• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tanking with Pride: Atlanta Hawks last in Power Poll

wolvetigers

In my opinion it is all or nothing.  Personally I preferred the fake to you make it approach.  But, we never fully committed to doing what it took to bring in talent.   So now I say let it burn if you are going to do this.  I might only watch the 1st half of games most nights, but if it gets us a chip.  #acknowledgethesuck(stolen from the Falcons)

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

The 2013 Atlanta Braves was the fluke, not 2014 and it showed in the next years if you evaluated how the players were doing in general on the Braves and off of them.

Again, baseball is different because they have a true developmental system where the young players are not using service time to develop their games.  In basketball, you are going to spend the first contract developing these players, and then you have to make a decision to pay them based on either what they have done to that point or what you think they will do.  It is not an ideal set up.

Even if we looked at the Braves rebuild, they haven't rushed youth to the majors just to say they have a young team with potential.  They went out and acquired veterans who can be leaders in the clubhouse, allow the team to remain competitive, and be good stewards to the youth as they come up. 

College basketball will begin to die within the next decade. Most coaches play to win instead of playing to develop, some use outdated/slow systems that don't relate to today's NBA, and there is a lot of bad refereeing. As soon as the rules change again from one and done to be able to leave after high school or stay for 3 years in college and out and the G league becomes similar to a minor league system, that will be it for college basketball. It will start going the way of college baseball.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, HawkItus said:

In my opinion it is all or nothing.  Personally I preferred the fake to you make it approach.  But, we never fully committed to doing what it took to bring in talent.   So now I say let it burn if you are going to do this.  I might only watch the 1st half of games most nights, but if it gets us a chip.  #acknowledgethesuck(stolen from the Falcons)

Hawkitus.. you're the fan that we have to set a vigil for.

Many Hawks fans believe that this is going to be  1 year... or 3 years...  Sorry my friend... This is going to be a long time for us being in the gutter.. just settle in.   This GM will learn the same lesson that every GM dating back to Babcock who made the guarantee learned... Good FAs don't flock to Atlanta.  

• Like 2