forward with him as a power forward.  So, his handler made sure he goes where he can play the three position.  Same thing happened with Malik Newman.