• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Gobert could be an option now

ISOJOE

Utah just lost 2 of their 3 best players and will likely be a lottery team for a longer period of time (again). We could help them out since we acquired multiple first round picks from other teams. Gobert seems to be an obvious trade candidate after Hill and Hayward left Utah. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/CVivlamoreAJC/status/882422731538657281

I would offer 4 first round picks:

MIN's pick 2018 (lottery protected)

Houston's pick 2018 (top 3 protected)

Atlanta's First in 2019 (top 5 protected) 

CLE's First in 2019 (top10 protected)

Utah would have to pick up Plumlee's contract. If they additionally want one or two of the Dorsey/Kaba/Bembry group, accept it.

We would have a very balanced core (Schröder-Prince-Gobert (+Collins?)) and keep our 2018 picks to plug wholes (secondary ballhandling?).

22 minutes ago, willthepureshooter said:

Four 1st round picks for Gobert? Nah, bro.

Most of those 1st Round Picks are not that viable only our own pick would  probably be lottery.  Rudy is on a good value long term contract. I would do it in a heartbeat, but Utah would say NO.

• Like 2

vor 55 Minuten, aali34 sagte:

I don't think they would do that...

Maybe they are desperate enough. No matter what Utah does now they will miss the POs next year. They have to rebuild through the draft because most of the Western Conference teams have (multiple) offensive stars and Utah won't get one back via FA. Their 2018+2019 First will likely be top8 picks (even Dallas could be better) and getting 4 additional 1s is a very solid fundament for a 2-3 year rebuild.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ISO said:

Most of those 1st Round Picks are not that viable only our own pick would  probably be lottery.  Rudy is on a good value long term contract. I would do it in a heartbeat, but Utah would say NO.

I feel two ways about this...hear me out!

1)why this isn't a good trade especially for 4 first rd draft picks....

In my opinion the Hawks aren't going anywhere fast until they find atleast two go to scorers that can really light it up by dropping points when the team is cold and need someone to take over the scoring load. Gobert is obviously not that player . Though it'd be great to depend on the whole team for scoring like the 60 win team, that kind of strategy is fools gold. We need go to scorers before we need elite defensive big men like gobert.

2) why this trade may be worth doing....

this trade is only worth doing if you feel the go to scorers are already on the team. So if you believe Dennis, THJ (if resigned), prince, or Collins will or can be good scorers and step it up when the team need them to go get a bucket...than getting an all world defensive talent like gobert is obviously a smart decision to come in and be the defensive anchor.

to me you need to have the go to scorers in place first before going after elite defenders like gobert 

Edited by JTB

8 minutes ago, ISOJOE said:

Maybe they are desperate enough. No matter what Utah does now they will miss the POs next year. They have to rebuild through the draft because most of the Western Conference teams have (multiple) offensive stars and Utah won't get one back via FA. Their 2018+2019 First will likely be top8 picks (even Dallas could be better) and getting 4 additional 1s is a very solid fundament for a 2-3 year rebuild.

Right but we have the same issue as the Jazz and need those draft picks. We too need to find offensive stars before handing over our flexibility of having all these draft picks 

• Like 2

vor 9 Minuten, JTB sagte:

Right but we have the same issue as the Jazz and need those draft picks. We too need to find offensive stars before handing over our flexibility of having all these draft picks 

Not really, the Eastern Conference ist wide-open and Schröder-THjr-Prince-Gobert  would be enough to be a ~6-7 seed next season imo. Furthermore, it's likely that the Jazz get the offensive star(s) with their own picks (top8).

Edited by ISOJOE

18 minutes ago, ISOJOE said:

Not really, the Eastern Conference ist wide-open and Schröder-THjr-Prince-Gobert  would be enough to be a ~6-7 seed next season imo. Furthermore, it's likely that the Jazz get the offensive star(s) with their own picks (top8).

I agree it's wide open and it's a matter of which players take advantage but it's not a sure thing with any of these players so keeping our draft picks is more important 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, ISOJOE said:

Utah just lost 2 of their 3 best players and will likely be a lottery team for a longer period of time (again). We could help them out since we acquired multiple first round picks from other teams. Gobert seems to be an obvious trade candidate after Hill and Hayward left Utah. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/CVivlamoreAJC/status/882422731538657281

I would offer 4 first round picks:

MIN's pick 2018 (lottery protected)

Houston's pick 2018 (top 3 protected)

Atlanta's First in 2019 (top 5 protected) 

CLE's First in 2019 (top10 protected)

Utah would have to pick up Plumlee's contract. If they additionally want one or two of the Dorsey/Kaba/Bembry group, accept it.

We would have a very balanced core (Schröder-Prince-Gobert (+Collins?)) and keep our 2018 picks to plug wholes (secondary ballhandling?).

Wasn't Gobert the 27th pick in his draft? Why would you give up 4 picks for someone picked at the end of the 1st round? You don't think that is an over payment.  I mean Chris Paul was obtained with a late round pick and bench players. Why do Hawk fans always want to over pay for players?

• Like 1

vor 36 Minuten, Peoriabird sagte:

Wasn't Gobert the 27th pick in his draft? Why would you give up 4 picks for someone picked at the end of the 1st round? You don't think that is an over payment.  I mean Chris Paul was obtained with a late round pick and bench players. Why do Hawk fans always want to over pay for players?

Wtf, Are you serious?

35 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

It doesn't matter which pick somebody was drafted. It does matter how good he is and how good he can become. 
Gobert was #1 in Blocks last year, #2 in MIP selection, #2 in DPOY selection, on All-NBA 2nd team and on NBA All-Defensive-First team...

• Like 1

AND HE IS UNDER CONTRACT FOR FOUR MORE YEARS!!! (21M, 23M, 24M, 25M) 

It would be a dream to get him, but I think Utah sees in him to core to build around...

Edited by rd79

In an absolute heartbeat. He'd be the 2nd coming of Mutombo but actually better on offense for us. There's no way Utah would let him go though, would they? 

He makes 21 million and is locked in for 3 more years and to me that's a steal for a young building block C. For giving them four 1st round picks they'd have to take Plumlee off of our hands. We could throw in some cash considerations to help them waive and stretch Plumlee. 

Dennis already has great chemistry with him, the both played togeter at the bakersfield jam (for one or two games) back in Dennis 1st season... :biggrin:

EDIT: both on the Jam from Dec 14 to Dec 16, 2013:

Edited by rd79
  • Like 2

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Come on here. Who cares where a guy is picked?  Matters how good he is.  Looking forward, lottery picks are much more likely to land star talent but if a star slides you don't care where he was picked.

Moreover, CP was not a fair market trade.  He informed the Clips he was opting out if they didn't deal him to his team of choice.  They had no leverage - just a chance to help someone with their cap situation similar to us with Millsap.  Not a good benchmark for trade value for a young guy under a reasonable multiyear deal.

8 minutes ago, rd79 said:

Dennis already has great chemistry with him, the both played togeter at the bakersfield jam (for one or two games) back in Dennis 1st season... :biggrin:

EDIT: both on the Jam from Dec 14 to Dec 16, 2013:

Space Jam played with the Bakersfield Jam? Man I forgot all about that.