• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

DAL beat writer > Brussino likely to be cut from Mavs by Thu

sturt

• Premium Member
On 7/18/2017 at 8:16 PM, sturt said:

Add this guy to my young SF "person of interest" list, along with Rockets RFA Troy Wiliams (who also seemingly could end up pushed off their roster given the addition of Mbah a Moute).

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd... subtract him...

Colonel, if you're reading this, just know that I'm all in now on Brussino. Go get em.

• Premium Member
52 minutes ago, sturt said:

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd... subtract him...

Colonel, if you're reading this, just know that I'm all in now on Brussino. Go get em.

Schlenk doesnt want anyone that would help us, he is trying to be the worst team in the NBA.  I've seen this before in Atlanta..............and it was ugley.

To be truthful there is maybe 3 teams in the league that can actually compete for the championship.  So imo in tanking you are making a mistake.  Superstars do not play for losers.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member

To the point of the thread, Brussino wouldn't seem to be such a godsend that Schlenk would resist pursuing him.

I think, even though we all have our own opinions about just how low Schlenk is actually willing to let the team fall, most at least assume he eventually  wants to see the team become a contender again... whether that's in 2 years or if that's in 4 years. I for one am focused on who Schlenk might bring in now who also could legitimately be thought to be here when we get good again...

So, Brussino and also Zimmerman are currently topping my wishlist.

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, phoostal said:

I'll give you credit, sturt, you called it, nice catch

Don't be too quick to give me "credit." All I did was say he was an option, and one that I happened to really be fascinated by. Let's see him earn some playing time first.

The question now is... is he regarded as the 3rd PG Schlenk anticipated signing? Or is he a "big" that Schlenk anticipated signing?

Or, is he the SF that the rest of us thought the team still needed to sign, even though Schlenk didn't mention any intention to sign one.

Coach Bud, feel free to weigh-in to this thread with your thoughts.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Guys, I appreciate those thoughts, but the reality is that I threw on the wall about a half-dozen names that seem to resonate with the direction Schlenk has espoused, and one of them--thankfully one that I'd especially coveted myself--happened to end up getting signed.

To me, it's particularly good though that the same team that I felt stole one from under our collective nose (Yogi) is the one from whom hopefully time will prove we stole back... and stole better.

Pivoting to what seemingly will be the final purchase from the off-season store shelves...

If we take C-Viv's report as gospel--always risky--I'm one of those hoping we can finish the off-season shopping by landing one of Pangos (24), Jackson (23 in Sep), Cook (24) or Marcus Keene (22... and I called him "Steele" earlier in another post... don't know where I got that).

If we want Cook, NOP has to make a decision on whether to guarantee his contract by Tuesday. While they intend to play Jrue at SG some, fact remains, they have 4 PGs on their payroll right now. Given Cook's SL performance, it's going to be interesting to see how this develops. Hard to imagine they'll release him outright, and even if they did, it's questionable if he'd get through waivers without some other team seizing the opportunity to add him. Think it would take a trade of some kind to get him here, but maybe under the circumstances it would be enough just to offer an option to flip 2018 2nd round draft picks.

Of the four, Cook to me is the one with the lowest floor. Hard to say which of the four has the highest ceiling, but Keene is undoubtedly the one with the most momentum after impressing many in SL that he isn't just a scorer.

• Like 1