• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Familiar name to start the nominations for this 3rd PG our GM wants to sign?

sturt

• Premium Member

https://hoopshabit.com/2017/07/10/kevin-pangos-stands-out-in-washington-wizards-summer-league-debut/

Thought he was golden for us last SL, and then he got swept away by a Euro contract almost as soon as we began touting him for a roster slot. Reading up on it, that was a 1+1 contract, so he does have a window here where he can commit to an NBA team. Wiz have an open 3rd PG slot themselves, but they're handicapped, being taxpayers and having pretty much exhausted all exceptions.

He said he was looking for either a vet or a young potential guy

Vets:

1. Rajon Rondo

2. Ty Lawson

3. Deron Williams

4. Leandro Barbosa

5. Sergio Rodriguez

Youngins:

1. Ian Clark

2. Tyler Ennis

3. Trey Burke

4. Isaiah Canaan

5. Norris Cole

• Like 1

Yeah I know, It gets old me posting this kinda stuff. We would be pretty interesting moving forward with Dennis and Bembry as the one two at point. Does unfortunately leave us with Delaney and not a vet to measure things out at the point. That could be remedied though whether we eat some contract cash for one year or not.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, GameTime said:

Youngins:

1. Ian Clark = 26

2. Tyler Ennis = 22

3. Trey Burke = 24

4. Isaiah Canaan = 26

5. Norris Cole = 29

Kevin Pangos = 24

• Like 1

I don't get it. MyJet signed that 2 way contract which guarantees he's on the Hawks active roster for 40 something games. Even if he's not NBA caliber he will still take up a roster spot. Is Delaney in trouble of losing his spot or being traded? 

4 hours ago, GameTime said:

Vets:

1. Rajon Rondo

2. Ty Lawson

3. Deron Williams

4. Leandro Barbosa

5. Sergio Rodriguez

Youngins:

1. Ian Clark

2. Tyler Ennis

3. Trey Burke

4. Isaiah Canaan

5. Norris Cole

4 and 5 u like from the top. Clark is a SG. And I like 4.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Dolfan23 said:

I don't get it. MyJet signed that 2 way contract which guarantees he's on the Hawks active roster for 40 something games. Even if he's not NBA caliber he will still take up a roster spot. Is Delaney in trouble of losing his spot or being traded? 

The two 2-way contract players are #16 and #17 on the roster. Has no impact on Delaney.

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, GameTime said:

Vets:

1. Rajon Rondo

2. Ty Lawson

3. Deron Williams

4. Leandro Barbosa

5. Sergio Rodriguez

I'm all-in on Pangos (somewhat obviously), but I see some rationale for wanting some older vet presence on the roster, and back-up PG is a good place to have that.

Rondo? He'll get scooped up by a contender, as I don't perceive he's interested in a team at our stage in the cycle.

Lawson? Yeah, kinda seems to defeat the purpose. He's not right for us and we're not right for him.

Barbosa? Not really a PG.

That leaves Williams... who, I think is more like Rondo than not... and Rodriguez, who I thought I read was already ticketed to go back to Europe, but maybe not.

Another vet PG who just came on the market is CJ Watson who was cut by ORL.

So, maybe Rodriguez or maybe Watson.

But given the three options, I'm not so impressed enough by the vet leadership/influence that either of those two would lend that it would keep me from this gutsy productive former Gonzaga PG. When Delaney leaves next off-season, this is the guy who can instantly fill the role.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, gurpilo said:

Sign Ennis, player with most upside from that list

I would be excited by this.  He has such a natural feel for the game.  His height means he'll never be more than a backup but I think he could turn into a very good backup.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

This guy just got waived by the Cs... seems they've just ran out of roster space, and someone gets to pick up a 2016 mid-2nd (projected 1st) on the cheap.

Might as well be us, no?

• Premium Member

True, with the Rando signing, Good pickup, @gurpilo. Cook is likely to be cut loose. Looking up his contract details, it looks like they can wait until 7/25 before there's any consequence ($100k buyout before full $1.3m contract guarantees).