• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Little Goldie should be traded.

Diesel

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

James is the only one of those that remotely qualifies as a PG, IMO.  The other three are deadly scorers first and able passers second.  I don't think Dennis will be able to replicate the scoring efficiency of any of those guys at their peak but he should be able to develop into a passer of the same level as the non-James players there.

Many of the best passing PGs in the game have had trouble winning rings as the best players on their team.  Here are the top 5 assist guys all-time 

• Stockton (never won a ring)
  • Kidd (won a ring as a role player but couldn't at his prime)
  • Nash (never won a ring)
  • Mark Jackson (never won a ring)
  • Magic Johnson (won rings)

Conversely, the top scorers:

• Kareem (rings)
  • Malone (never won a ring)
  • Bryant (rings)
  • Jordan (rings)
  • Wilt (rings)

Not that it matters, but Wilt actually led the league in assists one year.  I've not verified every year, but James, Kobe, Jordan and Wade routinely led their team in assists.

Edited by Watchman

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Not that it matters, but Wilt actually led the league in assists one year.

Wilt could do about anything.  He was a scorer first and foremost for his career, though.  (That assist leading season he averaged 24, 24 and 9).  Interesting fact, he edged out the Hawks' Lenny Wilkens to claim the assists title.

• Like 1

Just now, AHF said:

Wilt could do about anything.  He was a scorer first and foremost for his career, though.  Interesting fact, he edged out the Hawks' Lenny Wilkens.

I never quite understood why he sacrificed his scoring in his latter years.  I have no doubt he could have continued scoring into the high 20s or 30s until he retired.  He was still better than Baylor, West (at that stage of his career), Goodrich, et al.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Watchman said:

I never quite understood why he sacrificed his scoring in his latter years.  I have no doubt he could have continued scoring into the high 20s or 30s until he retired.  He was still better than Baylor, West (at that stage of his career), Goodrich, et al.

His last two seasons he shot a ridiculous 65% and 73% from the field on the more limited number of attempts.  Still grabbing 19 rpg both seasons.

When people talk about how much better the athletes are today than they used to be I get that for the average player in the league for sure.  But for the elites?  Wilt would be every bit the freak today that he was when he came into the league.  He wouldn't put up quite the same bonkers stats but he would be crazy successful and dominant in any era.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AHF said:

His last two seasons he shot a ridiculous 65% and 73% from the field on the more limited number of attempts.  Still grabbing 19 rpg both seasons.

When people talk about how much better the athletes are today than they used to be I get that for the average player in the league for sure.  But for the elites?  Wilt would be every bit the freak today that he was when he came into the league.  He wouldn't put up quite the same bonkers stats but he would be crazy successful and dominant in any era.

I agree.  Especially when you realize he played way over 40 minutes a game.

Edited by Watchman

12 hours ago, Diesel said:

Image result for vader come to the dark side

You might have cookies but you don't have a player good enough to get them to give up Fox.   Schröder is good but Fox is upposed to be much better and has higher upside they won't give that up while also having to pay alot more cash stopping them from going after even more free agents.