• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rights to Humphries and Thabo renounced

Bankingitbig

Somewhat expected, but I am very curious to see why Schlenk is freeing up some cap space now with these moves and more importantly the buyout/stretch of Crawford. Some people saying its to be able to match the THJ offer (which we have to announce if we will match or not today), but I don't think that's the case as we could technically go over the salary cap with Bird rights to match his offer.

Are we a salary dump where teams offload dead weight in return for 1st round pucks? 

Or are we paying 2 SGs 17 per?

Guess we will find out soon. 

I vote for the former. Suck. Get as many picks as possible. DO NOT(!!!!!) let bud touch them.  

• Like 2

I'm guessing the team is positioning themselves to be a salary dump team too. With all the teams currently having cap problems, it wouldn't be a bad idea. 

I don't know if I could stomach the other possibility :barf:

If this is in anyway related to matching Hardaway's offer than Schlenk might be the worst GM in the league.  Yes the Hawks are the league wide dump.  For a small fee you can get rid of all your trash and junk.  In some cases your trash might be recycled and put to good use.  In other instances your junk will simply be deemed not worthy for anything and the Hawks will just let it go for nothing and eventually it lands somewhere and can help someone else out.  

• Like 1

There have been a few people that think we could help facilitate a Carmelo trade. Maybe we send Hardaway and picks to NY, they send Carmelo to Cleveland, and we're clearing room for Love. Not saying I think this should or will happen. I'm not even sure you can SnT a restricted Free Agent. Just trying to figure out what the Hawks are up to.

2 minutes ago, DUrce1 said:

There have been a few people that think we could help facilitate a Carmelo trade. Maybe we send Hardaway and picks to NY, they send Carmelo to Cleveland, and we're clearing room for Love. Not saying I think this should or will happen. I'm not even sure you can SnT a restricted Free Agent. Just trying to figure out what the Hawks are up to.

Slink is shooting from the hip at this point and has been now for weeks.  He has no plan or vision.  His words mean nothing.  

• Like 1

What at this point would make us competitive? The writing on the wall is Schlenk will build in 2018 and 2019 drafts. He is trying for at least 3-4 FRP in each draft. He is looking for these and just making this an attractive salary dump.

in my opinion, this is the best GM work we've seen in a while. Obviously it will suck to not see the treadmill team we are accustomed to but Philly and LA made it through and they are in better shape because of it.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

What at this point would make us competitive? The writing on the wall is Schlenk will build in 2018 and 2019 drafts. He is trying for at least 3-4 FRP in each draft. He is looking for these and just making this an attractive salary dump.

in my opinion, this is the best GM work we've seen in a while. Obviously it will suck to not see the treadmill team we are accustomed to but Philly and LA made it through and they are in better shape because of it.

Philly and La hasn't proven shit yet though? They still aren't good teams after 4-5 years of rebuilding 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theheroatl said:

I'd be happy if we facilitate some salary dumps. 

Were gonna need more than a bunch of late firsts at some point though 

• Like 1