• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rookie Redraft: Checking in on the top 10 NBA rookies after one month

HawkItus

I'm not down on Lonzo Ball as an NBA player, but the hype over him was ridiculous. Add in the dad issue with how crazy he is and everyone was going to be coming for him this season in the NBA.

This idea that he's going to be Jason Kidd 2.0 needs to be dismissed. His floor is still safe but the ceiling is very low for him. At worst he's Ricky Rubio, which is a fine pass first PG but not really a guy that transforms the team as a passer and at best he's a 16-17 PPG/10 APG/5 RPG, solid efficiency guard. 

I feel like he's going to prove that the pass first PG doesn't really matter today in the long haul. I don't think he busts, but even if he reaches his potential he won't be a transforming talent for his team.

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

The fact that Ainge wanted Tatum and not Fultz should have been a red flag to Philly. 

He is hurt.  Got to give it time.  Embiid and Simmons have been worth the wait.

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

The fact that Ainge wanted Tatum and not Fultz should have been a red flag to Philly. 

No, the Tatum selection had more to do with Ainge feeling snubbed by Josh Jackson, you know, the prototypical wing that Ainge creams over ala Jaylen Brown and Justise Winslow.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sothron said:

I promise your life will be better when you put him on ignore. He's not contributing anything to this forum but non stop, rampant negativity.

Hawksquawk experience is SO much better since I hit the ignore button on him, the dead horse stench has completely evaporated. I'm currently accumulating crow recipes as well  :beathorse:

Edited by hazer
  • Like 1