• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

New Youth Movement

JTB

After being disappointed with not seeing THJ resigned I've been searching for something to get excited about and finally I've been able to find something new that strikes my interest.

How fun would it be to see the youngest starting 5 in the NBA get real minutes and a chance to compete? 

pg Dennis 

sg Bembry 

sf Prince 

pf Collins

c Stone 

while it's likely things will get very ugly due to the lack of experienced vets. I believe these young players can make this season fun to watch....and I don't really like slinky too much right now but if he forces bud to play these young guys on starter minutes I won't be as mad as they'd be expected to lose anyways.

however while they are losing they can build a relationship amoung each other on the court and get much needed experience vs other starting 5s

• Like 1

I really want to get at least one young but talented free agent in here to "jump start" the rebuild by a year. 

Someone like KCP or Noel. 

I know we don't wanna spend, but fact of the matter is you might have to to make up for 5 years of bad asset management. 

3 years from now we could have a core of Dennis, KCP/Noel, Prince, lottery, lottery. 

Edited by Afro

2 minutes ago, Afro said:

I'd much rather start with a core of three than a core of two. Doesn't have to be KCP/Noel. Just that kinda guy. 

I don't believe there's a problem with that it's just those guys you mentioned are looking for max deals and well slinky boy is probably not willing to put out the money 

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

I don't believe there's a problem with that it's just those guys you mentioned are looking for max deals and well slinky boy is probably not willing to put out the money 

Gotta put the money somewhere lol. 

But KCPs market is drying up. I'd say we could get him cheaper, but he's probably gonna go 1 year at this rate. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Afro said:

I really want to get at least one young but talented free agent in here to "jump start" the rebuild by a year. 

Someone like KCP or Noel. 

I know we don't wanna spend, but fact of the matter is you might have to to make up for 5 years of bad asset management. 

3 years from now we could have a core of Dennis, KCP/Noel, Prince, COLLINS, lottery, lottery. 

Fixed.

2 minutes ago, Afro said:

Gotta put the money somewhere lol. 

But KCPs market is drying up. I'd say we could get him cheaper, but he's probably gonna go 1 year at this rate. 

Yeah I like kcp just hate his offense. He's a good defender though. I believe he's a better defender than Baze but sadly his offense may be worst than Baze and I'm not too sure if he has the ability to put the ball on the floor! Plus we have bembry who can become a believer in especially once he gets that jumper going.

out of the two you mentioned I rather have Noel as I believe a Collins and Noel big man dou is damn near as perfect of a fit you can get. Noel has all the tools of defensive big you'd want in this ERA and he has the ability to do what's needed an elite level on that side of the ball. Unfortunately his offense is garbage but hey we aren't going to get a perfect player anyways 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Define fun?

To me, watching the team lose is not fun.  1999-2007 was not fun.

What was fun was watching this team win 60 games in 2014-2015. 

If that's your idea of fun, you're not going to enjoy watching the Hawks for a loooooooong time. That 60 win season was an anomaly.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, hawkman said:

If that's your idea of fun, you're not going to enjoy watching the Hawks for a loooooooong time.

Agreed. Josh slamming it home on fast breaks was joyous for me and no we didn't win hardly any of those games. Clock running down and Joe draining massively big shots was fun as hell too. We aren't going to have a ton of wins for a while so watching roundball with the Hawk's uniforms will have to do especially with all the running we're going to see. I personally will survive because there will be plenty of fun plays by us.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Agreed. Josh slamming it home on fast breaks was joyous for me and no we didn't win hardly any of those games. Clock running down and Joe draining massively big shots was fun as hell. We aren't going to have a ton of wins for a while so watching roundball with the Hawk's uniforms will do especially with all the running we're going to see. I personally will survive because there will be some fun plays by us. 

It's going to be miserable.  Everyone of you who are talking about how exciting it will be to watch the young players will learn very quickly just how bad it actually is.  After about 3 years of this, you will change your tune.

4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

After about 3 years of this, you will change your tune.

Already been through this stuff a couple of times so I'll just try to keep on keeping on.

• Like 1