• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade of the Day 12/5

Diesel

• Premium Member

Dennis and one of our late first to Dallas...

for 

Dennis Smith Jr/Dwight Powell 

Purpose:

We get younger, safe cap, get a more physical PG who is better. 

Dallas, gets out of a contract, gets a good PG, and a first rounder. 

• Admin

I highly doubt Dallas would even consider this ... Powell is getting 9 mil which is an overpay but in today's NBA its not extremely horrible ... Smith Jr. is a potential star in this league and comes at a fraction of the cost of Dennis ... personally I think Jr is going to be the better of the two.  Big D are really bad too so they can afford to develop him.  I don't see their motivation at all for this trade.

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, capstone21 said:

I highly doubt Dallas would even consider this ... Powell is getting 9 mil which is an overpay but in today's NBA its not extremely horrible ... Smith Jr. is a potential star in this league and comes at a fraction of the cost of Dennis ... personally I think Jr is going to be the better of the two.  Big D are really bad too so they can afford to develop him.  I don't see their motivation at all for this trade.

You downplay the bad contract.   Well, that's not their only Bad contract.  So when you have several Bad Contracts, a guy making 9 million and doing nothing does hurt the team. 

Moreover, they will have to make a decision on Seth Curry... and to top everything else off.. what are you doing with Dirk Next year?

Do you bring Dirk, Wesley, Seth, and Barnes back to Develop future players or would you be willing to run with Dennis and possibly compete?

• Admin
4 hours ago, Diesel said:

You downplay the bad contract.   Well, that's not their only Bad contract.  So when you have several Bad Contracts, a guy making 9 million and doing nothing does hurt the team. 

Moreover, they will have to make a decision on Seth Curry... and to top everything else off.. what are you doing with Dirk Next year?

Do you bring Dirk, Wesley, Seth, and Barnes back to Develop future players or would you be willing to run with Dennis and possibly compete?

Bringing Dennis in is not suddenly going to make them compete ... I would rather Jr and Powell then Dennis and a late first