• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can Dedmon shoot the mid-range jumper?

JTB

Since the recent topic is that there's going to be a so called "new offense" with a lot more spacing so that Dennis can attack the goal more frequently I was wondering if our new starting center could consistently knock down a short to mid, mid range jumper?

• Premium Member

In San-Antonio he would sometimes knock it down if the opportunity presented like at the end of a shot-clock or something like that, but it is not something that is a consistent threat. I think that if he were a rookie more emphasis would be put on his development as a jump-shooter, but at this point he is what he is.

Only 10% of his total attempts came between 10 feet and the arc.  Shot .427.  I’m guessing most of those were wide open but that’s still a solid clip so I’d say yes.  I’m much more intrigued about seeing him defensively night-to-night though.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Only 10% of his total attempts came between 10 feet and the arc.  Shot .427.  I’m guessing most of those were wide open but that’s still a solid clip so I’d say yes.  I’m much more intrigued about seeing him defensively night-to-night though.

Small sample size.  Check the number of attempts.  His good % last year was on like 5-12 shooting from a given range.  That looks pretty good but a single more make looks near league leading and a single more miss means craptastic.

vor 7 Stunden, AHF sagte:

Small sample size.  Check the number of attempts.  His good % last year was on like 5-12 shooting from a given range.  That looks pretty good but a single more make looks near league leading and a single more miss means craptastic.

I bet ist enough for Bud to give it a shot :D

How 'bout Plumlee? Can he shoot?