• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Little Goldie should be traded.

Diesel

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Uhm.. .that was our rebuilding year... let me help you.

We drafted Terry, Glover, Bowdler, and Jackson (who we traded to Philly). 
We then traded Smitty for Rider and JJ (both of whom were considered young guys). 

We started off with Terry/Rider as our starting backcourt.  Rider was the 2 but everytime he hit the floor, he demanded the ball.  After a while Terry would just give him the ball and run to the corner.

In fact, At one point, in an interview,Terry said that he was not a PG.. but he was a "GUARD".

Yes.. after that  Lenny did put more trust in the veteran Coles because Terry would come in and get embarrased and then he would try to give the ball to Rider to run the offense.  I specifically remember Mookie putting up a triple double on Terry and I think it was Points, Steals, and Assists.   It was so bad that Terry couldn't get the ball past halfcourt. 

We eventually released Rider around Feb. because of his off the court shanangins but on the court, he did just as much damage because he was a scorer who got to run the offense and look for his shot.

I'm talking about Jimmy Jackson lol.  You are so wrong dude.

10 Drew Barry PG 6-5 191 February 17, 1973 us 2 Georgia Institute of Technology
3 Cal Bowdler SF 6-10 245 March 31, 1977 us R Old Dominion University
12 Bimbo Coles PG 6-1 180 April 22, 1968 us 9 Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
4 Chris Crawford PF 6-9 235 May 13, 1975 us 2 Marquette University
20 LaPhonso Ellis PF 6-8 240 May 5, 1970 us 7 University of Notre Dame
5 Dion Glover SG 6-5 228 October 22, 1978 us R Georgia Institute of Technology
44 Alan Henderson PF 6-9 235 December 2, 1972 us 4 Indiana University
22 Jim Jackson SF 6-6 220 October 14, 1970 us 7 Ohio State University
24 Anthony Johnson PG 6-3 190 October 2, 1974 us 2 College of Charleston
7 Roshown McLeod SF 6-8 221 November 17, 1975 us 1 Duke University
55 Dikembe Mutombo C 7-2 245 June 25, 1966 cd 8 Georgetown University
34 Isaiah Rider SG 6-5 215 March 12, 1971 us 6 University of Nevada, Las Vegas
31 Jason Terry PG 6-2 185 September 15, 1977 us R University of Arizona
42 Lorenzen Wright C 6-11 225 November 4, 1975 us 3 University of Memphis

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

I'm talking about Jimmy Jackson lol.  You are so wrong dude.

Jimmy Jackson came in the Portland trade.

We drafted Jumaine Jackson and traded him to Philly for 2 2nd round picks (I think). 

Sorry that Jumaine Jones. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HawkItus said:

If he his a 30 ppg player then I really hate the idea of trading.  He'd be a bigger IT at that point. 

I agree with that. The question is would you rather have a guy who's more of the type to be a 10 apg guy like Fox or a guy who's more likely to be the score 1st type like Dennis? I prefer the more traditional type of PG but I'm not disappointed by Dennis now nor would I be then. I'm also not interested in giving him away either. But to get 2 inches, 20 lbs and save a lot of money while getting a more traditional type of PG I would absolutely do it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dolfan23 said:

I agree with that. The question is would you rather have a guy who's more of the type to be a 10 apg guy like Fox or a guy who's more likely to be the score 1st type like Dennis? I prefer the more traditional type of PG but I'm not disappointed by Dennis now nor would I be then. I'm also not interested in giving him away either. But to get 2 inches, 20 lbs and save a lot of money while getting a more traditional type of PG I would absolutely do it. 

Fox measured at less than 140 pounds at the combine...

Just now, Dolfan23 said:

Depends on the team Dolf.  I personally don't see a 20 point scorer outside of Dennis or THJ on our roster right now.  Someone has to score those points.  A plus 20 scorer is not easy to develop or find.  I say give me the special scorer and I'll find a passer at the other positions.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HawkItus said:

Depends on the team Dolf.  I personally don't see a 20 point scorer outside of Dennis or THJ on our roster right now.  Someone has to score those points.  A plus 20 scorer is not easy to develop or find.  I say give me the special scorer and I'll find a passer at the other positions.  

I don't mind that as long as your 20 ppg score first PG doesn't become a black hole on offense. I don't think that's where Dennis is headed because of our system and coaching staff but it's certainly possible. 

Just now, Dolfan23 said:

I don't mind that as long as your 20 ppg score first PG doesn't become a black hole on offense. I don't think that's where Dennis is headed because of our system and coaching staff but it's certainly possible. 

I agree he could go the wrong way.  But, even then people give up assets for scoring.   So, let him grow, see what he is and react accordingly.  

• Like 2

Fox didn't look like a pass first PG to me when I watched Kentucky, just FWIW. I think he is good but he desperately needs for the jumper that appeared late in the season and in the postseason to be who he really is.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, willthepureshooter said:

What tools? He can't shoot.

7MrDcAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

Fox probably has a little more shake/wiggle to his game and he has the tools to be lockdown on defense. That's it...I'm not sure his passing is that great.

also, my laptop .-. Had to go to my tablet to answer this.

• Like 1